Tiger Woods 2008 (360)

D

djdoc

Hey guys, Downloaded the demo and I think this game is good! Love the Next Gen graphics I think they look awesome! they have gone back to basics with the gameplay and I thorougly enjoyed playing this demo!

Has anyone else downloaded it and played it and if so what do you guys think of it?

DJ

Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 (360)

I have. It's AMAZING.
Incredible graphics. Konami should check these 3D grass textures out.
Animations are pretty cool too.

On the downside, I wasn't able to switch to swing using the right analog stick which is pretty anoying given the boost is on the LB button. Demos...

I'll be definitely trading in my TW 2006 by the end of this month.

Last edited:

Aint half bad actually but still it's just a hi def version of whats on current gen except for faces and stuff

Next year

I actually think they have done a stirling job with the graphics on this one. Last years was merely a slight high res update but I think they have made things look a lot more life like this time around.

DJ

That's true i wen tback to it today i actually judged it off of waking up and p[laying it at 2 am LOL

what is the putting system like?

is it just a shit as the current gen version? also have they finally removed the ability to put more power/spin drives etc after you have hit the ball?

that is so unrealistic and real silly!!

Nope the after power and spin is still present and I agree it shouldnt really be there as in real life you cant add after touch to a golf ball. I personally like the putting system, you have to judge the pace and the breaks of the ball from left to right yourself.

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think EA give you enough detail on the greens myself. i think Links Putting System was much better. also on current gen the greens seem to run way too fast! do you use standard putting or alternative?

Standard putting mate.

DJ

Been playing it a bit more today, I'm very disappointed to be honest. At first I was quite chuffed with it, but there doesn't seem to be any way of judging, well, anything. You hit a shot and get it spot on, then the next time you do EXACTLY the same thing in EXACTLY the same position, it goes three miles past the flag. Then the next time it goes three miles short. And the putting... Waste of time, same as the current-gen version.

Links 2003 on the PC is still the best golf game out there in my opinion - although I've never played 2004 as I didn't have an XBOX in 2004. Is it worth getting or is it 2003 with a facelift and XBOX Live features?

Jack Bauer said:
Been playing it a bit more today, I'm very disappointed to be honest. At first I was quite chuffed with it, but there doesn't seem to be any way of judging, well, anything. You hit a shot and get it spot on, then the next time you do EXACTLY the same thing in EXACTLY the same position, it goes three miles past the flag. Then the next time it goes three miles short. And the putting... Waste of time, same as the current-gen version.

Links 2003 on the PC is still the best golf game out there in my opinion - although I've never played 2004 as I didn't have an XBOX in 2004. Is it worth getting or is it 2003 with a facelift and XBOX Live features?

never played the PC Links mate but the xbox version is a great game. i always enjoyed it more than tiger woods. it is a real shame that microsoft have dropped the Link Series. i suppose without the offical PGA license etc it is a hard job competing with Tiger Woods.

I have heard Ubisoft actually own the Links development code now so hopefully we will see it return.

Well MS sold the Links and Top Spin franchise to Take Two Interactive, hence Top Spin 2 coming out from 2K games, however after Indie Built had finished and released the game, Take Two closed Indie Built, and thus work on a new Links game went with it. Who owns the rights now is probably up in the air, I do know Indie Built staff where trying to set up themselves as independant, and were hoping to get the rights for Links from Take2, shall have to wait and see I suppose, but a new Links game is doubtful I reckon.

If thats the case then thats a big shame. Woodsy is arcadey and not exactly the most realistic of golf games (which is not too much of a bad thing if your a casual gamer as opposed to a serious Golfer) and Pro Stroke Golf well zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz this was a pile of shite and I had to switch of my PS2 before I died of terminal bored.

DJ

ive got the demo and dont really like it cos it feels like all im doing is swinging the analogue stick, it goes in general area where i want every time, swing again, same again, swing, putt.
the fact you can control the ball after youve hit it is ridiculous, it makes a relatively easy system even easier, like on approach shots you can make sure it goes pretty much in by judging where its gonna land! and the ball seems to stop stupidly fast on putts.
i really enjoyed tw2003 on pc, last one i played, but i was expecting to be amazed by this and it just felt like odd....like no skill involved....sure there is but just didnt feel like it!

i refuse to contol the ball after i have hit it. not sure if that is gonna make it harder though.

Played the PC version (which is awful for different reasons) and finished every round 10+ or more. In the 360 demo, after playing a "round" of all the demo holes, I've always got at least one eagle.

Me no likey.

Tim7 said:
Quality game. Looks incredible in HD too :)

HD WHORE ;) You are as bad as Wrighty! Samsungs SUCK! ;)

It is a good game though, usual Tiger arcadeyness (sp?) but enjoyable all the same. It is on my list.

Plays a decent enough game for me and will be a laugh on LIVE, bring it on!

kobashi said:
i refuse to contol the ball after i have hit it. not sure if that is gonna make it harder though.
May well do as usually you control the spin of the shot to make it go in the desired direction. Not just hit and hope.

DJ

I'm quite enjoying this. You can switch off the spin after you've hit the ball etc. if you don't like it and the fact that you can also put spin on it by angling your club before you take the shot means it's more realistic in that respect.

I don't agree that the shots seem random, I've been playing it a lot and if the shots go off too far it's been my fault for not factoring in wind or height of the green, getting the power wrong etc.

It's a bit rough around the edges but attacking the clones (crowd) with an errant tee shot is good fun and it'll fulfill my golfing needs for now.

Its a good, fun golf game. I have wasted many a night lately playing this on Live with a few mates, its a game that can cause a lot of swearing

CWright said:
Its a good, fun golf game. I have wasted many a night lately playing this on Live with a few mates, its a game that can cause a lot of swearing

I'm loving this game,easy pick up and play,and bloody addictive too!!!

Thats when I can get my son off (he just keeps aiming at the crowd,then pisses himself laughing).

:D

Yep it is but im with the other guys I would love it if another Links game appears on Xbox well in this case 360. Tiger Woods is a good laugh but if you want something with a bit more depth then Links is your game. For Example on Tiger the whole Aftertouch Ball Spinning that you can do is bullshit! you cant do that in real life the only way you can spin the ball is when you first hit the shot.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Yep it is but im with the other guys I would love it if another Links game appears on Xbox well in this case 360. Tiger Woods is a good laugh but if you want something with a bit more depth then Links is your game. For Example on Tiger the whole Aftertouch Ball Spinning that you can do is bullshit! you cant do that in real life the only way you can spin the ball is when you first hit the shot.

DJ

2 simple options.

1) Don't apply after touch.

2) Turn it off.

I'm with JayD. Play TW on tour pro difficulty from the start like I have and then come back and tell me it is too easy. All my stats are maxed at 60%, I can't go any higher. Yet I am really struggling to beat the next opponants in the Tiger Challenge.

It is a great game.

Ok cool I shall try this out when I get a chance to play on it.

DJ

Jack Bauer said:
What's the online mode(s) like?

Good fun. It is a lot better than the set up for last years Tiger on Live thats for sure

Back
Top Bottom