UEFA Euro 2008

i just noticed that the keeper level also change when u swicth the game level(semi-pro , pro, legend)
i played a couple of macthes on semi-pro and the keepers behaved a lot more realistic...i could evan score a low outside the box shot...unfortnatly semi-pro is realy easy...

now i hope we could at lease change the AI level when playing online...i cant stand the super human GKs anymore..ive been playing quite much online recently and i have yet to see a diferent kind of goal...80% are low crosses into the box, 15% are 1 on 1 and 5% are headers...

i got to play against some pretty good players..and u could notice that they just didnt attempt any outside the box shoots, becasue its barely impossible to score...thats not football for me...

on manual or semi shooting you can score goals from outside the box, i also think that the game with all manual settings is the best football simulation so far, but only with manual settings, i play with my friends this way and the games are awesome, very different from online games where people play on automatic crosses and passing and every play and cross is perfect, the game becomes only a racing to the wing to make the cross... too bad...

on manual or semi shooting you can score goals from outside the box, i also think that the game with all manual settings is the best football simulation so far, but only with manual settings, i play with my friends this way and the games are awesome, very different from online games where people play on automatic crosses and passing and every play and cross is perfect, the game becomes only a racing to the wing to make the cross... too bad...

Totally agree... i play with all manual controls and the game is fantastic... a perfect simulation... i have a PS3 Euro 2008 Manual Clan... if you are interested contact me...

Totally agree... i play with all manual controls and the game is fantastic... a perfect simulation... i have a PS3 Euro 2008 Manual Clan... if you are interested contact me...
I find due to the lack of directions available to us (fuck sake EA!!) I find Manual passing to be very very fickle and annoying! it hardly ever goes to where I want it to or the CPU reads it amazingly well and takes the ball off of me...

I find due to the lack of directions available to us (fuck sake EA!!) I find Manual passing to be very very fickle and annoying! it hardly ever goes to where I want it to or the CPU reads it amazingly well and takes the ball off of me...

Versus CPU is very very frustrating... uman vs uman with manual settings is another game...

that would be great, mate! unfortunely i have a xb360 and not a ps3 :(

I hope EA have actually watched Euro and will realize how overrated France is... and do something about it FFS.

If they were rated properly there would be no unfair teams in the game and it would sort out one of the biggest online problems

I just recently got the game and I'd like to point some things out(which may have already been pointed by the way:-pp)
First of all I am a total noob at next gen gaming as I just purchased my 360.I haven't played FIFA or any other next gen footie game so I was really(I mean REALLY) excited with the animation,physics,gameplay and so on.I have everything on manual right from the start so sometimes I can't even string 3 passes together,or I may hit the corner flag when I am one on one with the keeper but i'm enjoying it very much.

The only "problem" I have is with the random online people.I mean okay mate choose France,Spain,France,Italy,France or whatever but try to play football for christs sake.
The whole "full bar pass to Villa/Henry/Klose-runrunrun-cutback pass-shot in the empty net" is really frustrating and I really feel like I'm playing the same person all the time.I choose Norway or Croatia most of the times and I play better football than these folks!(ok at least i try to:-pp)
And whats with the trick stick abuse when they are 3 or 4 nil up?I mean I dont have a problem with showboating or something but having those people do the same thing over and over until they are winning and then trying to be flashy is really stupid imo.

The thing is that the game has potential for great matches if played correctly and most of the people ruin it.I mean where's the joy at doing the same thing all the time??
So if anybody from here likes to play the game fair and nice,I would be glad to play you some time(even though i am a noob,i already said that didnt I?:-pp)
I really don't mind if I lose 3/4/5/37458-nil to a guy who played the game right and is superior than me,it's just those "OMG i pwnd j00 wit mai kutbacksssss!!!!11" gamers that annoy me:-pp.So feel free to add me people(and rape me:-pp)

Last edited:
ok i had my first thrashing last night, and saw all the bugs you guys see, haha, but it has only happend once, i think this game would be fine against like minded ballers, but people who use the exploits well, can and wil, and that sucks..

As long as they get the snow right, it should be fairly rare, unless your playing in a northerly league... As for the weather they have to make it effect the game play realistically or it's just a graphic tweak..

The more I watch Euro 2008, the more I realise the guys behind the game did their homework. The keepers are parrying everything, there's been loads of shots punched literally half-way up the pitch!

Nobody's parried straight onto the foot of an opposition striker so far though, that's the only thing...

True, mostly due the new balls being some sort of a f. bullets.

I regrets the days were the balls weren't so high tech and u actually had to hit them clean to get a good shot out of it, like in the old days in tennis with wooden racquets. Most of these players wouldn't be able to put a cross in with old school balls.

I just wish it was 5% faster, a tad more responsive with greater control of your keeper.

There is a certain lack of weight to the players and ball for some reason, everything seems a bit lightweight in the passing and shooting department.

The little touches that are being added for 09 will enhance the experience but i want to feel like I am control more than i feel I am with Euro/08 the shooting especially seems to lack those awsome "well" hit shots, those real sweet spot moments are what is needed when the ball is played.

Free kicks need some mega serious attention aswell as corners and throw-ins.They are a pot luck affair,no skill at all.

Bring back a proper training facility to practise free kicks, skills, offside traps, defending, attacking etc.It was a real buzz taking what you have mastered on the trainning pitch to the match in PES.I dont particularly feel anything for the arena facility.

Slim the players down a tad, they seem a bit top heavy and generally around a stone overweight.

Looking forward to seeing the subs and coaches on the bench, hopefully they will be animated, ref and lino also a good addition, just adds to the overall atmosphere.

Make the real big games more atmospheric with wild bench/crowd celebrations for late/important goals.

I hate the instant replays on euro 08 the ball seems to spring out into the pitch, looks odd.Show the ball hitting the net and rolling out while your player screams off to celebrate.

Just hope its going to be better than the last two.

I regrets the days were the balls weren't so high tech and u actually had to hit them clean to get a good shot out of them...like in the old days...with old school balls.

I find gently rubbing mine for a while produces a good enough shot.

Cue the FA Cup Final being played in Rome in May on a snowy pitch. This is EA, after all.

ha yeah well we can always hope they fix bug (id love to have day and night games in a season not have to go into the regular game options to change it, and also games on more realistic days ie premier league games played on sat and sundays but many during the week towards the end of the season and holidays)

I just wish it was 5% faster
Free kicks need some mega serious attention aswell as corners and throw-ins.They are a pot luck affair,no skill at all.
Faster?! Euro is just a touch too fast already imo. And I disagree about free kicks, I think there is a skill to them, same as PES used to be, corners to an extent, if you look where a big man is in the box you can usually aim towards him and get a decent header in. Throw ins however, are a complete fucking waste of time. Opponent gets the ball off you instantly all the time online, stupid.

This game is awesome if you play it the right way with your friends. I never play people I don't know. If my friends can' play, I don't play. That's it. And it showed to be a great policy, because I really enjoy playing the game online with people who, like me, try to build up, look for nice passes and teamplay. Of course, all manual except passing at semi.

We play with fixed teams. I play Belgium and after a lot of matches, I've found a great countertactic against England (who is played by a friend). I play very deep 4-3-1-2 but very offensive when I have the ball. I found that I had a very fast player, Van den Borre, who can actually protect the ball and run the wing. He's a right back but I use him in front. He's not a great finisher nor a decent shooter, but he's receiving a lot of long passes and causing havok in england's defense.

So, now my friend has found a sort of counter to my countertactic, and he plays ashley cole man-defending van de Borre and plays Walcot as striker, using him to reach high though balls and holding the ball until 2nd line players arrive. When I have the ball, he doesn't press until I have advanced my team considerably, thus making it harder for me to play quick counters. And at the end of the day, tactics (even though there are not many options) and player attributes really have a great impact in the game.

I say again, this game is great when played like that. Really great. My only problem with it is the low reactions and awareness of defenders, specially inside the box!

Throw ins, if you press LB you actually take control of the player on the pitch so you can run around and actually get throw ins in without them being stolen. Another good strategy is if they cover you well while doing this, press lb and quickly throw to a different player after running your other player to a different area. Sorry if you already knew this :)

Yeah I often use that if I'm being marked closely, and for throw ins near the box I make my big forward stand near the keeper, long throw to him, then using through pass button he'll do a through pass header to another forward for a simple tap in :)

One thing they need to fix in Fifa09 is a. forwards should never ever take throw ins and b. if you have players with long throw trait shouldn't they actually take throws by default? Or at least let us choose who the throw in taker is.....

Can you guys save a "Commentary name" for a created player? It always switch back to "NO NAME" for me. I would appreciate if someone could look this up by going in to Edit Player and test it. Pretty annoying that it doesn't work when your last name is in the list and all... Everything I change on a player get saved but the Commentary name.

Anyone having problems with online on this (ps3 version)?

I was playing in the knockout cup - won - but now i can't select next match. The screen that shows the results of previous rounds has no flags in it and if i try to go to next match the game just hangs.

If i try to play even a quick online match now it does the same.

I can still get to the online leaderboards etc so i don't know what the problem is.

Very frustrating

Back
Top Bottom