UCAS

Stringer Bell

Banned
12 February 2005
London
Hi guys,

I'm applying to go to Uni for 2008/2009. I was wondering is it best to apply now at this early stage? You have to pay a £5 fee to send and application (online), once you pay to you have to write up there and then?

Just noticed that applications has to be sent by the 15th January.

Can someone who's gone through this whole process of sending a UCAS form, tell me what happened?

Applying at this early stage will do you no harm. It can only be beneficial, especially if the courses you're interested in are popular ones.

It's relatively easy sending off the UCAS application, not as scary as some might think. The most important part to consider is the personal statement. The online system makes filling this in very easy, you can save progress and go back to your partially completed statement and add things when they come to you. Take your time on the statement, make it as good as you can, because once you've submitted your application it can't be changed. The rest of the form is pretty straightforward.

This link may be useful to help you with things.

After an university has received your application, you should be able to talk to them personally about it; your choice of course, requirements and any questions or worries you may have.

Apply by late October at the latest, then unis know you aren't lazy and some unis already give out offers before then.

Back
Top Bottom