Tom Clancy's The Division

After launch, Ubi say.

Strange comment from them:

Since it’s impossible for us to populate the servers in a way that would adequately replicate playing The Division on launch day, reviewers will start playing the game along with everyone else when it’s released on March 8 – after the servers go live officially and globally at 00:01AM Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT). We anticipate there may be some impressions posted online within the first few days of launch that were based on experiences with The Division Beta, and we look forward to seeing streams, videos, and opinions that provide accounts of final, in-game conditions.

Basically they're saying "people will say bad shit about the game but that's the old version, it's much better now"...

Found this elsewhere:

Probably have been posted already, if you follow this site and instructions you get 4 gear sets for free:

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/agent-origins/index.aspx?ncid=1628-3502-5748--2-odvidch-28-41-TheDivision_AgentOrigins_Ubisoft--17-19-10-0116

The-Divisions-Origins-Gear-Sets.jpg

During today's problems with the ubisoft servers...

Tom Clancy's The Line Simulator

We cannot get past the welcome mission. Hitting "F" to activate the laptop does not work. We assumed it was due to all the players in the safe house trying at once so we formed a line.....

click on image to full size

lol They were playing on a British server.

Game is pretty fucking awesome so far, specially playing co-op.

Let's see how long this is going to last, Destiny didn't have a good first impression like this game, The Division starts actually tough right from the start, I'm loving it.

is there any variation in missions or is it a grind fest.
I think if you think it will be, then it will be (that sounds like an ancient proverb or something, but genuinely, if you're susceptible to feeling the grind early in a game, you'll feel it in this).

There's variation but in a "rigid" way. For example, there's the usual missions - go here, kill all the bad guys, press a switch - but then there's side-missions that involve you finding all of the objects in a multi-storey building within 5-6 minutes. But they don't deviate from that structure - e.g. "find all the objects, something goes wrong, report it to the base, then go on a trek to the other end of the map to speak to someone who doesn't have radio communication". Those types of side-missions are always going to be "find all the objects in 5-6 minutes".

But that doesn't bother me. For me, the way the RPG elements are implemented (and how they've designed the quest for the best loot) is so good. It's not Tom-Clancy-realistic, because they're focusing on the RPG mechanics (i.e. enemies have set HP values and a shot to the head doesn't always equal their entire HP). But it's a lot of fun (and if you get yourself a "marksman's rifle" and focus on boosting your weapons abilities, you can one-shot-kill people, which I find immensely satisfying). The personalisation of your character is pretty good, in my experience so far.

Coming from Fallout 4, I'm disappointed that there isn't more exploring and that there isn't as much to find - but then Fallout 4's focus on packing small spaces with stupid amounts of stuff to find and side-missions is special in itself.

As a single-player game, I like it - as a co-op game, I love it - and if I get to a high-enough level to really succeed in the dark zone, I think I'll be crazy about it.

Last edited:
Part of me really wants to try it but I think it'll be something I really hate in 5 minutes or really love, unfortunately there's no cheap way to try it out :(

I watched IGN's first 15 minutes video and I thought it was great, then I watched someone's personal twitch and the screen was full of silly icons and enemies were glowing through walls and he was being told "there are 5 bad guys in this room" and all that crap and I found it really off putting.

I realise the bullet physics aren't realistic but could I at least disable all the silly hud/icon elements?

Last edited:
Part of me really wants to try it but I think it'll be something I really hate in 5 minutes or really love, unfortunately there's no cheap way to try it out :(
You're an ARMA man, you'll hate it - it's not about realism (I'm still surprised it's got the Tom Clancy label, the story is pretty good but the gameplay is 100% RPG)!

Just imagine Fallout without the exploring, and the super mutants as people who somehow need shooting 15 times before they die (and with a story that has a decent premise but is full of cliché "you're my hero" moments).

Do you have a PS4? You could always have a go via that "game share" function, or I could stream some gameplay for you tonight if that'd help?

I realise the bullet physics aren't realistic but could I at least disable all the silly hud/icon elements?
I'll have a look tonight - there is an "auto-hide" option, which I really like. All that does though is turn off the HUD when you're roaming, and turn it back on when enemies appear.

There's a "grenade cooking" icon that appears above an enemies' head when they're about to throw a grenade - like a countdown timer - and if you can shoot them before they throw it, they'll drop it and grenade themselves.

You'd hate that (because of the HUD pop-up), but I love it, because it's a mini-game in itself!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Chris :)

Do you have a PS4?

I do but would play this on PC, thanks for the offer anyways :)

One thought I had is if I can find a cheap enough key (ie not much more than £20-£25) I'll create a new Uplay account with a spare Email address and if I hate the game I can sell the game and account together to someone :)

is there any variation in missions or is it a grind fest.

Chris described it better than I could, but a small detail he didn't mention which makes all the difference in my opinion.

Enemies don't have a standard behavior, they will rush, they will camp, they will flank and probably do more stuff, I only played a little bit, but this surprised me a lot in a very good way.

And so far I feel like it does not even depend of your own strategy, which is amazing, surely the AI reacts when they feel like you are weak, camping or something. But I played a mission, which I started with the same strategy 3 times, and I got 3 different play outs of the enemies. I was always jumping on a container and the first time they rushed right, the second they stay mostly behind cover and the third time a guy flanked me and jumped on my container without me even noticing it.

That's more variation than Destiny, but then again I've only played a small sample, lets see how long it takes for me to find it boring.

Now on another note, something else really bothers me in these types of game, on day-1 I found co-op amazing, but on day-2 with the same friend from before, but he played way more hours than me so he have better everything.

So now whenever we play, if its his mission I won't even scratch the enemies and if its my mission he will absolutely smash everybody and I won't do anything.

This is so frustrating, not to mention the guy knows everything he has to do on the missions already, I think that kills the co-op appeal pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Now on another note, something else really bothers me in these types of game, on day-1 I found co-op amazing, but on day-2 with the same friend from before, but he played way more hours than me so he have better everything.

So now whenever we play, if its his mission I won't even scratch the enemies and if its my mission he will absolutely smash everybody and I won't do anything.

This is so frustrating, not to mention the guy knows everything he has to do on the missions already, I think that kills the co-op appeal pretty quickly.
Yeah, that's something I found a little disappointing, but I half-expected it, so I'm playing it exclusively in co-op with one person to do the missions, and only teaming up with others to do the Dark Zone, I think (maybe some side-missions).

Bought "Tom Clancy’s The Division™ Gold Edition" for £21 from an Indian online store http://www.reapershop.com :)
Really hope you like it!

Last edited:
guys any major glitches? any kind?
I've not seen any yet.

The Eurogamer preview mentions a glitch where they've had their weapons disappear and become inaccessible:

I've had my gun disappear completely in the middle of a scrap on more than one occasion, an infuriating bug when you're left helpless during some of the more trying challenges.

Source: EuroGamer

But I've not had anything like that happen to me, thankfully.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's something I found a little disappointing, but I half-expected it, so I'm playing it exclusively in co-op with one person to do the missions, and only teaming up with others to do the Dark Zone, I think (maybe some side-missions).

I'm trying to convince this friend to hold up his game a bit.

I have not entered the DZ yet, I think I wanna be more experienced in the game, there are a lot of things I still don't understand, like the map.

guys any major glitches? any kind?

I'm often getting freezing enemies, but it looks like its a connection thing.

Does anyone know if it shows anywhere what region server you're on? My game is Indian Steam but I'm using a VPN with split tunnelling so even though Steam gets India Uplay/The Division gets my natural IP so should in theory place me in Sweden or EU or whatever so wondered if there was any way to know for sure?

Not sure you can turn everything off? I can't find how to turn off the "press square for HUD" reminder, I bloody know it's square I didn't forget from the 3 seconds ago when I pressed square to see it!

And I can't find where to turn off the hit detection :(

I do love that the hud elements you want to keep can be moved anywhere you want and resized, mini map in the bottom left is lest distracting for me :)

Back
Top Bottom