Tom Clancy's The Division [PC/PS4/XB1]

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Scutch, 11 June 2013.

1. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    La Manga Del Mar Menor, Spain.
    Sheffield Wednesday
    If you take the Exe and/or dlls from the Uplay version and paste them over the Steam Uplay version then Steam is not required anymore...

2. vondave

vondave Stretford End

9 August 2005
    Chaps, is this game good?

Not played the beta or read much on it.

Cheers

3. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    12 hours, level 9, 18.75% story completion, awesome game!

4. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Does anyone have any idea how I can force my CPU to work harder in the game? Just set to the Ultra default settings and ran the benchmark:

Avg FPS: 31.6
    Typical FPS: 31.9
    Avg CPU: 51
    Avg GPU: 91

AMD 8350 @ 4.4ghz
    16GB RAM
    SLI GTX 770 4GB

5. gabe.paul.logan

gabe.paul.logan Golden Boot Winner

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    just tested my buddies game before buying it at my computer. im still having this annoying bug, these vibrating shadows, lights especially in the safehouse and around street lamps. tried differents set ups but without success.

anyone experiencing the same?

6. quiet_riot

quiet_riot Welcome To Manchester

21 January 2007
    Manchester
    MCFC

Is that not just because they're "on fire"?

7. Review

Review One year wonder

7 October 2012
    MUFC and NY Knicks
    Really on the fence about getting this game. I've heard it gets really repetitive as you progress. Have you seen any variation in how the bots attack as you level up? e.g. group swarming and or camping. Just different tactics altogether I guess. That said, if MLB the Show 16 wasn't coming out at the end of the month I would defn pick this game up as I don't have a shooter in my PS4 library

8. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    They do mix things up a little bit but the firefights tend to be in pretty set areas so there's not that much they could do differently, sometimes they try to fight from a set position, sometimes they try to flank you etc. can't say I've gotten bored with it yet, now at level 10 and 15hrs and 33mins and definitely ready to play more :)

9. sauce

sauce Warriors

20 September 2005
    Chatbox, Brazil
    Cruzeiro
    I played a mission way above my level the other night, and there was a couple of different type of enemies, I don't wanna spoil it, but its pretty fucking awesome.

That said, now that I played a lot of the game, there is a time that everything gets a little boring, unless you are leveling up like crazy doing the main missions.
    Cause those side missions are repetitive and often on a distant place on the map.

Main missions are fun, different and exciting. Side missions, not so much.

And I'm doing the district by district, doing all the missions on my level first, then moving on to the main mission, which makes progress slow and kinda of boring.

I have a friend that teamed up with higher level players and did all the main stuff first, now he is a level 30 already, everything else gonna feel super dull and boring for him now, I bet.

I wish there was more random encounters and the world felt more alive, I know its a post apocalyptic theme, but sometimes it feels like you are the last man on earth.

Last edited: 14 March 2016
  10. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Level 13 now, decided to brave the Dark Zone, very challenging, first time I went in I got slaughtered in seconds! This time I got a few kills and exited as DZ rank 6, it's clear I still don't have decent enough weapons to compete with the AI so I'll go back later.

Interesting to see how much tougher the AI is at the higher levels, I was going up against level 15-17 AI and noticed they used bounding overwatch a lot which made it very hard to focus on one enemy to lower their many bars of armour!

11. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    so is this game the shit in co-op or what?

12. Review

Review One year wonder

7 October 2012
    MUFC and NY Knicks
    Hey bud. Glad you're having fun with the game Sauce. I've been watching some streams and aside from the repetitive AI the only other negative seems to be how many shots enemies take before they go down. In one video I saw it took three sniper rifle shots to put down an enemy with no special head gear. Maybe this gets better as you level up wh you're equipped with more powerful weapons

Last edited: 15 March 2016
  13. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Yep it does, most average enemies I kill with one headshot now, some take two, the elite enemies take more but you can see how many armour points they have that need lowering before you really affect their health.

14. quiet_riot

quiet_riot Welcome To Manchester

21 January 2007
    Manchester
    MCFC
    You have to remember this is more of a Guild Wars/Warcraft RPG than a COD/Far Cry military arcade game

15. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Bloody hell just found an ini tweak on reddit that gave me a

19fps boost! Think it's only applicable to those on a kepler sli config:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...isabling_temporal_aa_fixes_sli_low_framerate/

These are my results:

[​IMG]

8350 @ 4.4ghz
    16gb Ram
    MSI GTX 770 4gb SLI
    Windows 10
    364.51 drivers

1080 @ Ultra default with HBAO+ and a couple of high performance hit things lowered.

TBH I don't agree with that, almost all the firefights you get into you have to use tactics and situational awareness etc, it's more like a mix of Arma/Far Cry/Borderlands with a little Watch Dogs thrown in.

16. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Chief PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    That reminds me - I read articles that said you could alter some graphical sliders on consoles and improve performance, but I'm not seeing them?

17. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    BTW anyone else playing this on PC? If you don't have me on your Uplay please add me: Placebo_prs

Supposedly:

18. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Chief PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Ugh, is that all? I was expecting more than that!

I tried turning chromatic aberration off to improve performance but noticed no difference - I was hoping for some meatier settings to turn down the effects and get closer to 60fps.

EDIT: This article is what I was referring to. I'm guessing it wasn't true, then...

No you can't. :(

Last edited: 15 March 2016
  19. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
  20. fernadez

fernadez Championship

28 May 2003
    E.7
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Added you mate

My id is fernadez. Be good to get a little crew going. Done a few co-op missions on hard with some randoms and was really good. Went into the DZ alone and got blasted when I was about Lv6. Haven't been back since.

21. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Got this working! Using a USA VPN I went there and chose PC and then selected create Uplay account, created an account with a throwaway email address and then it showed the key for the gear sets, launched Uplay with my regular account and entered the key in "activate product", didn't really make it clear it was accepted but when I went to the rewards vendor ingame the four sets were there waiting for me!

22. gabe.paul.logan

gabe.paul.logan Golden Boot Winner

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    hell. got an nvidia videocard insted of my amd, now it runs smoothly on all high settings

23. vondave

vondave Stretford End

9 August 2005
    Played this online with a mate last night. Great fun.

24. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Just looking at my stats:

52 hours played!!!

Level 25 and Dark Zone max rank 18

68.75% main story

Don't think I've ever been so wrong about a game before, even only a few days before I bought it I watched a video of the Madison Square Gardens mission and the screen was full of icons and the enemies were all glowing red through walls and I thought it looked awful but for whatever reason I still had an urge to buy it, so glad I did!

25. vondave

vondave Stretford End

9 August 2005
    I think it's excellent too.

26. Scorpio

Scorpio Proud member since 2002

2 November 2002
    Belgium
    Sporting Lokeren
    They've got my vote for game of the year. Masterpiece.

27. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    LOL so decided to sneak in 30 mins of The Division before the servers went down, I was still in the dark zone so killed some NPCs and picked up some loot, went to the extraction point and there is a countdown on screen saying when the server shuts down, I called for extraction with 30 seconds left and it finally cleared my stuff with 2 seconds left to spare!!

And I finally got to revive someone!!! Danish guy I think

Was just looking through my achievement auto-screenshots and thought my last one was a really cool shot:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 22 March 2016
  28. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    New update is live for PC, installing now :)

29. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    I seriously can't be the only one playing this???!!!! :(

[​IMG]

Started playing 14 days ago so averaged a smidge under 5 hours per day, that's crazy to think I thought the game looked rubbish at times from videos! I've done all side missions and encounters on the left side but have quite a lot of side missions/encounters left to do on the right, haven't really bothered getting all the echoes/phonecalls/drones etc. etc. might do them but probably not.

30. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    I bought the game a couple of weeks ago but not really got into as yet.
    I will start playing it at some point, but the people I normally play games with have not purchased the game as yet, so my motovation isn't very high to play this on my own.

Last edited: 23 March 2016