UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Re: UEFA Champions League 04/05 Thread

amaru said:
My sweet Roma is leading 2:0 with Real after two, tremendouz goals. Hail to Totti! Real sux badly recently.

not so sweet afterall eh?

Chilavert said:
The Red Devils versus The Yellow Canaries
We have van Hooijdonk, Alex, Tuncay, Rustu, Umit Ozat and other quality player.
We will play with our braveheart!
We can win.

CL 96/97
LOL, How you doing! 6-2 to us!

proximus said:
Juventus Vs Maccabi ----- > Attendance 6,484

:o
Its a huge shame.These italian juve fans can be too cocky at times,they expect Juve to breeze past teams in the group stages,every year in the champions league.I hope Bayern has got something to wake them up in the next game.No offence,I really like Juve...they deserved better home support.

fenerbahce's defense looked like an unlocked door

i have the feeling that delle alpi is too big for juve.even if they play against milan the stadium isnt full at all.

a shame, fantastic team with a great past and future but no full stadiums

what was rustu doing on rooney's free kick, rooney had a free left corner to just smash the ball...

where was the magic today ? (alex)

united is too good for fenerbahce

anyways i just checked the turkish super league standings and fenerbahce is the top team, if they are the top i cant think of the rest of the teams.... 20-0 anyone :D

codex said:
where was the magic today ? (alex)

united is too good for fenerbahce

anyways i just checked the turkish super league standings and fenerbahce is the top team, if they are the top i cant think of the rest of the teams.... 20-0 anyone :D

nah, you cant say that.fener plays not good but wins.they are lucky

trabzonspor plays great at the moment.

Its funny how players like Rustu Recber,shoots off their mouth,saying Man United had past it,no teams fear them anymore,and so on,just shuts up after being brought back to earth.His team was trashed in Euro by the team that he heavily criticised a night ago.What a fitting way to shut up a bottler.Come to think of it,we used to keep track of him and Sir Alex wanted to bring him to OT but he declined and decided to go to Barcelona,boasting about the transfer.He was invisible there to say the least.Funny lad Rustu,from hero at Euro 2000 to zero in 2004.

Watched Real - Roma: two teams in crisis...Spanish television took pleasure in showing the horror on Reals Galacticos faces when Roma scored their goals...Madrid first goal was a lucky one but in the second half Roma was no match for Real ( Spanish television chose not to offer on the joy of Zidane and co are they biased????). I don't like Real Madrid but yesterday i was happy they won, because Totti, Cassano and co (Mexes) are scum...
About Juventus and the fact that they had low attendance against Maccabi: could this not be due to the fact that usually play unattractive football...
Ajax lost 4-0 against Bayern Munich, will the Dutch press blame Wesley Sonck again (they obviously don't like him and i obviously love him, so we're both subjective).
And then there is the 6-2 of Man Utd, great result, i guess Vann and his friends had a

Watched Real - Roma: two teams in crisis...Spanish television took pleasure in showing the horror on Reals Galacticos faces when Roma scored their goals...Madrid first goal was a lucky one but in the second half Roma was no match for Real ( Spanish television chose not to offer on the joy of Zidane and co are they biased????). I don't like Real Madrid but yesterday i was happy they won, because Totti, Cassano and co (Mexes) are scum...
About Juventus and the fact that they had low attendance against Maccabi: could this not be due to the fact that Juve usually plays unattractive football (Don wil book me for this...)???
Ajax lost 4-0 against Bayern Munich, will the Dutch press blame Wesley Sonck again (they obviously don't like him and i obviously love him, so we're both subjective).
And then there is the 6-2 of Man Utd, great result, i guess Vann and his friends had a great evening. This is a fine revenge for something that hurt me too at the time (when Fenerbahce beat Man Utd i was still a fan).
And finally in the AS Monaco - Deportivo La Coruna match i saw one of the worlds best target man: Adebayor. What a great player. (Does someone know what happende with Shabani Nondas??? Monaco doesn't need star players like Morientes, Saviola and Chevanton, Nondas and Adebayor are better).

phrase said:
Its funny how players like Rustu Recber,shoots off their mouth,saying Man United had past it,no teams fear them anymore,and so on.

what should he say?

we fear manchester, we hope we can lose by 5 goals???

come on, we know what football means today.no team needs to fear another team.
it was quite ok what rustu said.but his performance on the pitch was funny, but thats another story.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Big lol at Rustu! "Rooney has no experience at this level," he said. lol & lol again.

its not wrong at all.rooney has no experience at this level but he has class.
and rustu hepled him a bit :)

Adebayor was brilliant, he did what Victor should have done (unselfish pass) instead of being a glory-merchant. Seems Deportivo learned nothing from the big defeat there last season, once again losing multiple early goals.

Makaay, he just keeps on doing it. His first strike was outstanding, goal of the night for me. Although Ajax have a very young team, I was still surprised they lost that heavily.

Man Utd did very well, no matter what way you look at it that is a total hammering for Fenerbahce. Everything Rooney hit went perfectly, although his free-kick wasn't the best (the wall should have blocked it in the first place, nevermind Rustu's bad positioning).

By the final few minutes Roma were basically booting lumps out of anything that moved, they were trying to injure players at the end. Have to say it was a terrific decision to give the PK to Real, even though when it happened during the match I couldn't even see what it was awarded for. Carlos' goal was excellent, and it looks like Raul is back (2 in 2).

Problematic stadium or not, 6,400 or whatever it was is embarrassing for Juventus - that's a joke. Where is the fans' loyalty?

I didn't see the Liverpool match but by all accounts 1-0 flattered them anyway. 1 man team?

Nice finish by Jens Nowotny for Leverkusen! Also a great couple of goals by Lyon, and Jun of Sparta Prague looks a great young player.

Last edited:

Well, first half, we didn't play well. We made too many nervous mistakes, but Milan never really carved out that many chances. Second half, we played them off the pitch, and deserved a draw. Unfortunately they have players like Crespo, Rui Costa and Inzaghi on the bench and we have Sylla. That's not a slight against Sylla, it's not his fault he's not good enough, it's just a comparison, and one worth making.

Pretty gutted, because we didn't deserve to lose this match.

oh i feel for you CD. its a shame to see the bhoys performing well but still come out the losing end of the result. and i also have a soft spot for the people of turin, or i guess for juve fans, 6500 people at a match is very embarassing.

well at least united won, or else i would be truly gutted... for all three clubs

-fb

Hey Classic did you go to the game? Loads of Celtic fans were walking around Milan with trolleys full of beer.

Celtic were dangerous in the second half and could have won. Then super pippo came in and scored... i was happy for him.

Camara seemed to be the only real danger, and Marshal was doing well in goal.

Barca look very good at the moment, for me the best team in Europe at the moment, their attacking options are unbelievable. The Real Madrid game was a corker and great comeback from Real.

Last night, once again confirmed my opinion that Arsenal will not get anywhere near this competition.

FD

I watched the Werder v Valencia game which wasn't bad but was spoiled by the ref (Mike Riley)

anybody else ever try and watch all 8 games simultaneously on Sky ?

denirobob said:
anybody else ever try and watch all 8 games simultaneously on Sky ?

:lol: I try it sometimes, not for 90 minutes though :shock: I'll normally choose a game to watch and flick when the ball goes out of play, or if it gets dull.

ClassicD said:
Makaay, he just keeps on doing it. His first strike was outstanding, goal of the night for me. Although Ajax have a very young team, I was still surprised they lost that heavily.
Definitely, I believed in the victory of the Bayern Munich but not so bulky.
Makaay is a true killer of the area and good point for the return of Claudio Pizarro. :)

Back
Top Bottom