Tom Clancy's The Division

I'm guessing it was the delay to watchdogs that had a knock on effect.

:(.

That was my thinking too and FarCry 4 coming this fall, you don't want too many big games coming out at the same time.

Division will be their big game next Spring. End May 2015 release date.

I'd say the same thing I did about Assassins Creed, the gameplay looked a bit meh, but the atmosphere of this game is just terrific.

The presentation was also brilliant, the gameplay video got me a bit more hyped too, last year the aiming seemed a bit auto, the guns too easy, OP accessories, and stupid AI, it just looked like the average third person mechanics. Buuuut something was different this time, the guy seemed to struggle a bit to hit the targets, AI looked smarter, of course having gameplay assumptions based on a video is kinda of silly, I rather keep thinking positively.

Looking very forward to this.

Ubisoft up to their PC tricks again.

Purposely dumbing down the PC version so it isn't superior to console versions:-
"We do have to kind of keep it in check with the consoles, because it would kind of be unfair just to push it so far away from them,"

Also confirmed though is something very unique and excellent.
The console version will have customisable graphic settings for smoother gameplay.. I wish all console games had this feature as jerking in console games is a pain in the arse and nothing you can do about it.

Are the console graphics options (the ones that affect framerate) confirmed? I read the article on Eurogamer (Eurogamer - The Division has graphics settings we're not used to seeing on console) and they admitted it isn't official yet ("it's an interesting development if true and not simply part of the team's debug tools").

I'd love it to be true, though. I'll take a solid framerate over better graphics all day long.

As for the PC news, I'm sure I'd be annoyed if I was a PC gamer, but frankly, that's exactly why I'm not. It's not the first instance of this happening, and won't be the last.

Last edited:
Are the console graphics options (the ones that affect framerate) confirmed? I read the article on Eurogamer (Eurogamer - The Division has graphics settings we're not used to seeing on console) and they admitted it isn't official yet ("it's an interesting development if true and not simply part of the team's debug tools").

I'd love it to be true, though. I'll take a solid framerate over better graphics all day long.

I would love it if it was true, as there are some games I have played on my PS4 where I wish I could turn something down and just have a smoother experince. Until Dawn is the main game which springs to mind for this, graphically it is probably the best looking game I have seen on PS4 but the frame rate issues in some parts were pretty annoying and turning down a few options here and there would of made it better.

As for the PC news, I'm sure I'd be annoyed if I was a PC gamer, but frankly, that's exactly why I'm not. It's not the first instance of this happening, and won't be the last.
Only some games are dumped down for PC gamers, but always happens to be Ubisoft games.
The majority of games do look much better on PC, Battfront is the most recent that springs to mind.

Just a heads up, the open beta starts today and ends Sunday. So everyone can try the game for free this weekend. ;)

Sounds pish.

Saved myself £2 by the sounds of things when I had pre-ordered from Game at a glitched price, thankfully they cancelled it.

FD

Multiplayer - Exactly that.

Would have more fun with syphilis.

A game with no storymode for me isn't worth a single penny.

FD

Multiplayer - Exactly that.

Would have more fun with syphilis.

A game with no storymode for me isn't worth a single penny.
You know there's a large single-player element to the game, right?

You can do all the missions single-player, or with friends (all against the AI)...

I'd give the beta a try seeing as it's free. There's two single-player missions in it to try.

From what I've read it appears along the lines of Star Wars game that just came out. You have situations and that's it, once you complete then it has no bearing on the any other missions.

And I absolute love Star Wars, but that game is dung.

FD

OMG havent expected this to be so good :D

- total lag free
- game is amazingly optimized
- beautiful. THE WORLD IS THE MOST DETAILED I VE EVER SEEN IN GAME
- easy to hop in hop out
- easy to connect with your friends
- great crafting system
- AI is great
- fighting system is easy to master yet not boring somehow
- u just want to go for another mission to earn xp and develop weapons and get new clothes, develop base and such. addicting

probably the GOTY

OMG havent expected this to be so good :D

- total lag free
- game is amazingly optimized
- beautiful. THE WORLD IS THE MOST DETAILED I VE EVER SEEN IN GAME
- easy to hop in hop out
- easy to connect with your friends
- great crafting system
- AI is great
- fighting system is easy to master yet not boring somehow
- u just want to go for another mission to earn xp and develop weapons and get new clothes, develop base and such. addicting

probably the GOTY

+1 :D

I tried the beta in my ps4 and was hugely underwhelmed, lighting was terrible and bland and even doing solo missions shooting felt as if I had lag, you shoot and almost a second later the damage numbers come up... odd.

I didn't like it at all, but I played it as a single player game. I know it's not targeted to me, but still...

Back
Top Bottom