UEFA Champion's League 08/09 - discussion thread

Roma final ball

811130_biglandscape.jpg

It sure looks pretty, but I'm a fan of mostly white balls.
Nothing beats the good old Nike Tiempo or Derbystar :P

(Did I just say I'm a fan of balls!?)

Nothing tops the good old classic Adidas Tango. By the way, this one has to be the ball Messi will kiss at the end of the Champions League final!!!

I hope we get Pool.

I don't want any of the English teams. It's just boring now. It's the Champions League, it's supposed to be the best of Europe.

Hope to get Villarreal/Porto now, Bayern in the semis, and Barcelona in the final.

For the sake of the rest of the teams I think it's better that the English teams all draw each other so there's only 2 left in the next round.

UEFA Champions League Draw

Villareal vs. Arsenal

Manchester United vs. FC Porto

Liverpool vs. Chelsea

FC Barcelona vs. Bayern Munchen

Nunca imaginei o meu FCP a dar o baile de futebol que dê ao Manchester United. Felicito toda a equipa por este magnifico jogo. Agora no Dragão basta empatar 0-0 ou 1-1 e estamos lá, embora o jogo no Dragão não vá ser nada fácil.

Fiquem Bem.

English Translation of my post:

I never imagined to watch my FCP to show to Manchester United what's it's like to play football. I congratulate the all team for the fantastic game. And now at Dragão we just need an 0-0 or an 1-1, and we can dream with the final, althought the game at the Dragão will not be easier.

Stay Cool.

bayern got much problem tonight in barcelona...

Lahm, Lucio, Van Buyten an Klose are out for the game

The defence will be:

Lell - Demichelis - Breno - Oddo

omg... if barca will not win, it will be a shame for spanish football.

Liverpool finally got what they deserved. Yet, there were lucky even today as they could have lost at least by 4 goals and not only by 2.

Barça did what they usually do this season: demolish the opponent in the first 40 minutes. And it could have been way way way worse for Bayern. The round is not finished yet, we have to go to Munich and play well and fight to earn our way to Roma.

Liverpool has a hard job to do in London. Hope they have more luck there than in Anfield.

Barça gave a lesson of football in the first half.. efficient and beautiful play.. unfortnantly the team came for the 2nd half just to keep the result, cuz it really could be a 7x0, 8x0 or even worst..

what a little god Messi is, whenever he has the ball the commentator says "It's him again" and he really is number one in the world. Henry and Eto were very good and the defense was excellent.

I also watched Liverpool v Chelsea, Gerrard was so silent in this game and I believe that's why they struggled. Riera was useless last night, and Dossena was abysmal!

Are there any doubts that Messi is the best player in the world ???
I don't think so.
The difference with Cr. Ronaldo is huge...Messi is always at his best in big matches, Ronaldo rarely. And on top of that Messi is fair.

I hate when referees think that a "possibly penalty" situation must end with a penalty given or a card for the striker. That's silly. Yesterday, for instance, there was a clear penalty to Messi and the ref showed him a card.

It's infuriating, because there is contact and the player didn't dive (Messi usually never dives, instead, he raises up again if he can and goes on). I don't understand why in these situations the 4th ref can't see the video feed and help the main ref. It would be too easy. It would end up with divers and unfair yellow cards to strikers!

Some months ago a player of Osasuna was sent off at Bernabeu because of two yellow cards in two clear penalties done to him. That is hilarious.

Couldn't they make with football something similar to tennis, with the hawkeye? So a team could have 3 chances of using the video replay in critical situations when the play has stopped? It would add some additional show wouldn't it?

Thinking on the champions again, I would prefer Barcelona to play Liverpool as I think Chelsea is too good at dead ball situations and free kicks, which is the main weakness of barcelona, though Torres and Benitez have always been a pain in the ass for us!

drekkard said:
I don't understand why in these situations the 4th ref can't see the video feed and help the main ref. It would be too easy. It would end up with divers and unfair yellow cards to strikers!
Amen to that!

I agree wit drekkard, Messi sould have got a penalty and certainly not a yellow card.
On the other hand, diving players should be punished.

Back
Top Bottom