UFOs & Aliens - Do They Exist?

jaygrim, did you buy The Sun yesterday?

there was a ufo poll in it - i KNOW you took part!!!

Theres a story in today as well

something like the UKs own Roswell :LOL:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/ufos/article1481355.ece

Oh yeah has anyone seen Fire in the Sky?

quality film

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_Incident

"Sceptical viewpoints

Jim Penniston and John Burroughs went to investigate the craft together. However, there is a major inconsistency in separate interviews of Jim Penniston and John Burroughs. In an interview with Larry King on November 9th, 2007, Jim Penniston claimed that he did a 45 minutes full investigation of the craft on the ground, touched the craft and took photos of the craft. However, in a separate interview in Robert Stack's Unsolved Mysteries, John Burroughs described that after suddenly encountering the craft on the ground, "we all hit the ground, and it went up into the trees".

Moreover, the supposed burn marks in the trees were actually axe cuts made by foresters that indicated the trees were ready to be felled. To give further pause to accepting the alleged UFO sighting, a meteor "almost as bright as the full Moon" was spotted over southern England at exactly the time of the initial reports of a bright object "landing" in the forest, according to Dr John Mason, who collects reports of meteor sightings for the British Astronomical Association.

Crucial amongst the evidence is the interpretation of the levels of radiation in the area (clearly heard on the "Halt tape"). Experts at the UK’s National Radiological Protection Board (NRPB) have pointed out that the equipment used for this measurement was not intended to measure background radiation and therefore the readings at the low end of the measurement scale are meaningless."

As with most types of events like this, there are lots of things that have been interpreted wrong by the involved, and in this case there is 2 completely separate accounts about what happened. Compelling enough to write a newspaper article?

Man 1: "I saw something, I don't know what it was and I was really nervous and it was dark".

Man 2: "I saw aliens myself, I spent 45 minutes taking pictures of the UFO".

Reporter: "Describe the UFO for me".

Reasonable person: "Maybe we should focus less on the UFO and more on how these 2 people who witnessed it together have completely different accounts".

Reporter: "...Killjoy".

You can't even properly discern what actual events took place, much less determine if they were alien or not.
Besides, people have seen Jesus and been much more coherent that this story is. And claims like that you'd never suspend your doubt about.
Take away the eyewitness reports (2 inconsistent stories = useless as evidence). Remove the burnmarks on trees as evidence of "activity". Obviously the radiation measurements can't be used since the equipment was seemingly used incorrectly. What you have are people in the woods who saw something. Hardly compelling.

You can make a seemingly convincing story out of anything. Here we have one person claiming to have trotted around for 45 minutes taking pictures of the UFO and touching it, one claims they went down on the ground and it took off after encountering it.

And the media reporting things like these are useless.

Col Halt’s historic memo contains chilling details such as the fact “the animals on a nearby farm went into a frenzy” when the object was seen.

How is that chilling? Correlation does not equal causation. Maybe animals in China freaked out at the same time, doesn't mean squat. And yet the paper includes it. That is a sure sign that this is a story written to attract people to read it, not to accurately portray an event. The papers write all kinds of other nonscientific things and try and pass it off as legitimate, acupuncture, various natural healing techniques, etc, so this isn't anything new, they make money from attracting readers, simple as that.
Yeah, it's great fun to tickle your mind with scary stories about animals going wild, but it means absolutely nothing. Nada. The problem is that people start seeing all this "evidence" pile up (even though the evidence separately are worthless or highly dubious), and they think "no smoke without fire". Only that reasoning is logically false.

Last edited:
Jay's probed up the arse every night by them so he knows they exist

Long time no see MJ, how you doing? You flying planes yet :)

There are more stars in our solar system than grains of sand on every beach combined on the entire planet.

We are not alone. Impossible...

I'm good Daz. Not flying, but still controlling planes over London. More fun!

Thought I'd drop in as it had been a few months... Just got back from an epic 6-week holiday to California! I'm feeling depressed!!

How's things with you? You still projecting?

Good mate thanks, got a good job and saving money to do something like you've just done. Honone just mentioned Brazli for the World Cup in the chatbox, bet that would be a great holiday.

Got rid of PJ and got a 60" TV. Sacrificed size for not living in total darkness :LOL:

Until now ufo's and aliens is like religion its just crap.

Just for outer space be enormous neither proves nor means that have life beyond planet earth.

The science is based on evidence without them is like religion, just faith and bullshit.

Last edited:
It's pretty narrow minded to think that we are the only planet in the whole universe that can provide the right environment for other life forms.

read this bit;

"
.....22 percent of Sun-like stars have Earth-like planets.....

.....Stars like the Sun make up roughly 10 percent of all stars. There are very roughly 200 billion stars in the Milky Way, so that gives us 20 billion stars. If one of every five has an Earth-like planet, that means there are about four billion Earth-like planets in our galaxy alone!

And mind you, that’s only for stars like the Sun. Cooler stars are far, far more common than the Sun, and it’s already been found that 15 percent of smaller, cooler, red dwarf stars have an Earth-sized planet at the right distance to have liquid water on their surfaces (and if you relax that definition a bit, allowing planets to be closer or farther and still have liquid water, the percentage jumps to nearly half). Also, it’s possible that giant planets like Jupiter could have giant moons as well — we see that here in our own solar system — which allows for even more habitable worlds."

Whether they have the technology to come to Earth is another thing completely. But the probability is that there are definitely other life forms on another planet out there.

I think it is crazier to say there isn't anything out there than somebody saying there is.

I used to think the same Bob, but after I saw this video:

YouTube - How Big Can a Person Get?

I don't think like that at all anymore, every little thing that makes our planet unique, makes every life on our planet equally unique. Every little bit has a influence in life evolution.

So while I agree there might be life on other planet, it won't resemble our concept of life at all and I mean at all

I don't understand why it wont resemble our concept of life at all? just from that video? how did you come to that conclusion?

I'm not saying there will be humans, but living organisms that can evolve over time just as we have done into different larger forms of some kind of 'Animals' or variations of human like creatures.

As long as there is the basic elements for life, then I assume there will be life forms. I'm not saying they will be exactly the same as us or more advanced, but in my mind there has defenitely got to be 'aliens' out there in whatever form, will we ever see them? probably not.

I don't understand why it wont resemble our concept of life at all? just from that video? how did you come to that conclusion?

I'm not saying there will be humans, but living organisms that can evolve over time just as we have done into different larger forms of some kind of 'Animals' or variations of human like creatures.

As long as there is the basic elements for life, then I assume there will be life forms. I'm not saying they will be exactly the same as us or more advanced, but in my mind there has defenitely got to be 'aliens' out there in whatever form, will we ever see them? probably not.

The video and a little tripping :P

You say the basic elements for life, that's the catch that changed everything I used to think.
There are no similar elements for life when you consider everything that changes evolution, gravity, atmosphere, particles and other stuff all together on a planet, well at least we have not figure it out.
Though it could be 'another earth' like that movie, I'll give you that. But so far the ones they could compare most with our planet still gonna have a different whatever and that whatever makes a huge difference.

That's what I love about that video, there are many other cool ones on the channel, some that even talk about aliens. But that specific one is what changed the way I think, the beauty of how the environment changes everything, we are unique.

This stuff about aliens for me is more about defining what the word life means, than finding something that remembers our life at all, I hardly believe they would resemble our animals for example.

I assume all that with you believing the evolution theory, of course.

I have no doubt that there is life on other planets, and plenty of it.

The various factors that have led to the evolution of life on this planet as we know it are rare, and any organisms that would develop elsewhere would be very unlikely to resemble anything we've seen on Earth, but the biological, chemical and physical conditions required to sustain carbon-based lifeforms are not unique to Earth - there are countless other worlds out there capable of such.

Just look at this picture;

stars-nasa1.jpeg

The sheer amount of stars (and planets) is incredible, and this is just a section of our galaxy... There are BILLIONS of galaxies out there, each containing BILLIONS of stars... It's impossible to comprehend the sheer immensity...

Earth can't be the only planet to harbor intelligent life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the probability of existing life in other place in the Universe is is infinitely greater than the life only existing on planet Earth.

Back
Top Bottom