Top Gear

Just a brilliant show.

Jeremy bash electronics on a Ferrari, again.
Jeremy's police was great. I was rather surprised to HIS wheel fall off.
Wonder if that M3 vs Prius is really true?

most likely true, the m3 is a real autobahn cruiser, it's most economic at those speeds (while the prius was totally maxed out)

the challenge was brilliant!!

Is the hamster still the same spineless coward as the last few series?

He's really started to get on my nipples on Top Gear when he'll talk about a car and slag it off... then Clarkson will come into camera and say 'YOU'RE WRONG' and Hammond says 'oh yes i am'

The police test was great, as usual clarkson f#$ks it up and loses a wheel :D. Its on tonight at 9pm (friday 26-6) is anyone missed it.

Yeah I agree. I like James May's reviews too, they're the opposite of Clarkson's generally. Even if he has got that King Charles spaniel look going on more than ever.

im just starting to not like the way its going

i used to think all the little challenges they do were real, but there looking very scripted these days

the caravan setting on fire for example last series

im just starting to not like the way its going

i used to think all the little challenges they do were real, but there looking very scripted these days

the caravan setting on fire for example last series

Yeah you can see it more and more - It does take quite a bit away from it when you know they make up bits of it.

I won't watch it again until they stop scripting it, you might as well watch repeats of Men Behaving Badly.

The one that pissed me off the most was Hammond (or The Stig, can't remember) in a chippy ordering 200 bags of chips or something for some road resurfacing crew with a massive queue behind him. I wouldn't mind but it wasn't even funny.

after all the bashing around here ;) anyone agrees that the clk black series review was simply brilliant? not because of clarkson and what he said, but the music, the locations, the brilliant photography, the car itself - i absolutely loved it!

Merc was gorgeous i love old DTM aswell

http://www.rsportscars.com/mercedes...nz-clk-dtm-amg-cabriolet/gallery/photo-13129/

2008 Brabus SLR not bad either.

http://www.rsportscars.com/mercedes...bus-slr-mclaren-roadster/gallery/photo-15966/

I see show in abit of jeopardy as May and Hammond contracts run out soon and they want pay rises more in line with JC. Although apparently May come out and said he demanded nothing of sort its beleived that JC earns £1 mill a year and May and Hammond £180k.

I dont blame them if really want a pay rise i feel they also make show what it is be shame if Hammond or May were to leave.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/224...rd-Hammond-"may-leave"-BBC-motoring-show.html

Merc was gorgeous i love old DTM aswell

http://www.rsportscars.com/mercedes...nz-clk-dtm-amg-cabriolet/gallery/photo-13129/

2008 Brabus SLR not bad either.

http://www.rsportscars.com/mercedes...bus-slr-mclaren-roadster/gallery/photo-15966/

I see show in abit of jeopardy as May and Hammond contracts run out soon and they want pay rises more in line with JC. Although apparently May come out and said he demanded nothing of sort its beleived that JC earns £1 mill a year and May and Hammond £180k.

I dont blame them if really want a pay rise i feel they also make show what it is be shame if Hammond or May were to leave.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/224...rd-Hammond-"may-leave"-BBC-motoring-show.html
More like 2 mill for Clarkson but he owns part of the show, or the rights or something...

Clarkson is a dick, unless he's talking about cars.

He's a marmite character. But at least he's a character. Unlike most folk on telly.

Ridiculous that Clarkson gets that much more money that the others.

It just wouldn't be the same without either Hammond or May. They really add a contrast to each other.

I cant believe the number of posts in this thread slating this! Seriously, I think this is quite simply some of the best tv the BBC puts out, funk Doctor Who or EastEnders, this and Planet Earth etc are things of interest and worth watching. Top Gear is about having a laugh and abit of fun, and really that is all there is to it. Long may it continue.

From what I have been reading is that the BBC wanted Clarkson to be the face of Top Gear around the world, i.e. he goes and does promotional stuff in order for the BBC to sell the series to foreign countries, so if my boss wanted me to be flying around the world trying to drum up sales, I reckon I would be looking a lil slice of the pie too. His books are also pretty entertaining, but then anyone who is moanin about this show need not read his books.

I cant believe the number of posts in this thread slating this! Seriously, I think this is quite simply some of the best tv the BBC puts out, funk Doctor Who or EastEnders, this and Planet Earth etc are things of interest and worth watching. Top Gear is about having a laugh and abit of fun, and really that is all there is to it. Long may it continue.

From what I have been reading is that the BBC wanted Clarkson to be the face of Top Gear around the world, i.e. he goes and does promotional stuff in order for the BBC to sell the series to foreign countries, so if my boss wanted me to be flying around the world trying to drum up sales, I reckon I would be looking a lil slice of the pie too. His books are also pretty entertaining, but then anyone who is moanin about this show need not read his books.
Don't get me wrong Holio, I love the show, I just feel it's too scripted or maybe that's the wrong wording, some of the scripts are a bit stale and sound forced. Though I stand by my Clarkson review gripe, the majority of his stuff is great... Oh and QI is the best TV the BBC do... ;))

I get feeling to many are just over analysing just got to sit back and enjoy yes parts are scripted but still funny. Its entertainment show aswell as car reviews you couldnt pull half stuff they do without health and safety and permission before hand to do majority of stuff. You get mindset of scripted and you now look for every little thing in show this is what i been doing and really putting me off i got to sit back and enjoy.

But anyway on with last ep so funny when they put cheese in May car lol and when May left Hammond. :LOL:

lol i always laugh when they bump into each other and always smack May car when opening door. :DD

Next week sounds good Clarkson in new R35 in Japan vs May and Hammond who go on bullet train. :))

It's just light entertainment and not to be taken too seriously. A bit like Soccer AM

Back
Top Bottom