Toughest game ever played!

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by rockstrongo, 14 March 2019 at 19:27.

1. rockstrongo

rockstrongo International

25 August 2006
    Sweden
    Hammarby
    I've searched the forum for a thread on this,and haven't found any.

So what's the most challenging/toughest game you have played?
    One house rule,a game that's tough and challenging based on its content,not because of crappy gameplay etc!

Toughest game I have ever played is The Witness.
    Screenshot_20190314-202531~2.jpg
    A puzzle game,looks stunning and by far the hardest game I've ever played!

Ps if I missed when I searched for a thread on this subject,feel free to erase!

nevcapr and Chris Davies like this.
  2. mvs2k9

mvs2k9 Mia san Mia

22 July 2010
    Viet Nam
    FC Bayern M√ľnchen
    Crash Bandicoot & Cuphead make me angry all time :CURSE: sometimes i want destroy all controllers i have :D. I completed Crash Bandicoot at this time but not perfectly 100% trophy.

rockstrongo and nevcapr like this.
  3. slamsoze

slamsoze Championship

28 September 2010
    I cannot say one specific for sure. For me all the old (GameBoy-NEs-SNES) platform-type, action-adventures, especially those that you did not have an HP bar, but you were one-hit-to-die. With energy/HP bar i would say games like Megaman and Super Metroid. If i could say two only i would say R-Type and Burai Fighter.
    But all those past games, although were built to be played mostly by kids, were extremelly demanding of skills like, manouvering, puzzle solving etc.
    Thank god that the saving space was increased and the Save/Load/Continue was invented, or some flags/checkpoints that you could restart after you died, or by jumping some levels using passwords.

P.S.: I know that being shot from everywhere, with only one life/HEART/ENERGY, maybe considered crappy gameplay, as it needs more than just skill to succeed.

Last edited: 20 March 2019 at 08:19
  4. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Championship

5 September 2016
    Probably the Trials games. Once the opening act is done they become incredibly tough.