1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

TV Aerials/Antennas

Discussion in 'Technology' started by RuneEdge, 9 April 2006.

1. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    Anyone know where I can get a good one from? The one in my room is broken and I got it with a very old TV. All other TVs in my house use the one on the roof so I've never had to buy an aerial before.
    The best I could find was this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Portable-Tv-A...708957698QQcategoryZ73383QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    But I dont want something that looks too gay or has a weird shape.

Could someone help me out here?

2. ash

ash DeMinistrator

21 March 2004
    London
    Man Utd
    I would reccomend you buy an aerial and also an amplifier to get a better picture.

Not too sue about what aerial you should get, I'll have a look around, say £5 budget?

3. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    I'd probably pay up to £10 to most. But it would need to be a decent one that I can leave anywhere, not like my current one that needs a human stand to hold it up in the right place.

4. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003
    ashmufc, you seem like you know your stuff ;)

question. just got a 23" samsung hd lcd for my room...

clearly the signal is still the same as my old tv from the antenna. but now i have a nice new TV, how can i improve the signal!

i wanted freeview but we cant get it in my area :(

any ideas?

cheers

5. ash

ash DeMinistrator

21 March 2004
    London
    Man Utd
    Look on the internet for a booster/amplifier thing. They sell them in Argos, but eBay will be cheaper. I don't actually have one as I have a roof/loft antenna.

6. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003
    yeah i saw them, will i be able to tell the differnce from installing one? i will go and get one in a bit if so

7. ash

ash DeMinistrator

21 March 2004
    London
    Man Utd
    Depends how bad/good your current image is. How much are they on eBay, if it wont work your not going to lose much money.

8. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003
    id rather get it from argos coz i can always take it back.

i think ill just leave it, cant see it improving it much

9. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Hello anyone who can help, I have had my TV for about 2 or 3 years, anyhow, had always just run my Sky through it and never tuned it in. Anyhow today I finally tuned it in, and it doesnt pick up ITV or CH4, and thus it goes BBC1, BBC2, FIVE etc

With the DVB, you cant seem to manual tune any channels in, does anyone have any clue why it isnt picking up those channels? I have an aerial booster already on it. Have retuned it 3 times and it still wont pick up anymore channels.

It's a Panasonic 32" LCD.

Thanks for anyone who can help!

10. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Stupid Irish TV.

11. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.