URGENT: UT TRADING IS BROKEN - DO NOT BUY/SELL ANY CARDS RIGHT NOW.

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Do not do any trading until EA fix it or you risk losing cards and money.

Sorry to shout but I think this is of the utmost importance, trading is completely broken right now.

If you win a trade you will lose the money and not receive the card.
If you sell a card you will not receive the money.
If your for sale card expires it will be stuck and not returned to you.

The only thing that is currently working is trading one or more cards for another card (tested this myself).

I think mine is jinxed, will try again tonight. Any suggestions?
I had the same problem but I managed to get past it in the end. After reading other people's advice this was what I did:

Firstly, I made sure that from the minute I switched the game on, I waited for all the loading timers on the left of the screen to disappear before doing ANYTHING. So when you're in the arena, sit and wait for about 10-20 seconds without doing anything. Eventually both of those loading icons will disappear. When you're SURE they've disappeared for good, go to the Ultimate Team menu.

Secondly, I made sure I signed on when the servers didn't have a big load (so 12am-3pm). You can tell if they're busy by taking a look at the trade screen and timing how long it takes to load each card. Any more than a second and it's probably too busy. From what I've read the problem is in some part due to (mis)communication with the server.

Thirdly, after signing in I do all of the changes to the team I want to make, AGAIN making sure there's no loading icons on the screen before I press anything, and in-between each change that causes one to pop up.

If I'm feeling ultra paranoid, I will quit out of the mode at this point once everything is set up, and go back in again obeying all of the rules above.

Finally, I will go into the game mode I want to play (league or tournament), again waiting for the loading timers to disappear before pressing buttons each time, and then play.

This has worked every time for me so far but obviously it could just be coincidence...

Last edited:
LOL well done!

Funnily enough about 2 hours later I won 2x Niko Kranjcar's for 350 each and they arrived about an hour later, one was put straight into my squad without even asking me and then the other asked to be traded/collected because there was a duplicate already there. I was still waiting for my Altintop when I turned off the 360.

I've just had about 30 kits/badges/stadiums all arrive at once, so I guess it's somewhat working again.

Also had my 3rd Niko Kranjčar arrive today, all for 350, crazy!

Still no Altintop though.

I had the same problem but I managed to get past it in the end. After reading other people's advice this was what I did:

Firstly, I made sure that from the minute I switched the game on, I waited for all the loading timers on the left of the screen to disappear before doing ANYTHING. So when you're in the arena, sit and wait for about 10-20 seconds without doing anything. Eventually both of those loading icons will disappear. When you're SURE they've disappeared for good, go to the Ultimate Team menu.

Secondly, I made sure I signed on when the servers didn't have a big load (so 12am-3pm). You can tell if they're busy by taking a look at the trade screen and timing how long it takes to load each card. Any more than a second and it's probably too busy. From what I've read the problem is in some part due to (mis)communication with the server.

Thirdly, after signing in I do all of the changes to the team I want to make, AGAIN making sure there's no loading icons on the screen before I press anything, and in-between each change that causes one to pop up.

If I'm feeling ultra paranoid, I will quit out of the mode at this point once everything is set up, and go back in again obeying all of the rules above.

Finally, I will go into the game mode I want to play (league or tournament), again waiting for the loading timers to disappear before pressing buttons each time, and then play.

This has worked every time for me so far but obviously it could just be coincidence...

Jesus, sounds like you need to take a day off work just to play a couple of matches..........

Regarding broken offline tournaments, what I do now is play a tournament match with my reserves on my Wife's gamertag if the servers seem a bit iffy, that way if tournaments are broken I'm not risking the contracts of my main team :)

Last edited:
Update: Sunday 5th April - 1535GMT

Trading is still as broken as it was 26 hours ago. I just won auctions for Elano (400) and Stephen Ireland (350). Stephen Ireland arrived about 10 mins after winning the auction, Elano didn't arrive and I got a message that I was outbid which was rubbish as my bid was the winning one when the auction closed, so clearly it still has not been fixed and people can bid on expired auctions.

Back
Top Bottom