UEFA Euro 2008 – real player names for unlicensed teams

Yo Foxtrot,

Sorry man, I've been trying for the last few days over and over and I can't work out how to do it. I put my USB pen in the drive, select your file, say "copy" and then start the game, (this is after deleting my "squads 1" file). I then go to "load squad" and it won't do it. What am I doing wrong?

Yo Foxtrot,

Sorry man, I've been trying for the last few days over and over and I can't work out how to do it. I put my USB pen in the drive, select your file, say "copy" and then start the game, (this is after deleting my "squads 1" file). I then go to "load squad" and it won't do it. What am I doing wrong?

All you need to do is:

1. Unzip the file you've downloaded
  2. Copy the unzipped PS3 folder to a USB pen drive
  3. On your PS3, go to "Saved Data Utility" and delete the "SQUADS 1" file
  4. Insert your USB pen drive in the PS3
  5. In the "Saved Data Utility", navigate to your USB drive
  6. Choose the "SQUADS 1" file and press :triangle:
  7. Then choose "Copy"
That's it.

Sorry I couldn't resist ;)

It's possible to copy one folder or I guess one or more files from the HDD to PC when connected via SATA cable, the question is whether or not that save is directly tied to the Xbox live name as many believe.

Is there anybody who can convert PAL squad file to NTSC ??
I really want to apply.. but I don't have any idea...

i have a PAL game mate so im crisp blud ya get. sorted to the max. can i use this bang for shizzle update online? safe blud

Hey foxtrot if I upload my NTSC option file could you cut and paste your changes? I'm sure it's just a matter of saving the hexedited file and importing it over the top.

Don't think it works online, because there's a separate online squads file

EDIT: My NTSC file - http://www.speedyshare.com/745308729.html

Last edited:
All you need to do is:

1. Unzip the file you've downloaded
  2. Copy the unzipped PS3 folder to a USB pen drive
  3. On your PS3, go to "Saved Data Utility" and delete the "SQUADS 1" file
  4. Insert your USB pen drive in the PS3
  5. In the "Saved Data Utility", navigate to your USB drive
  6. Choose the "SQUADS 1" file and press :triangle:
  7. Then choose "Copy"
That's it.

Hi foxtrot.
I really appreciate what you're doing but I cant seem to upload the file on to my PS3. First time I downloaded the file, I tried opening the PARAM.SFO and PARAM.PFD files with both Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint. But after unzipping the file, uploading it to a USB pen drive, placing in into my PS3, going to Saved Data Utilities, and opening it only to have it say, no files found, I can't get it to work. I am currently in Australia, so if you can help me fix the problem, many thanks in advance.

HI all.

I can't seem to be able to download the squad files as when i do the data seems to be corrupted?

Any ideas why?

Does anybody have a NTSC version of the edited and updated squads file? Nobody seems to know how to convert foxtrot's version but I was wondering if anybody edited one from scratch on a North America (NTSC) PS3.

hello!
ive to manualy change the names or theres anyway to apply the .doc file?

if not, someone could ulpload the "my squads" file with the changes?

thanks.
(btw, ive the pc version)

I have a question ...

I have 2 profiles on Xbox 360, one which can enter in Xbox Live and another that just to play offline, I would transfer the updated squads that I downloaded in online profile to the another one. Is it possible ?

Hello!
here is one missing player for Lithuania squad:

7 Saulius Mikoliunas

he is midfielder from Hearts of Midliothian-Scotland

i`ve made a squad file for XBOX360.
all 16 sqauds with wrong names have now correct names except a few players from Georgia,whose names are too long.
most of Euro 2008 players have now the number,which they are wearing in tournament.
the team Netherlands squad i`ve edited "my way"-before i`ve changed the names,i`ve taken a look to the faces-so that some of Dutch players a looking a liitle bit like the real players.
I`ve changed the dates of birth only for team Netherlands.
where can I upload this file if there are people here who are interested in ?

Version 2.0 will be released when the tournament starts and will be adapted to the latest squad update file.

Is this going to be released? It would be the complete package, because Foxtrot's squad file has got real names for Dutch & Serbian players and EA's update has Kazim Kazim, Larsson, Cazorla etc.

Good day everybody!

Great job you did over there, I can trully help with the Georgian squad which one is totally disactualized.

By the way I was trying to apply the file on the Euro 2008 on PS3 and isn't working, I have been following the steps you told me and... still... it doesn't works...

Who else has the same problem? Can anyone help me please?

Thanks a lot!

Cool, thanks. It seems like you can't edit the SYS file with the player names now that EA Updated it.

For instance if I change Hliev to Hleb and then save the file it seems to corrupt other teams (e.g. England and Russia have a load of blank players in their squad).

It's a bit annoying because so far as I can tell the only way to overwrite the length limit on a surname (e.g. going Dragutinovic instead of Dragutinovi_) is via hex editing.

Also it means you can't put in the special characters like Žigić, Stanković, Kežman etc

Could you plz re-upload this file or the updated 2.0 version if possible? Thx in advance.

ICON0.PNG

foxtrot's UEFA EURO 2008 Squad File 1.0 (PS3 PAL)

Version 1.0 contains:
  • 100% real player names and correct birthdays
  • Fixed spelling mistakes (where accented letters were missing for existing players)
  • Fixed positions for some players

Download 271KB

Version 2.0 will be released when the tournament starts and will be adapted to the latest squad update file.

FINISHED at ALL: Edited db file, 15 unlicensed teams. Then copy to 'UEFA EURO 2008\data\cmn'
Code:
mediafire.com/file/ip0n9hobdq31xjq/UEFA2k8-realName.7z/file
(Editor by DBM08, Infor-data from Worldfootball Net). Just for PC/PS2 version !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom