Tips for Vista

LeeJay

Non-League
9 May 2006
Hi,

Has anyone got any tips to get the game running smoothly on Vista?

I've installed XP on an old drive and installed it on that and it is smooth as silk without having to use the frame skip option (I find this is the reason the speed changes when it feels like it and the game jerks all over the place)

I play on high details at 1600x1200.

No matter what settings I seem to choose, the game is jerky on Vista.

My setup is:
AMD Sempron 3400 (2Ghz)
Radeon X1950 Pro
1.5G Ram

Make sure you select 'High performance' in power options. I'm not sure if that is only for laptops or not but i can run smoothly on high on mine.

Also, don't have processes you don't need running running and using the processor and RAM

I have no troubles playing with vista.. have a high-end system and have been trying both 64 and 32 bits versions of vista. The new nvidia-beta drivers for Crysis (165.09 and .04) make the game run extremely smooth with hardly any fps-drops at all even during replays. Although, using those drivers I have issues with hangups when I play online. Seems like the sync between the 2 players wont work then.. :/

Cheers for that guys, I'll try that High performance option to see if it makes a difference.

If I don't have frame skip on Vista, then the game plays like it is in slow motion, it's unbearable! Saying that, you still can't get the ball off the bloody CPU when it wants to score and you can see everything it's doing in matrix style action!!

I can't believe Konami have made that statement about Vista!! Didn't they originally market the game for Vista/XP? Ah well, probably gonna upgrade to a core2 duo soon anyway.

I used Vista and hoped that my shoddy performance would have something to do with DirectX but, alas, though I've got an up-to-spec laptop in every other category my integrated graphics card just doesn't cut the mustard, and I'm having to play it in low; like a gimp.

What a calamity. Konami can lick my taint.

I experienced the same issues as yourself.

To say "It wasnt designed for Vista" is a copout.

Im playing 3 year old games designed for XP which play fine.

Seabass &*$£*£ up. Im sure it could be solved with a patch though which gives hope.

My Spec is:

AMD 3000 / Upgraded to X2 4200
2GB RAM
ATI X1950 PRO 512MB

Will be interesting to see if the 7.11 catalyst drivers offer any improvement.

Last edited:
The first patch has made the game playable without slow down on my laptop. Whether they will simplify it any more or not i am not sure.

My spec:
Core 2 Duo 7200 Processor (2.00GHz)
2GB RAM
Geforce Go 7950GTX

Back
Top Bottom