UFC 3

Well got Ea MMa in post today. So far its actually quite good fun but I chaged buttons to UFC controls.

Cant compare to ufc as I aint played ufc much apart from at mates, on its own its ok. Shame they are taking down the servers. Fuk EA they took down FNR3 servers also which is my favourite Fight night game.

Last edited:
Something Id like to see in this game or ufc3 is an option to doge with body movements and parry like in fight night games. It would be more realistic rather than only option to block or try to walk away, but being able to sway body, duck etc would be better.

Well I have been playing this EA MMA online all night and its as addictive as crack cocaine, unebelviable, every fight different, quality. knocouts and winning fels so saisfying.

If UFC3 is better than this and has good online I am stocked to buy it, I cant believe this game wont be online in 1 more week :(

Last edited:
Tell me about it bud, I couldn't use a PS3 pad either with this game, so I use a Xbox-style PS3 pad and it's brilliant.

617sK4RebEL._AA1320_.jpg

Where did u get that mate? online?

Its good quality feels just like 360 pad?

Where did u get that mate? online?

Its good quality feels just like 360 pad?

I bought it from Amazon, £25. It's a quality controller, feels great in your hand.

As for the duck/bob/sway, you can do that in UFC 3. R1 and right stick in a direction. Strikes off the back of sways, bobs and weave generate alot more power due to the counter aspect.

I haven't had a Ranked Match yet Online as I don't like the default energy setting. It's bullshit. I play on Player Matches only, and create my own room with Simulated Energy settings. All I want is a good, fair scrap - Ranking points mean nothing to me.

I bought it from Amazon, £25. It's a quality controller, feels great in your hand.

As for the duck/bob/sway, you can do that in UFC 3. R1 and right stick in a direction. Strikes off the back of sways, bobs and weave generate alot more power due to the counter aspect.

I haven't had a Ranked Match yet Online as I don't like the default energy setting. It's bullshit. I play on Player Matches only, and create my own room with Simulated Energy settings. All I want is a good, fair scrap - Ranking points mean nothing to me.

K I prefered sim on demo also. Well at least maybe I can give you a game sometime. Do you always get a game when u set up a sim room or have to wait sometimes?

As for that pad reviews are a bit 50/50.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerA-Pro-...AK8E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333039845&sr=8-4

Its really much different to play game with 360 type pad vs ps3?

Also is limited edition worth it all u get is 4 xtra fighters I think?

Nick Diaz - Former Strikeforce Welterweight Champion, WEC and IFC Welterweight Champion
Phil Davis - Former NCAA Div. 1 wrestling champion with a lifetime record of 9-0
Jason Miller - "Mayhem" Miller is a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and hosts MTV reality show “Bully Beat down”
Brian Stann - Former WEC Light Heavyweight Champ and decorated Capt. in the US Marines

Its down to £20 now at The Hut, Zavvi and Amazon

£25 at Tesco and you get the contenders pack

Not sure why THQ decided to sell their license to EA, but OK. I don't like EA Sports MMA, only bought it for Fedor.

Undisputed can be such a great game at times. Good fun in local multi as well, it's a shame. Not to mention the fighting mechanics are much deeper and enjoyable than MMA and you actually feel in control, as opposed to just triggering the next canned animation.

well whos to say EA wont make a better game...ea mma was more like a beta..compared to ufc1 it aint bad at all..some things are better IMO such as the way damage regenerates and effect of legs/body/head damage on gameplay though similar in ufc3 also. It had limited moves but some were better IMO than ufc3 to pull off and also the submission system was much better. If they can improve on the weakpoints im sure it can be a great game...

Just got this for dirt cheap(25). The game is pretty solid with a huge roster. The submission cat and mouse game will take some getting used to though. Advanced sim is prob the best diff level.

Well Shopto are currently doing a sale on it for £9.85 :SMUG: Probably going to pick this next month after checking out some reviews.

I still play this every now and again with mates and still have great fights in it.

I'd definitely get it if your in to MMA as its a very good representation of it and once you get used to it you will have all different kinds of fights and see some amazing knock-outs when you start throwing combo's.

EA might make a better UFC game but this is good enough if not

Even if i wasn't in to MMA I'd try this, you may end up enjoying it and start watching it.

For under a tenner as well, cant go wrong.

For me it was a no-brainer since I'm a huge MMA fan. UFC 3 is up there as one of my top 3 fighting games of all time. There's so many diverse ways to win fights. It all depends on the matchup. I'm seeing KO's, TKO's, subs, and back and forth fights that go to decision. I don't pay the full price for games anymore. It's a waste a of money when you can just wait 3 months and get the game with a 50 or 60% discount.

For me it was a no-brainer since I'm a huge MMA fan. UFC 3 is up there as one of my top 3 fighting games of all time. There's so many diverse ways to win fights. It all depends on the matchup. I'm seeing KO's, TKO's, subs, and back and forth fights that go to decision. I don't pay the full price for games anymore. It's a waste a of money when you can just wait 3 months and get the game with a 50 or 60% discount.

The best fighting game I've ever played, by a long way. It's a brilliant, brilliant representation of the sport. When played on the right settings, i.e. Simulation Energy, and against people who are very well rounded, the game is almost limitless in it's options, tactics and strategies. For every action there is a counter-action, and the type of fights that can be produced are as good as you could ever hope them to be.

The game can be played in true simulation form, or, if you so wish, an arcade variant. Not many games out there cater for both as well as this does.

Back
Top Bottom