20 TIMES!
12 July 2007
UK
Manchester United
Hey all its time my PC had a upgrade...currently i have

AMD athlon 3200+
1GB ram
7800GS

I want to upgrade my Motherboard and my processor to probably a dual core , il leave the graphics card for now but these two need upgrading, so if you have any idea's of which motherboard to get or which processor to get it would help me out alot

thanx

Buy my PC off me ;)

Intel Core2Duo E6300 @1.86Ghz
Foxconn P9657AA-8EKRS2H motherboard
2 x 1GB DDR2 PC6400 RAM
XpertVision GeForce 7900GS graphics card
Western Digital WD2500KS 250GB HDD
Blue Orb II CPU Fan
Zalman Fanmate installed to quieten PC
Seasonic S12 430W PSU (one of the quietest PSU's around)
Quality gaming-style case (I forget the name)
Sony DVD-RW G170A Dual-Layer DVD drive
Logitech Click! Wireless mouse
Keyboard

The E6850 is great. I haven't used them but have heard positive feedback from someone who knows a fair bit about computers on another forum. He has it overclocked at 3.6Ghz on a ASUS P5K Deluxe board.

I have a Q6600, can't say I'm not happy with it! There aren't many apps/games that need quad cores but I wanted to be future proof. Also it overclocks well.

On another note, I don't anything about overclocking, I just happen to know a few persons who have overclocked...

Also why do want a PC upgrade? For gaming?

I'm sorry for taking all this time to reply.(I totally forgot :blush:)

Well, here goes:

Motherboard: ABIT IP35 Pro http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127030&Tpk=IP35+pro

Asus P5k Deluxe

I'm not of great help here, just browse a bit. I think these two look great though.
Processor: I'd say get and E6550(2.33Ghz), it's bang for the buck, everyone seems satisfied with it. It is much cheaper than the E6600(2.4 Ghz) and is highly overclockerable(if the word does exist). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115030

Even if you live in the UK, checking out what the customers have said is a good idea.

What is your budget?

Also if gaming is what you want, you really don't want that 7800GS! Wait a bit until the 9000 series are out. I doubt nVidia will make them better than the current high-end cards though,because of the poor competition from Ati.

Back
Top Bottom