1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Top PS2 Driving Games?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Professor Nutmeg, 24 June 2005.

1. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    I feel like getting behind the wheel again, and although i'm quite happy with my Colin McRae 04, (for me, it plays well) i was wondering if there were any other decent driving sims/games out there that you might recommend.
    Graphics aren't that important, more the gameplay and feel of the car. Forget GT4 because as realistic as it makes it out to be, it just isn't (talking about crash damage etc) NFSU gets a bit too samey and arcadey after a while. Is Juiced very similar to NFS, also is Midnight Club DE the same old? Although i hear it's better.
    Also, i never got round to buying/playing Colin 5. Is it worth getting if you have 4? Gameplay any better? Cars? Physics? I don't mind the rallying thing you see. Cheers for your opinions.

PN

2. LemonJelly

LemonJelly Bungie's Bitch Staff

28 August 2002
    UK
    Don't know about Colin Mcrae but Burnout3:Takedown is an excellent game. Yes it is arcady but it is a lot of fun.

3. P-dogg

P-dogg Waiting for the postman..

9 August 2004
    I REALLY enjoyed MC3 DE but some people didnt.

If you liked NFSU, MC3 kills it in all respects except occassionally the framerate drops but its nothing major..

Last edited: 24 June 2005
  4. mampi

mampi Non-League

10 July 2005
    Holland

word!

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Proud member since 2002

2 November 2002
    Belgium
    Sporting Lokeren
    Yep Burnout 3 is top fun! Don't like arcadey racers myself but this game is on another level of entertainment.

6. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Burnout 3 for thrills and most definitely spills. Going fast in that actually feels fast. I agree with the above.

7. ibu2003

ibu2003 Competition Killer

2 August 2003
    London
    Newcastle United
    In no order:

Burnout 3: Takedown (soon to be Revenge, in this yrs sequel)
    Gran Turismo 4
    Colin Mcrae 2005
    Toca
    Richard Burns Rally (very realistic, very very hard and unforgiving)

8. Ike

Ike permaninizated

18 March 2003
    Agree with ibu2003, if you're getting bored with Colin and want to move towards a more realistic rally sim, Richard Burns Rally is your game. It pretty much depends on how much time you have for it, if you only play a few hours a month, Burnout 3 is good fun too imo.

9. peat

peat League 2

7 August 2004
    I would go with any of the World Rally championship series.
    Every time they p1ssed on Colin Mcrae IMO.