Trance / Dance / House Music Discussion

what are the words to the main part of southern sun?

I still feel you
beneath my skin
I am tempted
to throw my senses in
'cos its easier to fly

on websites it says

"than to face another night in southern sun
and your love is all around"

but to me it sounds like "a place you'll never feel sincerity" something or other and later on im sure its says "theres a place you'll never die in southern sun" ?!?!

Listen to Tiestos one at about 2m 30s u will know what i mean

Coopz :)

This is what most lyric sites come up with...

Piece by piece
I release
once was mine
now undone
turned blue like New
Orleans
and went down like
a southern sun
I still feel you
beneath my skin
I am tempted
to throw my senses in
'cos its easier to fly
than to face another night in southern sun
and your love is all around
(x2)
in the air to set me free
set me free
you last like a song
I'm deflated
I am pieces on the wind
unrelated
I still feel you
beneath my skin
I am tempted
to throw my senses in
'cos its easier to fly
than to face another night in southern sun
and your love is all around
in the air to set me free
set me free
'cos its easier to fly
set me free

I havent got the Tiesto mix on hand to listen carefully at it, will try tomorra

Cheers MJ

Proxi thats all i found on lyrics sites but it just dosnt seem to go with either Tiestos, Oakenfolds or the Fatman one u sent

proxi:

you can download that central seven tune here: http://www.bangbang.force9.co.uk/

also, i have stuck up one of my fave tunes. it's quite old, maybe four years, but i never found out the name of it. i downloaded the mp3 as a white label, and all i know is that it's a T-U-N-E!!!

can you id it? what do you think of it?

Cheers dude! Grabbing that white label now..

EDIT - Lovely little tune that mate, i know the style of the song and i'm trying to remember a few artists who it could be..

Last edited:
By, the way - if anyone wants the Above & Beyond set from Radio 1's Ibiza party last weekend then tell me and ill upload :)

01. Pillow One - ID
02. David West feat. Andreas Hermansson - Larry Mountains 54 (Original Mix)
03. 2 Devine - Black Is The Colour (Above And Beyond Remix)
04. Above & Beyond feat. Andy Moor - Air For Life (Original Mix)
05. Armin van Buuren - Birth Of An Angel / Angelic It's My Turn Acapella
06. Eye Wall - Bad Deal (Remy & Roland Klinkenberg Remix)
07. ID
08. Above & Beyond - Alone Tonight
09. Petter - These Days (Sasha's Involver Remix)
10. Mike Foyle vs. The Signalrunners - Love Theme Dusk (Mike's Broken Record Mix)

Track 08 is especially good, their new one!

I'm a bit of a mixed bag music man, but always liked some of this stuff.

My favourite, well there's two of all time are 'The Vision' and 'Don't Stop' (can't mind the version but it wasn't the original, mixed by some DJ guy. Although I am getting some newish stuff, so will listen to it and see what I like. Will look at some of these songs you've listed though, although I kind of prefer something that isn't just a bundle of noise and banging.

FD

I've seen Ferry Corsten live at Gatecrasher in Sheffield here, he played a funky house set then went onto classic trance for the last hour - it rocked!

Also seen Mauro Picotto & Matt Hardwick do sets at a Radio One event at Don Valley stadium here, they were good. Picotto did some great trance and techno, while Hardwick played pure energy \\:o/ I remember it pissed it down that day and everyone was stripping off - god the women there :shock:

fd1972uk said:
I'm a bit of a mixed bag music man, but always liked some of this stuff.

My favourite, well there's two of all time are 'The Vision' and 'Don't Stop' (can't mind the version but it wasn't the original, mixed by some DJ guy. Although I am getting some newish stuff, so will listen to it and see what I like. Will look at some of these songs you've listed though, although I kind of prefer something that isn't just a bundle of noise and banging.

FD
Yeah man - there's a whole bunch of good artists who make beautiful tunes and often with great vocals. You'd want to look out for stuff by Matt Darey, Armin van Buuren, Dogzilla.. I practically moist meself over their stuff at me site, play a lot of sets with their stuff in on the radio.

A few more tunes....

1. David West - "Larry Mountains 54" << Awesome.. trance mixed with funky house, strange combo but works great
2. Above & Beyond - "Alone Tonight" << New one, nice male vocals.
3. Dogzilla - "Without You (Dub Vocal Mix) << Tune of the year easily! Again great male vocals and brill sound.

Heres who i have seen live

Tiesto
Oakenfold
Van Buuren
Corsten
Mylo
Cosheen
Judge Jules
Fergie
Mauro Picotto
Paul Van Dyk
Judge Jules

and probebly more. All at the 1 event i have been too but i was too hammered to tell who was on :)

Oh and FD make sure u check out Tiestos version of Southern Sun

Proxi any news on SOS/Message in a bottle yet?

No mate sadly - as soon as it appears though i'll chuck the link to it in here :)

In the meantime i recommend some new Kuffdam & Plant stuff. Paul van Dyk and Stoneface & Terminal have both remixed "Summer Dream" by K & P for it's rerelease and both are excellent, very uplifting. Kuffdam & Plant have also remixed "The Saddest Song" by Annie Lennox and it's a gem. If you can't find them let me know..!

Released 3 CDs on my site earlier today, i mixed one of them.

If anyone wants any of them, let me know as they are uploaded.

FD - i'll happily upp that Tiesto mix...

Proxi

anychance u can upload

LMC vs New Radicals - Dont let go
Safri Duo - La Bamba 2005
Lepo Inc meets E Project - Castles in the Sky

Revan said:
How many known DJ's u people managed to see live so far? Tell your bests!

Unforntunaly I still haven't managed to see Tiesto live so far :(

Revan, Portugal as good DJ, i managed to see Rui da Silva, DJ Vibe, Pete tha Zouk and Jiggy, internacional know Dj i see, Danny Tenaglia, Green Velvet, Jeff Mills at Locomia(Albufeira) and Tiesto at Olá Love to Dance 2.

Rui Da Silva's song Touch Me was good back in 2001, the best version was the Double 99 mix which appeared on the Clubbers Guide to 2001

DJ

Agreed dude. Still got that album somewhere, and the Rui Silva single too actually as i played it last week in a mix.

What's everyone's favourite trance track of all time? Mine must be the Ferry Corsten remix of Space Brother's "Forgiven" :shock: \\:o/

Pure anthem.

2001 was a bad year for Trance. 2002 wasn't much better.

Back to the present though...

Ferry Corsten - Sublime - Great tune! Scares the shit out of me!
Fischerspooner - Never Win (Benny Benassi Remix) - Awesome!
BT - The Force Of Gravity (Tiësto Remix) - :shock:

I like that Tiesto mix a lot but still prefer the Ferry Corsten mix mate! Great melodies. Also the Fischerspooner one is constantly on the cd player at work, it's a right corker :D

I got the new Lost Witness track yesterday, Love Again and it's the best i've heard from him since 7 Colours << fuckin choon!

I love dance/trance but sadly it's dying out somewhat. It used to be all you'd hear in a club now all you get is the lame chart music, some is ok but the vast majority is souless bullshit.

I live in Peterborough and I have to go to London for a decent nigth out it fucking bites.

The superclubs are disapearring, I really don't know what is up with the youth of today all they want to do is get pissed and fight each other it's fucking pathetic.

I remember when you'd go to a club and everyone would be off their tits and have a great time. I miss those days...

:applause: Disc One... Track Ten - oh yes! ;)

How about this i picked up today

marcelwoods9jo.jpg

Side 1

1. Benjamin Bates - "The Manimal"
2. Angello & Ingrosso - "Yeah"
3. Deep Dish - "Say Hello" (Angello & Ingrosso remix)
4. Joykit - "Adrenaline"
5. Hammer & Bennet - "Language"
6. End - Jy - "Tango" (Filterheadz remix)
7. Sander Van Doorn - "AKA"
8. DJ Spoke - "Ignition"
9. Rank 1 - "Top Gear"
10. Mr Sam - "Lyteo" (Rank 1 remix)
11. Marco Bailey & Redhead - "Eye Of The Dragon"
12. Hardcell & Grindvik - "Square"
13. Marcel Woods vs Jesselyn - "Fauna"
14. Blanco Diablo - "Absolute Control"
15. Fergie - "Spin Energy"
16. Digital Express - "The Club" (Oliver Shine remix)

Side 2
1. Pascal FEOS - "Self Reflexion" (Alexander Kowalski remix)
2. Antidote - "Synchronicity"
3. Oliver Lieb vs Preach - "Papel" (Preach mix)
4. DJ Misjah & Groovehead - "Trippin Out" (Forcesupreme remix)
5. Woody Van Eyden - "SI - N+R - JE"
6. Super8 vs DJ Tab - "First Aid"
7. Coast 2 Coast feat le Sal & Pheonix - "Cut Me"
8. Marcel Woods - "Cherry Blossom"
9. Pascal Feliz - "Ignition"
10. Cosmic Gate feat Jan Johnston - "I Feel Wonderful" (Cosmic gates AM To PM mix)
11. Marcel Woods - "Advanced"
12. Filo & Peri - "Dance With A Devil"
13. Tom DJ - "So High"
14. Joop - "Another World"
15. Silver Blue - "To My Twin Soul"
16. Three Drives - "Greece 2000" (Marcel Woods remix)

:applause:

Easy peeps

Just recovered from my session in Creamfields \\:o/ :)

The lineup was excellent but i missed most of em due to my mates burning out by 1-2:0'clock

I did see Oakenfold though and he played my favourite tune southern sun :applause: I went fucking mental singing and dancing to it so that made the night for me

I missed Faithless, Basement Jaxx, Paul Van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, Armin Van Buuren and Judge Jules though :(

I have a video of it on my phone ill upload tomorrow, u cant see much but u can see how many people are there :shock:

Next time if my mates are crashed out im going solo ;)

Back
Top Bottom