1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

UEFA Euro 2008 France Italy

Discussion in 'Football' started by Himawari, 6 September 2006.

1. Himawari

Himawari Far from home

3 March 2006
    Philly, PA
    A.S. Roma
    Who else saw this game? It was sad to see the Azzurri still not playing up to where they should be... but that can only be expected with injury and fatigue (along with a suspension). The French played a good game, don't get me wrong. But i'm gobsmacked to see some of the responces from them, Domenech's comment about playing "a near perfect match" also seemed a bit of a stretch.

The French beat a team that is still in recovery, from a country who's players are not yet in full form due to the fact that their domestic leauge (can't wait XD) has not yet started. I'm not complaining about the loss, I would perfectly see the Italian side not making it into the EURO '08 tournament after winning the World Cup, but the french seem to be bragging about kicking a man when its down. We (the italians) beat them with Zidane on their side, when they were at the top of their game, the italian's have lost nothing in this match.

2. scratch-br

scratch-br Mr. Scratcher

14 December 2004
    Montpellier
    The ref helped France a little on the first half...
    First goal is offside, Penalty not given for Italy...

Second half was a one-sided game. France really a level above Italy.
    3x1 well deserved if we look at this second half.

3. SPiTFiRE

SPiTFiRE Eusébio forever

6 April 2004
    SL Benfica
    Tipical from France... :roll:

4. 14Run

14Run Non-League

6 November 2005
    MHSC
    who ? where ? when ? :shock:

5. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Lets just end the argument. France outplayed us, and deserved it. We were hesitant and our tactics were disorganized.

6. bebo

bebo Looking for a Manager

25 July 2005
    Arsenal Thread
    The Arsenal FC
    :applause: well done france

7. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    On the hype train
    Cunturipa!
    I should say that they've been truly a level above. congrats, France!!

Let's hope we can manage to get our next matches right, or we'll be seriously in trouble..
    Ukraine isn't definitely a weak side..

8. tuta

tuta Marseillais

21 November 2004
    France
    Marseille
    I know Italy wasn't well prepared but I also think it was near perfect. 2-0 after 20 minutes, a goal conceeded on FK, a great keeper, great goals, great tackles, great fighting spirit, great ref ;) (and not for the fake Pk). It's hard to do a more complete match. But I'm sure it won't be the same in Italy against a more complete and prepared team.

Yes, but today, they lost 3 pts and that's what really counts now.

Last edited: 7 September 2006
  9. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    On the hype train
    Cunturipa!
    unfortunately I have 2 agree.. let's see what happens during the 2nd leg then, here in Italy..

10. Rocky

Rocky League 1

11 May 2005
    Ya we played like shite. The ref sucked though.

11. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    Italians can't speak bout preparation, Domenech says Vieira play in Italy and very strong yesterday and i don't speak about Govou who play only 1 game with the CFA of Lyon !

12. nt89

nt89 OUR WORK IS NEVER OVER

14 February 2005
    L'Aquila (Italy)
    FC Juventus
    from when donad*ni came i don't watch italy games no more...
    altra cazzata di rossi :S

anyway it doesn't matter, the world champion are us

13. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Yes, Donadoni isn't the best choice. Hes been a coach for 4 years, Genoa and Livorno... hardly World Class (no offence to their fans), and he lacks any experience. Why did Lippi go:(?

14. nt89

14 February 2005
    L'Aquila (Italy)
    FC Juventus
    i want Arsene Lupin Wenger :D lol

15. SPiTFiRE

SPiTFiRE Eusébio forever

6 April 2004
    SL Benfica
    Where's Lippi? :shock:

16. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    He quit after the WC, saying he had achieved what he signed up for.

I can't think of any good Italians now, but possibly Franco Baresi:D

17. nt89

14 February 2005
    L'Aquila (Italy)
    FC Juventus
    alè franco baresi, il ladro di quadri :S di male in peggio, facciamo nomi pls

18. hubneo

hubneo League 1

23 November 2003
    Kill Nougaro
    is it true there is a clash beetween the coach and some players (ita)?

19. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    I wouldn't be surprised... the players probably realize Donadoni isnt very good.

20. nt89

14 February 2005
    L'Aquila (Italy)
    FC Juventus
    del piero, totti, toni & camoranesi

21. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Weren't called up, but not due to some conflict :rolleyes:.

22. nt89

14 February 2005
    L'Aquila (Italy)
    FC Juventus
    no mate, totti is in a war against him, and del piero is actually the best italian forward for his form, toni is 100 times better than bonazzoli, and camoranesi.. we must call semioli ?!?

23. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Totti is not in a war against him. Del Piero, Camoranesi and Toni weren't fit at the time due to long vacations.

24. ALAIN

ALAIN blue!!!!

22 February 2005
    france
    chelsea fc,psg
    Without take off the credits to France(who played a very good game)Italia missed too many players!!!CaMORAnesi,totti,del piero,lucas toni,nesta,materazzi(until today i don't know why he was banned??:roll: )
    so let's imagine France without ribery,viera,henry,and gallas or thuram...
    would be the same France??

25. rateddave

rateddave French guitarist

24 June 2006
    Eastern France
    As Nancy Lorraine
    Italy had not beat France in the Final Cup. 1-1 is a draw. Zidane had a red card so we were 10. Italy won at the penalties.

Ya talk about lack of preparation, but Viera is Interist, and Govou (who scored 2 goals) plays with CFA (Amateur).

And Zidane was not our strenght (he was a piece of our strenght), but Wednesday, France demonstrated a collective strenght.

Last edited: 8 September 2006
  26. nt89

14 February 2005
    L'Aquila (Italy)
    FC Juventus
    who is the world champion ?
    maybe you forgot.. can you remember me who is ?

27. ALAIN

ALAIN blue!!!!

22 February 2005
    france
    chelsea fc,psg

C'mon how can you compare ??viera and govou ok have not played yet but it's only two playerS!!!Italia have 9 players who haven't begun The championship!!only zambrotta and cannavaro haVE played so far!!!

but don't get me wrong france was stronger

Last edited: 8 September 2006
  28. Alucard

Alucard Guest

I think if Lippi was still in charge, it would have been a different story. Their new manager is crap and should be sacked before he makes permenant damage by not reaching Euro 2008 tournament

29. bebo

bebo Looking for a Manager

25 July 2005
    Arsenal Thread
    The Arsenal FC
    France or Italy have a chance to win the Euro2008,but so does any one else Greece:)

30. juveboy

juveboy Juve con te!

3 January 2003
    Torino
    Juventus
    Lippi stept down beacuse he acheived the ultimate goal, "COPPA DEL MONDO" that aside, Guido Rossi & other FIGC accomplices wanted him out prior to the WC starting due to the whole calciopoli scandal but what baffles me is how he has been offered a supervisory role in coaching the NT, what hypocrisy. In regards to Donadoni, I have to agree with what Milanista has said, the guy has no real experience and should have never been given the job in the first place. His calls for Totti are pathetic, how can 1 player qualify us for the euros, the players need to be together and the France game showed a lack of togetherness and fitness. IMO DONUT OUT!!!!

Forza Lippi!!