UFC 3

Nice KO

I think you can save replays now can't you? There's a setting that says record or something in the options. That will be amazing if you can

I hope career mode is better this time as well, it was a bit of a mess last time so i didn't play it properly

Yes you can Coopz, it's called Highlight Reel. It auto records your KO's, Knockdowns etc. You can then create a Montage of your favourite moments and upload them direct from the game for other players to view. You can record up to 2 minutes 30 seconds of total Highlight Reels.

Career Mode is much better this year on every level, it looks very deep indeed, with less faffing on. The 12 Training Games look well put together to. You can even attend Pride Tournaments once a year if invited during your UFC career.

Also, there is a Fighter Share option like Fight Night. So we can download anyones CAF and created fighters Online. Brilliant that. :TU:

Last edited:
You can block and sway to avoid the shots, then look to take block off and then Major Transistion (Half Circle on R/Stick). Alternatively, if he is postured up in the Mount (On your chest) press R1 and Major Transistion will sweep you to Half Guard Top. Another option is to grab hold of him, this is more risky if using the Catch Punch option which is push R3 in. If you time it right though, you will grab hold, then a Major Transistion will get you to Half Guard Bottom. Major Trans again to Full Guard, and once again to kick him off. On all levels below Expert, they wont reverse you for the most part.

ok im not sure how to do most these things but ill check the tutorial in the full game and then try...it just seemed to me when i was oon my back and he was on my chest and poundign me I had no chance!

ok im not sure how to do most these things but ill check the tutorial in the full game and then try...it just seemed to me when i was oon my back and he was on my chest and poundign me I had no chance!
if you having problem to transition you can use amateur control where you just flick the right stick up or down..but you won't be able to fake transition with it..

I've just tried again and what I see is mike goldberg tells you they're going to Bruce buffer for the judges decision.

He then says something like

"the judges score the match with a unanimous decision"... then he pauses for dramatical effect leaving you guessing 'who? who won?'

But the scores pop up at that same 'pause' moment spoiling it.

I take it its only my copy that does this then?

Any word on if they've fixed the career mode from last time? I remember reading lots of complaints on here about it and it actually stopped me buying the game.

ok ive been playing a lot of demo and find it gets quite repititive.

1. With full game is it more fun and has long term playability

2. Does it have good online gaming systme?

ok ive been playing a lot of demo and find it gets quite repititive.

1. With full game is it more fun and has long term playability

2. Does it have good online gaming systme?

1. Career Mode looks brilliant this year, so many new Training Modes and less messing about in between. You then have many other Modes, Event Mode being my personal favourite. We only have 4 fighters to play with at present, so different fighters with different styles will give you so much more. Also, learning the depth of the game, will change your view on this. If you havent played any of the UFC games before, then your barely even scratching the surface.

2. They have a purpose built Online Server this year, so they promise it will be lag-free. Playing 2-Player Online is where this game comes into it's own.

Last edited:
Online info......

ONLINE EXHIBITION - In Ranked Matches, players will select their fighters, referee and venue within UFC or PRIDE® Mode. In addition, they will have the option to generate a Quick Match for automated matchmaking, a Custom Match to search with specific settings or select Create Session to host a match. Once a fight is complete, players will proceed to the post-game statistics for rankings information. Ranked statistics will contribute to a player's Fighting Points grade and rank, as well as Fight Camp leaderboards.

EXHIBITION MATCHMAKING & FIGHTER POINTS - UFC Undisputed 3 will introduce new servers to significantly improve online matchmaking capabilities. Parameters will also be set on ranked matches to ensure fairness for leaderboard participants. The ranked settings are set to three rounds, while downloadable content and created fighters, mirror matches and camp fighting will be active during gameplay. In addition, Online Exhibition in UFC Undisputed 3 will introduce a new Fighter Points system. This system will enable players to compare ranks and show off their skill levels to see who is the ultimate champion.

HIGHLIGHT REELS - UFC Undisputed 3 will automatically save gameplay footage from fight rounds, up to the 50 most recent, enabling players to go back and watch them again. They will be able to save these videos to their Favorites and also cut clips from these fights to create a Highlight Reel. Highlight Reels may be also shared online so players can show off their accomplishments.

CONTENT CREATION & COMMUNITY SHARING - A community hub will allow players to upload their custom content, including created fighters, highlight reels and logo designs, and share the items with others from around the world. Once uploaded, anyone can download the content and use it within gameplay. A ratings system will allow players to rank each piece of shared content for others to review. In addition, players will also be able to download and review upcoming fight cards.

FIGHT CAMPS RETURN - Players may apply to join an existing camp or create their own, including selection of the camp's name, developing a camp ID for use in match lobbies and creating a camp banner to be displayed during matches. The Camp Menu will offer several options based on player rankings, including access to the camp's member list to monitor online status, option to view camp milestones and progress, as well as the ability to invite new camp members, accept applications and edit camp profile settings. In the gym, players will participate in free sparring with camp partners, play in unranked matches with camp members, compete in ranked matches outside of the camp and arrange chat sessions with up to four other players.

THQ claimed the have a purpose built online server for their WWE games this year too.... it came out last November and it's still a horrible broken mess that hardly ever works.
You can play online and connect to friends now and again... but even when it works it's still laggy, has frequent disconnections and the 'community creations' part hardly ever works. A total shambles.

Any word on if they've got protection from rage quitters online? I lost count of the number of cry babies that quit on me online the second I ko'd them or they saw their own fighter tapping out.

IGN Review
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218315p1.html
9/10

Last edited:
Career mode is a lot better this time but training is a little boring but i think if you stick at it you will learn alot about the game

Transitions are causing me a problems though. In the fights I'm OK but when it comes to flipping the tyres in a certain direction in training I'm all over the place and its pretty frustrating.

I had to lower the difficulty from expert as well because the guy i got stuck on just kept taking me down or pushing me against the cage which i couldn't counter due to my shit stats and patience which is massive now in this game. No more gung ho approach in this on sim mode or they will pick you apart especially on the ground

Great game so far but the test comes tonight with multiplayer :)

I'm struggling a lot when rocked/knocked down and the other guy is pounding away at me.

I've tried blocking the shots and the ref will just end the fight
ive tried dodging them and blocking them and again the ref stops the fight
ive tried moving the right stick to catch/grapple but it doesn't seem to do much and the ref ends the fight

what are you actually supposed to do?

I'm struggling a lot when rocked/knocked down and the other guy is pounding away at me.

I've tried blocking the shots and the ref will just end the fight
ive tried dodging them and blocking them and again the ref stops the fight
ive tried moving the right stick to catch/grapple but it doesn't seem to do much and the ref ends the fight

what are you actually supposed to do?

Put your guard up and sway, a few successful sways usually initiates the auto-grab. Alternatively, and this is more risky but has great rewards, is to time the press of R3 to catch him punch. This is alot easier from every other position bar Mount Top Posture Up. Once your mounted and he postures up though, then rocks you, its as good as over. In the game and real-life.

Anyone trying delayed transistions ? They work very well. Rotate the stick to only half the Transistion, pause, then complete the Tranisition. It's harder for both human and the CPU A.i to reverse. Also, as well as holding R1 and R2 for the Feint Modifier, try Strike Cancel. Throw a punch or kick then immediately cancel with R1. These can be used as great feints to set up punches, kicks, clinch and takedowns.

Last edited:
Put your guard up and sway, a few successful sways usually initiates the auto-grab. Alternatively, and this is more risky but has great rewards, is to time the press of R3 to catch him punch. This is alot easier from every other position bar Mount Top Posture Up. Once your mounted and he postures up though, then rocks you, its as good as over. In the game and real-life.

Anyone trying delayed transistions ? They work very well. Rotate the stick to only half the Transistion, pause, then complete the Tranisition. It's harder for both human and the CPU A.i to reverse. Also, as well as holding R1 and R2 for the Feint Modifier, try Strike Cancel. Throw a punch or kick then immediately cancel with R1. These can be used as great feints to set up punches, kicks, clinch and takedowns.

Are you able to take vids Jimmy? Would love to see the difference of watching one of your fights compared to my own.

Are you able to take vids Jimmy? Would love to see the difference of watching one of your fights compared to my own.

I plan on linking up the PVR that I bought my son for Christmas to record some fights. Hopefully I can get that sorted on Friday, I've took the day off work.

On a different note, I've booked up for a week in Vegas for the end of May. It's my mates Stag Do (He is also my Boss), so we are going to catch UFC 146 at the MGM Grand. The card is rumoured to be for the Heavyweight Title, so Dos Santos v Overeem and Cain v Mir for the Co-Main Event. I cant wait, it's been a couple of years since I was last in Vegas, and this will be the first UFC event I have caught there. :)

What the Submission System ?

If it is, I was just about to come to that. My copy arrives this afternoon, but I'm at work today, with tomorrow off to batter the hell out of it. :)

Anyway, back to the Sub System. I was a little concerned, as many were, about this 'Snake' type mini-game. My concern was that it would take the emphasis away from the action. I really don't have that concern now, and I find it a truly brilliant system that mimics how submissions actually work. Submissions in real-life are all about setting traps and baiting. Any slight space, mistake, can be pounced upon. There is a struggle, but it is technical, and I think they have this new system pretty much spot on.

The difference for me now, is that I don't look at the bars on the outside of the hexagon with my central vision, as that does detract from action, and you really need to see what's happening as the Sub gets locked in. I now only use my peripheral vision, that way, I can still focus on the action and animations as the camera pans in when the sub gets tight, whilst still being aware of what's happening on the outer hexagon. It's so much better this way, and I guess that was the whole philosophy about it in the first place.

It's so much better than just spinning the right stick like before, or button-mashing as it was before that, which was abused by Turbo-Controllers and Auto-Fire.

Server issues aside, I'm hearing (or reading) some good things about this game still. Lot of people really enjoying career mode and exhibitions.

This one quote really made me smile though, such a good feature to have.

I love the info your corner gives you between rounds. I had finished a round going for a submission and I went back to have them let me know my opponent has a high submission defense so I probably wouldn't be able to finish him that way, and to try something else. Not a huge feature but it's really cool to see they recognize what you do in a round and can give you actual strategies for the fight.

I witnessed the Announcer and Scorecard issue you mentioned last night for the first time Rad. The only fights that had gone to decision on the Demo had been Split Decisions, and they work as they should. I guess, the only way not to see, and keep the suspense, is look away from the screen and just listen. :)

I started a career yesterday on Advanced with Anthony Pettis, I'm currently 17-4 and in the UFC. It's very hard though, my stats are around the 70's, but I have excellent submissions, and a Level 3 Triangle from Butterfly Guard. Just like Pettis.

I've learnt so much more, and I'm amazed by these new Submission Reversals, absolutely class new addition, as are the Sweeps for the Jits guys. :TU:

Last edited:
Im having problem in career i done quite few seasons and stats ended up 20 wins 10 losses (i retired after) i think i went for big time to early.

I always seem to lose out on submissions and full mount any tips and strategy for career?

Played this solidly last night with a mate for over 4 hours, It doesnae half get the adrenaline pumping (Think PES on PS2)...when your finishing your opponent off you actually feel like getting up to start punching cunts yourself.

I witnessed the Announcer and Scorecard issue you mentioned last night for the first time Rad. The only fights that had gone to decision on the Demo had been Split Decisions, and they work as they should. I guess, the only way not to see, and keep the suspense, is look away from the screen and just listen. :)

I stated a career yesterday on Advanced with Anthony Pettis, I'm currently 17-4 and in the UFC. It's very hard though, my stats are around the 70's, but I have excellent submissions, and a Level 3 Triangle from Butterfly Guard. Just like Pettis.

I've learnt so much more, and I'm amazed by these new Submission Reversals, absolutely class new addition, as are the Sweeps for the Jits guys. :TU:

How do you do submission reversals?

I'm loving the stand up. On the previous games i didn't use the jab at all (dunno why) but now its my most used weapon and i rarely use power punches/kicks. Fights look so much more realistic and the combos I'm throwing look amazing. Even just a simple left jab, left jab, right jab, and left hook/low kick/body shot to finish look great and the good thing is you can always mix it up and jabs don't use up no way near as much stamina as power shots do.

edit: Ive just watched the SIlva vs Rampage and Sapp vs Severn video and that pretty much sums up how i used to play regarding stand up and how you see most people play. Constant power punches/kicks, if you don't use jabs try them and see how much better fights become and how much more realistic it looks.

One thing i don't do much and i need to work on is ground and pound from the guard, i just seem to want to posture up and use power shots or transition to a better position rather than pepper them a little.

Once a certain thing clicks in this you really do appreciate how good it is. If you cant get used to it just stick with because when you do you will love it. Start with the stand up and go from there and it will all eventually fall into place and you will be having some fantastic fights :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom