Three Broadband anywhere

FlawlessCowboy

Stunted
5 July 2004
Coventry, UK
Freedom is just a dongle away
A dongle? It's what you plug into your laptop to get Mobile Broadband from 3. It's fast, it's easy and you don't need to be anywhere near a wireless hub or hotspot. Especially as our super-fast Turbo network covers 86% of the UK population.

Freedom costs from only £10 a month
Our Mobile Broadband is available on Pay As You Go or Pay Monthly for the same low prices. So you’re completely free to pick the package that suits you best – maybe even pick up a free dongle

Just signed up to this, anyone else use it? My modem arrives tommorow :)

Click me

Not sure mate, it shows the coverage on their website.

Its arrived today (the modem) and after a fair bit of hassle setting it up, mainly because I'm using a Mac (the Windows setup looks a doddle) its fully functioning and very quick so I'm pleased :) the real test is when I use it out and about. I just tried downloading a file and got a speed of around 40kb/s which is pretty impressive considering I live out in bumpkin land haha

Yeah thats not too bad, thats about 3 times the speed of Dial Up which is usually about 10K a second for downloading stuff... 14K if your close to an Exchange. I considered this too because I would use it for my Work Laptop to download my emails etc.... Thinking about it more now.

It's a good thing no doubt but the thing is I pay £14 a month for my 8mb broadband, I don't understand why someone would then pay £10/£15 a month for a crappy connection you can only really use for browsing the web. You'd just wait until you get home.

It's a gadget I'd love to have but it's not something you really really need I don't think. Especially not when you have to pay per month. How handy will it be to browse the internet in the park anyway?

If your company paid for it fair enough, but even then, if you've got an hour off work how handy is it going to be to browse the internet? Half the time you're searching without actually doing anything anyway so why not take a PSP/DS and get a hard game finished, or a book and get some more knowledge into you?

I think it's one of those things where it's gone a bit too far - if you're a small business or whatever fair enough but for your average Joe... I think you can have too much internet!!

Yeah thats not too bad, thats about 3 times the speed of Dial Up which is usually about 10K a second for downloading stuff... 14K if your close to an Exchange. I considered this too because I would use it for my Work Laptop to download my emails etc.... Thinking about it more now.

56k modem downloading at 10-14k???????

No chance, more like 5-6k

the good old dial tone, it was a big deal to actually connect back then now just too easy with all these broadbands :D

Coopz I have seen dial up achieve download speeds of 10 - 14K before....

it must have been ISDN (2xdial-ups in parallel), which would give those sorts of speeds.

but your basic, run-of-the-mill dial-up which every man and his dog had back in the day would have given you a meagre 5k-a-second, which equated to the not so impressive 20meg-an-hour MAX!

kids don't know how lucky there are nowadays!!!

Back
Top Bottom