Unity 3D game engine : Can we make our Football game !?

IIHUII

Banned
3 September 2010
I know it may sound stupid .. naive ... but there are many smart guys understand everything, just ... but it seems to me that might why is not be able to make our football game ... is able, at least in my opinion.
What do we need? Rich game engine? We have it, long time i has been interested in Unity 3D , just seems very reliable and powerful program engine for this kind of games and is free. Look what this engine is capable :

YouTube - Unity: Millerntor in 3D

YouTube - LowPoly SoccerBall Bumpmaped & Lightmaped

YouTube - #2 Unity3D Basics Tutorial: Making a video game

We need 3D software ?? We can use Max 3Ds or.. QUIDAM
Animations software there a lot good and free soft-wares like Animeeple or some better.
YouTube - QUIDAM to Unity3D

Is it impossible?

And yeah.. sorry for my english :x

Last edited:
Well, that's just utopic, sorry.

You need at least 50 people working for a full year to develop what you need for a VERY basic football game:
- You need to program all the basic logic of a football match and create an engine that communicates the different parts of the game (animations, logic, AI, sounds...)
- You need a solid physics engine developed by yourself (engines in the market are not designed for a sports game and lack the subtelty you need for a footy ball)
- Develop all your first touch, passing and shooting special physics, , all the special events such as penalties, free kicks, throw ins and so...
- You need a whole new and specific collision detection engine in a way that let you develop different animations and communicate with the game engine accordingly
- You need an animation engine capable of doing inverse kinetics with your raw mocap animation data.
- You need hundreds of animations that need to be mocapped, or your game will look simply rubbsih. Mocapping is expensive.
- Then you also need to work one or two years on AI to maket it minimally decent (players, referee, goalkeepers...)
- Add sounds here and there
- Then you maybe need a lot of time to factor stats in your game.
- You have to develop all the online part of the game, from scratch. Ouch!

And we haven't even talked about contents: graphics, models (able to change depending on physical stats), etc...

It's simply too expensive and even if 100 amateur people had the will to freely invest one or two years, the result would surely be a total disaster.

Conclusions: You need a lot of people with a lot of experience, resources and discipline to produce a football game. That means a hell of a lot of money.

Well, that's just utopic, sorry.

You need at least 50 people working for a full year to develop what you need for a VERY basic football game:
- You need to program all the basic logic of a football match and create an engine that communicates the different parts of the game (animations, logic, AI, sounds...)
- You need a solid physics engine developed by yourself (engines in the market are not designed for a sports game and lack the subtelty you need for a footy ball)
- Develop all your first touch, passing and shooting special physics, , all the special events such as penalties, free kicks, throw ins and so...
- You need a whole new and specific collision detection engine in a way that let you develop different animations and communicate with the game engine accordingly
- You need an animation engine capable of doing inverse kinetics with your raw mocap animation data.
- You need hundreds of animations that need to be mocapped, or your game will look simply rubbsih. Mocapping is expensive.
- Then you also need to work one or two years on AI to maket it minimally decent (players, referee, goalkeepers...)
- Add sounds here and there
- Then you maybe need a lot of time to factor stats in your game.
- You have to develop all the online part of the game, from scratch. Ouch!

And we haven't even talked about contents: graphics, models (able to change depending on physical stats), etc...

It's simply too expensive and even if 100 amateur people had the will to freely invest one or two years, the result would surely be a total disaster.

Conclusions: You need a lot of people with a lot of experience, resources and discipline to produce a football game. That means a hell of a lot of money.
Obviously you only read the subject line:) and have not paid attention to the engine which I propose to use ...
Yes it's need people but not 50 !
- Solid physics engine
It's Unity 3D and it's free .
You need to program all the basic logic of a football match and create an engine that communicates the different parts of the game (animations, logic, AI, sounds...)
Yes and This is Unity 3D !
Collinsion Decection engine/script ... yes in Unity 3D has hole this thing !!
YouTube - Unity 3D - Sysiac - Head look controller
YouTube - unity3D Physics Test

Unity 3D engine is HUGE , there u has all parts, tools what do you need for making a game . I read and watch a lot info's . Will need work , will need people .. yes . But look in youtube.. there is lot make games in Unity only from One person.. yes its First person shooters and racing games but.. some body must try to make Football games.. In first stage.. maybe there will be not A.I , maybe in first time can be only 5 vs 5 and only multilayer game .. i don't know .Just seems to me that it is not all that complicated once you have at hand as good as the Unity 3D engine.
And yes for animation .. u don't need Mo-cop, there is a lot sofware whit can be used and can be made great animations without mo-cop technology . Like Poser , its great software
YouTube - Poser 8 review

!!Even more, Unity 3D has own 3D animation engine too .

Actually ,here is the Football game made on Unity 3D engine .
YouTube - Ovni Studios - Placar Cup

Other game with Unity 3D
YouTube - Footvolley game by Three Melons

YouTube - Unity3d Augmented Reality

Last edited:
Here is some animation like Idle, run, walk , turn and ect.

YouTube - Alpha Animations

I know they they are not perfect now,they can be made it much corect and better. In real time they look better, just capture softwar and video compresion screw up the frame rate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom