1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

TOTTI IS KO

Discussion in 'Football' started by romeking, 19 February 2006.

1. romeking

romeking Non-League

14 August 2003
    Today Afternoon the Italian Player Francesco Totti during the Serie A match Roma-Empoli had a seriously injury(the same of Alan Smith).Injury Time 2 or 3 months at better................

2. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003
    what?

3. the_thing

the_thing ps3!

4 August 2004
    Toronto
    Juve, MU
    that is not good for italy.. :shock: :(

4. Alucard

Alucard Guest

Oh man totti out of world cup, thats not good. Pity cuz i wanted to see him spit on some more players face.

5. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    London -> New York -> San Francisco
    Liverpool FC
    He is out for two months....so he may be able to make it

6. romeking

romeking Non-League

14 August 2003
    The last news are not good.........The italian CT hopes in a quickly recovery,but the world cup remain uncertain............It is a bad bad thing for US

Alucard you can see his spit in your ass

7. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Its 2 months, hes back in April... whats the fuss?

8. Joe

Joe International

9 August 2004
    OK am i the only one who found that disturbing

9. romeking

romeking Non-League

14 August 2003
    I wrote that thing because alucard before wrote that thing about Totti.

10. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    On the hype train
    Cunturipa!
    hey we're not talking about how fair or unfair he is!! maybe he's just a bit unfair but he remanis a top class player and yes, that's absolutely NOT good if he doesn't play the world cup..

and it won't be good for ALL the football world, not only for Italy that maybe is gonna lose a great player..

11. bebo

bebo Looking for a Manager

25 July 2005
    Arsenal Thread
    The Arsenal FC
    does that mean USA have a little slight chance in the World Cup

12. Alucard

Alucard Guest

ditto. I was just saying i miss him spitting, nothing personal suggestin he deserved to be injured. I like totti as player he is one of my favourite. Its sad he got injured like this, because he was in top form and one of main reasons why roma are 4th pushing for champions league place.

13. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Thanks to him, they broke the record of most consecutive wins in Serie A - 10 wins.

14. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City
    Yea Roma are seriously going to miss him now , he has been driving them forward.

15. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    On the hype train
    Cunturipa!
    it's not broken I suppose.. they reached the record (there have been milan and bologna doing that before roma, if I don't go wrong) and roma will break it next week if they manage to win again!!

16. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    Yeah Juve as well apparently.

Today they equalled the record and if they win against Lazio next week (added even more twist to this derby now :) ) they will break the record!

17. OPM

OPM ... Staff

2 June 2003
    Budapest
    forza roma!

18. pk9

pk9 Did you Say BOOTS - Pk

9 January 2004
    in the boots thread
    Lille, de oranje!
  19. phrase

phrase Tactician

12 December 2002
    Little Mancunia
    Ouch,thats exactly how Smith broke his foot and dislocate his ankle.By looking at the pic,he wont be out for 2 months.Smith will out for 6-8 months and he will miss the World Cup.If Totti's injury is somewhat similar to Smith at least we will know there will be one less spitter in Germany.:D
    Godspeed Recovery for Alan Smith and Francesco Totti!

20. Alucard

Alucard Guest

no totti injury is only dislocated ankle. Smith is both dislocated ankle and broken leg so it will take longer for him to recover frmo both injurys. Totti should be fine for world cup.

21. Gedtillo

Gedtillo Mediocentro defensivo

13 July 2004
    Totti has a broken leg as I read this morning in the papers.

22. Adonis

Adonis Guest

dunno what papers you read mate, but thats BS:

heres a report from Football Italia:

So he should be fine for the World Cup. 2 months wont be that big of a deal. In a way it could work for him. He could look at it like having 2-3months rest before a big tournament.

I certainly hope so :)

23. Gedtillo

13 July 2004
    What papers do I read? These. The greatest papers in Spain.

El Pais: http://www.elpais.es/articulo/elppo...p_18/Tes/deportes/Totti/rompe/peligra/Mundial

El Mundo:
    http://elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2006/02/19/futbol/1140368964.html

Marca:
    http://marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/internacional/es/desarrollo/620566.html

As:
    http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=&xref=20060220dasdaiftb_42&type=Tes&anchor=dasftbJ00

All papers say he's got a broken fibula (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibula) and that it's no less than two months (maybe three) that he'll have to stay away from the pitch.

It's a real pity that some great players are getting injured before the WC... Raúl, Xavi, Valerón, As.Cole, Totti... all had serious injuries this season. Something has to be done.

24. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Reyes too

25. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    On the hype train
    Cunturipa!
    :( yes, you're right.. he also had a broken fibula, unfortunately..

now we could only hope he'll get well before the world cup begins..

26. Gedtillo

13 July 2004
    Yeah, forgot him. Also Smith (had a chance to make it to the WC team).

27. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Pity, I like Totti as a player and my team in Italy (and probably Europe) are Roma. Hope he makes the WC, think the guy is class even though he hasn't hit the heights for Italy.

FD

28. Adonis

Adonis Guest

ok cool. Just that in your previous post you wrote broken leg. Thats what I was getting at.

29. Gedtillo

13 July 2004
    I think the fibula happens to be a bone from the leg... isn't it true? :D

30. foxrocks

foxrocks League 1

11 January 2004
    The fibula is one of the two bones you have in your shin (I think it's the big one down the front), and I believe Totti has cracked it and damaged ligaments, as opposed to Smith's snap and dislocated joint, which is obviously more serious and will keep him out for longer.

And yeah, from what I've seen of Serie A lately Totti has been coming in for some very rough treatment indeed. It was almost inevitable that one of his ankles was going to end up like this eventually.