UEFA Champion's League 08/09 - discussion thread

Firstly congrats to Barca (Again) but some of you lot are talking rubbish, This wasn't a victory for football because both teams play beautiful football just on last nights showing Barca out performed us. Another thing is Messi is a great player but he didn't have a good game IMO I thought Ronaldo looked much more up for it then he did but never got the same help from his team mates that Messi did.

I personally think Iniesta is the Best in the world. He performed THAT good after a injury which nearly cost him making the final. Xavi was amazing along with him who totally ran the show. Overall Barca are the better team right now but im sure we'll be back next season even hungrier :))

Yeah, I was a bit gutted when Messi scored just because it meant all of those looking for a simple headline could say he was the outstanding player - wasn't even remotely true. I was convinced he hadn't touched the ball in teh second half for 20 minutes before that header, and rarely did anything but run into blind alleys in the first half, albeit with great close control.

Iniesta ran the show with Xavi.

Barca absolutely deserved their win, and played extremely well, really showed off posession football. United were rubbish, but when you take their best two players and stick them out of position (Rooney/Ronaldo) then take their second two best players and sit them (Tevez/Berbatov) what did SAF really expect? Dissapointed at Fergie's cowardice.

Also no idea what the guy complaining about Ronaldo not getting booked enough is on about. Seriously? Puyol should have had at least one or two yellows for simulation, the guy was making Drogba look manly. Loved when he got caught out of position trying to nip in ahead of VDS, tried to get United to put the ball out by faking, then realised he was screwed, got up and sprinted the length of the pitch. That stuff really needs to be addressed, watching with non-footballing fans they just couldn't believe how sad an 'athelete' and how unsporting that is. Pathetic, the only real sour note from a very admirable Barcelona side.

I'm sure had Manchester United gomne 1-0 infront they would have tried to shut up shop and do a Chelsea.

But luckily Barca scored first and played a perfect exhibition of passing football.

Iniesta was superb . Messi was relatively quiet .He needed to be played on the right and have a target to run off and return from the right midfield or wing.

But it was a superbly taken header.

The midfield was as slick as Brazil in 1982 with Socrates and France in 82.86 with Giresse,Platini,Bossis and Tigana and Argentina in 06 with Roman et al.

Well done Barca. :APPLAUD:

great players pop up with key contributions without having to impose themselves for the whole 90min

victory for football indeed! barcaaa

Bella zio!! Long time no speak.. How are things going?

You're right indeed.
I wasn't thinking at a "deeper meaning" like a morale..
But what the hell, I can't watch a football match without having to cheer for a team or for another.. And doesn't matter if it's Milan or Barça or Vidalengo.. And this is why I'm really happy today about Barça's win..

bella Ale! things are going great ;)
i see your point. but i have to say it's also nice to watch a match from a neutral perspective. it's pretty realxing and plus, no matter what happens, u can't be disappointed by the result :))
and btw Forza Vidalengo!!! :APPLAUD::P

Very classy Guardiola. Dedicating the victory to Maldini and inviting Carlo Mazzone as his special guest to the final.
i bet good old carletto was in tears when pep invited him :))

True, everyone says how Xavi and Andres ran the show and played better than Messi. That's true, but look at it from another angle. They ran the show ... so maybe they were simply too good and it's not Messi's fault he has such great players that do everything. Besides, let's not forget every team's goal is to first anihilate Messi. So when the ball gets to him two-three players immediately circle him.

I'm just saying let's look at it from both sides. Also remember Ronaldinho in 2007, Kaka in 2008. They were not only better read by coaches, but complained that other players took turns in fouling them. It's not that easy...

Ronaldo is a cunt. He tried so much to show-off in his duel against Messi that his team suffered. Watch the game again and whenever he's got the ball notice: 1. he shoots or try to dribble, 2. look at his teammates getting into space and then being disappointed because 'pretty-boy' tries to shoot from 30m instead of passing...

I hated him ever since i heard him speak. HOW do you live 3-4-5 years in the UK and can't articulate more than "Barcelona is drim-team ... but we drim-team too. They play well, Light is not on Messi and me. We hope win trophy." DUDE,WTF?? I was surprised he could even utter "Messi". I'm pretty sure he can't write. (it?) :))

Back
Top Bottom