1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

To the MODS

Discussion in 'The Site' started by bloodhound, 22 September 2005.

  1. bloodhound

    bloodhound Guest

    Right, I was 'timsmith10000' and now I can't get into my account.

    So I created a new one to see if that would work - it did. I found a post from a few nights ago and it said 'timsmith10000' BANNED :shock:

    :shock: :shock: :shock:

    OK, I thought long and hard and then I remembered that in one message i called someone a P*I*K.

    I was annoyed at the time with what this person was saying. But what I did do quite soon was to edit my post. I did so and removed the offensive word.

    So I am quite suprised, I joined the forums in mid 2003 and had around 500 posts and i came on these forums often. And in one post i said one bad word (which i admit to) but then i edited it later on.

    I have seen other people do things much worse than this and have huge arguments in one topic.

    So, am i banned for life? Or for a period of time?

    If i am not allowed this account (which i created to see what the problem was) I will not be on these forums again if you dont want me here.

    I also saw it as unfair that i was banned without explanation or an email of any sort.

    I admit i was wrong and i think by editing my post i realised that.

    I am very sorry to Kingpug (who the post was directed at) and to everyone i offended.

    So mods.... am i banned for life after ONE bad word in 500 posts?

    I will look forward to a reply. Please dont ban this account until I have time to read your reply, then I will know what you have said.

    Thanks a lot guys. Sorry again. ;)
     
  2. CW

    CW C Dub Founding Member

    6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Your banning is news to me, I blame Kezz ;)

    I can find no reason for you banning in your posts over the last 24 hours.

    And you werent banned for life, it was just a short period of time. Though you have now created a new username that is a permanent banning offence :)

    Let me look into it further and I will get back to you
     
  3. Mart

    Mart Executive Janitor Staff

    28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    You were banned for a week for the provoking of kingpug, not really the "bad word." The only reason you hadn't had a mail is because I was at work when the ban went on and I can't email from there, sorry about the inconvenience. Also, you should've recieved the ban earlier (when kingpug went) but something went wrong there.

    So, your normal account will be back in a week and I'd appreciate removing this bloodhound account once you've read this.
     
  4. bloodhound

    bloodhound Guest

    yes ok, I will stay off all accounts for the week.

    CHEERS, thanks again
     
  5. Mayor

    Mayor Guest

    didn't want to open new thread for this, plus this one has a proper title

    I moved to Ireland and I had no internet access since last >3 months, I haven't logged onto evoweb that time so decision about demodding me was obvious (Just bought the laptop few days ago and I was wondering how long time elapsed 'till you noticed my dissapearing ;P)

    As I have no more acces to staff forum, just wanted to say
    Thanks for confidence lads, wish you all the best with running forum

    I still will be logging to site occasionally;
    Cheers
     
  6. Dar

    Dar Fullonrapist Staff

    21 February 2003
    Dublin
    Swords eh?

    Close enough to home, I'll have to look out for a chap walking around with a big chain and medallion around his neck. Maybe....just maybe...I'll wave. ;)
     
  7. Mayor

    Mayor Guest

    Before I moved to Swords I lived in Drumcondra first month (very quiet, nice place to live) but as whole Dublin is an european capital it's always close to gigs etc. so I liked it even better

    ps. you better don't wave to eastern-europe-looking neckers ;P You have 1 per cent of chance it'll be me and 99 per cent of chance of being squashed to the concrete;)
     

Share This Page

Welcome to Evo-Web! As a guest you can browse some of our forums. If you want to join in the discussions and get full access please sign up here.