1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Trouble finding people on LIVE

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS' started by kevano22, 22 October 2005.

1. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003
    anyone having problems trying to connect to friends or finding people on optimatch on PES5

i found a few this afternoon now i cant find any tonight :S

2. chris347

chris347 Non-League

3 February 2004
    Bournemouth, England
    yeah i cant find any on optimatch either, and when one does finally come up as soon as i press on them to play it says game session no longer exist or it straight away says not accepted, seems a little strange to me.

Post if you have a similar problem please

3. Jamie

Jamie Bitter Hammer

6 November 2001
    Essex, England
    the only way I have been able to get a game so far is by creating

quick match or optimatch tell's me either it can't find an opponent or the session no longer exists

what with the minimal online options it adds up to another piss poor live effort as per Pro Evo 4

4. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    It is piss poor with no rooms thing, nor lobby's, I dont know what they have done, I mean how can you create leagues?????? Maybe I need to look in the manual. So far played Wrighty and Classic losing 2v1, 1v0.

5. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Yep, 9 times out of 10 when you do an optimatch search and stick everything on 'any', it says there's no one there? Find that hard to believe.

Had a look at the manual already Carl, nothin' there about lobbies or rooms at all.

Game seems a lot less laggy than last year though, liking it so far.

6. chris347

chris347 Non-League

3 February 2004
    Bournemouth, England
    I thought when buying the game all these options would be there, then when it connected the big eager grin on my face quickly turned into a harsh frown

Love the game tho more realistic like pes1, konami are crossed of my people to kill list (scene from billy madison)

7. EamoVersion1

EamoVersion1 Non-League

25 June 2005
    yup optimatch brings up nothin for me

luckily ive got loads on my friends list who play it. Also now its live aware and you can save formations so its not all bad!

8. Oli

Oli Gooner

1 September 2002
    London
    Arsenal
    Cant get into games with friends. Just says "No reply" when i accept their invite. So dissapointing

9. vcduk2000

vcduk2000 Non-League

25 March 2003
    me too
    im waiting too long to get a game

anyone up for one

trickytree pete

10. andykaz

andykaz Guest

Try creating games. I did all of last night and had to wait no longer thatn 20 seconds each time.

11. i too have only played one game by hosting 1st half. Must be a fault of some sort can never connect to anyone else.

Wish id bought the game from game not tescos, it would be going right back.

12. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003
    well, me, noted fear and my mate all tried something yesterday.

we opened some ports on our routers, and its worked so good.

All 3 of us couldnt find anyone on quick match, optimatch and when creating a game no1 would join.

also, me and noted couldnt connect to play each other for ages. So we both opened these ports on the router and hey presto, it works now.

Im also pulling up 10 names at a time on optimatch, i couldnt believe it when i saw it!

heres the guide for openeing the right ports for your own Router, hope it helps.

http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/XboxLive/XboxLiveindex.htm

got it off pesfan :)

Last edited: 26 October 2005
  13. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Had a go at that, says I need to forward/open port 88 but my router setup page says 'The public port number cannot be 88.Because it will have a collision with the Home Gateway Service'.

14. same as above, grrr

15. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003
    also try enabling the DMZ thing if you can find it, that works too

16. already tried that makes no difference.

17. gthom3

gthom3 Non-League

13 March 2004
    I've just opened those ports on my Linksys router but still can't get a game. I guess it is late but even so there surely must be people up playing this at 1am.

18. Ki99

Ki99 Guest

Have added everyone who has problems on this thread to my friends... hope you dont mind struggling to get a game is pissing me off

Gamertag:fellovertoday

19. rockwaldo

rockwaldo Guest

I really struggle as well, and the few games i do manage to get on have crazy lag. I have a good net connection, so im pretty much out of ideas..:(

20. peat

peat League 2

7 August 2004
    Im on most nights, always up for a game.

Gamertag = manxspanna

21. Stasman

Stasman League 2

17 May 2003
    I think i may have figured a way of finding more games on optimatch... when you search for a game, instead of leaving all the options as 'any' change the obvious ones (e.g injuries on, subs = 3, match = 10 mins etc) and then search. Everytime i did that i got at least 4 or 5 people come up, whereas when i just searched without making it more specific i didn't get any.

Not sure if its just some sort of coincidence or actually works, but i'm finding a game straight away now everytime :)

22. vcduk2000

vcduk2000 Non-League

25 March 2003
    nope, just tried it and still nobody available

this is taking the piss!!

23. numberoneson

numberoneson wankin you off wit lips.x

12 May 2003
    Manchester
    Manchester City
    Aye, cheers for playing us mate i was on LIVE for 20minutes searchin for a game and you were the only taker. Not often City beat Inter is it ;)

24. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Good games last couple of times I played you Peat, Bayern vs Lyon becoming a bit of a tasty fixture!

25. Tomkay13

Tomkay13 Guest

26. jonboyo

jonboyo Premiership

19 December 2002
    Ok I'm up and running played one game with my xbox 360 pad thus far and found my sprint was on the wrong button...
    2.0 down at half time against some stranger with jerky players galore he scored 2 from free kicks,but by 80 mins I was 4.2 up!....then the b'stad quit...lol

Adding everyone in this thread as friends and I hope you don't mind.

gamertag-jonboyo

27. cyberskull

cyberskull League 2

6 March 2004
    jonboyo just win a game like that b-tard :P , the other guy play better than me, but 2 freekicks with lampard solve the game :P

ADD ME TOO

slip666knot20

28. JayD

JayD Premiership

27 April 2002
    Arsenal
    People add me : Jay D78 . I can't ever find a game online.

29. jonboyo

jonboyo Premiership

19 December 2002
    Getting rat arsed, then playing and getting whiped can really effect morale!

30. searla

searla Guest

stick me down, the lack of games on live is rubbish

gamertag: Searla

If anyone sees me online feel free to send me an invite