UEFA Champions League '06 - '07 Final: Liverpool - AC Milan

Re: UEFA Champions League 2006-2007

Manú, Rui Costa, Simão, Léo, Paulo Jorge, Karagounis Katsouranis, Kikin Fonseca, Nuno Gomes, Moreira, Luisão, Nélson... we're back to the champions league for kick some ass' again! :mryellow:

A great goal a great blast another magical game! :D

:applause: RUI COSTA.

seeing Seedorf with #10 shirt just makes me sick.. :(

btw.. MILAN, GO FOR ATHENS!!

FORZA, RICONQUISTIAMOLA!!

Oh guys... God bless Rui Costa! :D Benfica is there to an even better Champions League participation than last year's one! :D

I believe.

Good to see Hamburger through, Id much rather see them play in the CL than Osasuna.

Osasuna - Hamburg wasnt a great game by any means, but it sure was exciting! When Webo missed that huge chance on 2-1 in ET i was literally screaming at the TV lol :D

Im glad Hamburg made it though, now Rafael and Nigel can play in the CL again where they belong, maybe we will even draw them in our group :)

Big Boss said:
Im glad Hamburg made it though, now Rafael and Nigel can play in the CL again where they belong, maybe we will even draw them in our group :)
I'm glad too for Paolo Guerrero, hehehe.

They were just showing Spartak vs Spanlan (sp?) on Eurosport just now.

They'll also be showing Ajax vs Kophagen (sp?) at 7:45pm today.

Slovan, Stringer, not Spanlan. :lol: Spartak is in ECL, CSKA is 90% too.

Finally, the return of the mighty Spartak... I rememember the days of Titov and Bestchasnykh (coolest name ever).

Anyone watching the Ajax v Kopenhagen game? Not been the greatsest of games though not a bad one. its 3-2 on Agg to Kopenhagen with an og.

I watching it.

Ajax 0-2 FCK. (2-3) Ajax was very close! to goal there..

Its a good game!

Since the goal it has been a very exciting game. I cant believe the striker for Kopenhagen dived when he pretty much had a clear goal.

No, i dont belive it. Idiot!

I wanna see a Nordic team in CL, after my team lost against Mlada Boleslav.

Yes!!!!!! Go FCK!!!!

Congratulation every FCK FANS!! I wish it was me. :'(

Fener - Dynamo looked like a cracking game. I've seen some highlights and Appiah was immense. 2 great goals from Fener as well.

Dynamo Kyiv wins 5-3 on agg, the game ended 2-2.

And Arsenal - Dinamo Zagreb ended 2-1 (5-1 agg) and it was really undeserved. The pass for Flamini's goal came from Theoooooooooooo!!!

Ole!!!!Ole!!!After 10 years finally STEAUA BUCHAREST qualified for UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUPS!!!!Last year we mised in minit 90 the uefa cup final, 2 years ago rosemborg beated us wit 3-2 in the 3rd round on uefa champions leagua!STEAUA THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ALL ROMANIA IS CELEBRATING!!!!!!!!!!

I think theres a good chance another underdog team could win the CL this season. The demise of the Italian teams will add spice to the competition. No more Juve getting beat in the latter stages by English teams ;)

Draw procedure announced

UEFA has confirmed the draw procedure for the group stage of the 2006/07 UEFA Champions League, which will take place from 18.00CET at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco.

Coefficient ranking

The 32 teams will be placed in four pots in accordance with their UEFA coefficient ranking. Pot 1 will comprise last season's winners FC Barcelona and the top seven ranked clubs, Pot 2 the next eight and so on for Pots 3 and 4. The sides are therefore divided into eight groups of four. Each team will play three matches on Tuesday and three on Wednesday.

Pairings

If two sides from the same association qualify, they will be paired to split their matches between Tuesday and Wednesday, so one club will always play at home on one day and the other will play away on the other day. In the case of associations with three representatives, only two teams will be paired in terms of their fixtures; in the case of associations with four representatives, two pairings will be made. These pairings will be based on the TV audience and take account of the provisions of the competition regulations concerning stadiums.

Colour codings

To ensure that sides from the same country play on separate days, the eight groups will be distinguished by colour: Groups A-D will be red and Groups E-H blue. When a paired club is drawn, for example, into one of the red groups, the other paired club – once it has been drawn – will automatically be assigned to one of the four blue groups. Teams from Pot 1 will be provisionally placed in the first position within their groups, teams from Pot 2 will provisionally take the second spot in their sections, and so on.

Final position

Russian clubs FC Spartak Moskva and PFC CSKA Moskva will be assigned positions one or three in their groups to allow them to play away on Matchday 6, which falls on 5/6 December. Once the draw procedure has been completed, a computer draw will determine the final position of the sides within their group. These positions within the group will then determine the order of the home and away matches.

2006/07 UEFA Champions League draw

Pot 1

FC Barcelona
AC Milan
Real Madrid CF
FC Internazionale Milano
Liverpool FC
Arsenal FC
Manchester United FC
Valencia CF

Pot 2

Olympique Lyonnais
FC Porto
PSV Eindhoven
FC Bayern München
Chelsea FC
AS Roma
Celtic FC
LOSC Lille Métropole

Pot 3

Sporting Clube de Portugal
SL Benfica
FC Girondins de Bordeaux
FC Steaua Bucuresti
Werder Bremen
Olympiacos CFP
PFC CSKA Moskva
AEK Athens FC

Pot 4

RSC Anderlecht
FC Dynamo Kyiv
PFC Levski Sofia
FC Shakhtar Donetsk
Galatasaray SK
Hamburger SV
FC Spartak Moskva
FC København

Well that ruins my dream tie of Celtic v Lille, i wonder if Ajax going out fucked it up.

They would have been pot 2 surely.

THIS IS MY PREDICTION FOR CELTICS GROUP

REAL MADRID
CELTIC
WERDER BREMEN
LEVSKI SOFIA

------------
And then we go out

Ajax, what have you done:(
First half they had like 5 or 6 good chances, when you score one it's over.
Second half there was no problem till the 0-1, then they where very nervous and, unbelievable an own goal:( Then Huntelaar hits the bar:(:(

Jezus, how can you score 2 goals with 1 chance. To me both goals were mistakes of Emanuelson. My god, we had some bad luck. But respect for the FCK fans, they were singing and jumpin whole the match and even for the match. And of course our own fans, who were singing all match too, even right after the 0-2. Definatly the most emotianal match I've ever been too.

My prediction:

Milan
PSV
Benfica
Anderlecht

That would be a hard group in terms of history for Benfica, because we lost with Milan for 2 times, PSV for 1, and 1 time for Anderlecht in UEFA finals. Would be nice to kick the ass of Anderlecht since 2 years a go they kicked us by 3-0 without any reason.

Back
Top Bottom