Top 10 TV Shows Cancelled Before Their Time

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
I watch and have watched way too many TV shows to narrow any list down to 10, hell I could do a top 30 cop shows I've watched since the early 80s!

How about Top 10 TV Shows cancelled before their time, ie shows that had 2 seasons or less but deserved more in your opinion, here's mine (not in a strict order except the first 2):

1. Firefly
2. Boomtown
3. Lights Out
4. Touching Evil (US)
5. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
6. Dollhouse
7. Jericho
8. Life (US)
9. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
10. Terriers

Oh, I see.. I didn't read that properly. But it was so good it felt like 2 seasons for me. Sweggen Cocksuckers!!!

I definitely agree it was cancelled before its time, and not getting the two "promised" TV Movies really sucked, but these days 3 seasons has to be considered a good run, sadly :(

Carnivale
Firefly
Invasion
Dead Like Me
Surface
Traveler
Better Off Ted
Flight Of The Conchords
Charlie Jade
Pushing Daisies
Sleeper Cell
The Middleman
Miss Guided
Reaper
Afro Samurai
John Doe

:)

Last edited:
Party Down
Freaks and Geeks
Caprica
John from Cincinnati
Boomtown
The Comeback
Rubicon
Firefly
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Robbery Homicide Division

Tnx Gerd,

Forgot about Rubicon, thought it was really good. Invasion was decent aswell, along with Jericho. Another show I really enjoyed was the cop one with the "millionaire". That only had two season aswell, got cancelled two years ago. Can't remember the name though, I'll go look...Life, Placebo already mentioned it. There was a good funny nurse show last season (like Grey's) that got cancelled aswell....can't remember again! I give up! ;)

Jericho
Huff
Journeyman
Daybreak

Was Sleeper Cell cancelled or did it end naturally?

Firefly and Freaks and Geeks. I'd have added Arrested Development but that hit 2.5 seasons.

I thought Virtuality was brilliant (Moore from BSG), but didn't get picked up by Fox (why did they pitch to effing Fox!?)

Firefly, Middleman, Life, Knights of Prosperity, Journeyman, Terriers, Drive, Invasion, Party Down, The Unusuals, The Good Guys, The Ex List, The Winner, Love Monkey

Yeah it's a pain in the arse.

I don't watch loads of tv, however have had 3 series I was enjoying and they cancelled it.

V (New Version) - 2 seasons and whilst I thought the 1st season was slow, it picked up in the 2nd season and the finale opened a lot of things up, but it's finito.

Invasion - Another like V that I really liked and then a big cliffhanger at the end of it and once again, cancelled.

One that doesn't qualify obviously, is Heroes. But that's a big bug-bear with me, watched all the seasons and then that..................

Really wish some agreement should be in place, to have a budget put aside for say a 2 or 3 part finale is put in. Maybe the writers can have it all written up to tie in with the finale of each season and therefore it at least has a conclusion. Obviously they might hope that another broadcaster takes it on, but that's hardly likely.

FD

I don't think that was cancelled, I believe the writers decided they wanted to stop 'at the top'?

Back
Top Bottom