1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

The "What Happened To Players" Thread

Discussion in 'Football' started by Stringer Bell, 14 July 2006.

1. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Banned

12 February 2005
    London
    Does anybody know what happened to De Pedro, the Spanish winger?

He had a wicked World Cup (2002) for spain and after that i never heard nothing much from him....i think he was playing real socidad or blackburn last.

2. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    What about Cruijff's son Jordi... he was at United, then went to Alaves and played the UEFA cup final vs Liverpool, then disappeared.

3. denirobob

denirobob IBERIAN PRIMERA

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    Hi SB,

i think De Pedro played once or twice for Blackburn. I remember thinking he should of come on, during the first game of the season on Telly v S'oton a few seasons ago - when D'urso forget to send someone off.

Shame Souness didnt fancy him really, as he was superb in the season that Sociedad almost won the league

db

-

just checked wikipedia and we went to Perugia before moving to Gothenburg - which he subsequently left for personal reasons

4. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    De Pedro when in his peak was one hell of a player but the WC days were actually the beginning of the end of good times for him as he had already started going downhill in some attributes even then.

Wicked left-foot that was powerful and accurate. Good FK taker. One of Sociedad's best players. But after leaving club, he was never the same and of course his consistent injury problems didn't help him settle into his new clubs much either.

5. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    On the hype train
    Cunturipa!
    didn't he play also the 94 CL final with Barcelona? just a few minutes in the end, maybe.. or am I going wrong?

6. Big Boss

Big Boss KJH = The Hunter!

23 July 2003
    The Netherlands
    Ajax & Strasbourg
    I think he went to Espanyol after that for a year, and then kinda disappeared. But i heard he will be playing in the Ukraine next season for Metalurg Donetsk.

7. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Didnt he also play for Holland?

8. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    He did.

9. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    What happened to Ibrahim Ba ?

10. tuta

tuta Marseillais

21 November 2004
    France
    Marseille
    After a short period with Bolton, Ba went to Djurgårdens IF.
    And recently I think he went to Derby County, from what I've heard on the radio.

11. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Golden head Ba! Legend!

12. IceMan_Bergkamp

IceMan_Bergkamp Total Football

9 December 2002
    London, Toronto
    Arsenal
    He was at FC Thun as well towards the end of last January window, but now seem to have disappeared from there too.

13. Valmir

Valmir Quality, not quantity

30 October 2005
    Reading, England
    Reading
    What about Julius Aghahowa? I remember he was a big prospect and scored for Nigeria at WC2002, then what happened? :(

14. total

total International

10 December 2005
    Slovenia
    Arsenal/OGC Nice

15. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    He's been at Shakhtar for a number of years now and still there collecting big phat paychecks every week/month! :mrgreen:

16. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City
    Im sure he got badly injured and has never been fully fit since???

17. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Banned

12 February 2005
    London
    That goal Aghahowa scored for Shaktar was his only goal of the season!

@Db & PLF, Thanks for the info.

18. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Banned

12 February 2005
    London
    Another I want to know to know what happend to is Ilhan Maniz.

I remember this guy in the world cup, trying to flick balls over players heads like it was nothing lol (and scoring a couple of goals).

The last time heard of him he was playing for a Japanese club; he was big Japan.

Also is he half Asian (looks like it to me)?

19. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    I'm pretty sure hes pure Turkish. Turkey is partly Asia as it is surrounded by Asian countries in the east. There are many Turks that look Asian.

But anyway I remember he was great in WC 2002, then left Besiktas for a Japanese club....

20. Ernestito

Ernestito Q7

1 May 2003
    Berlin
    Besiktas
    his last club was ankaragücü.now he has no club.he is living in munich currently.

21. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    He's been around a few different places lately but none of them really working out for him much.

Even went to Hertha last season for a short while but then the contract was terminated.

This might help.

22. gergerger

gergerger Banned

14 March 2005
    I remember Barcelonas's Ciric. He was very skillfull and played similar to Alvaro Recoba. He then went to another La Liga club, and then I heard nothing about him.

23. Pires7

Pires7 Jumpers For Goalposts

28 July 2003
    London
    Arsenal
    What happened to Tor Andre Flo? Ex Chelsea.

24. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    He went to Siena, then I think he left back to his homeland.

25. What happened to the Uruguay attacker Ruben Sosa (once of Inter)?

26. Rentalkid

Rentalkid Premiership

5 August 2003
    Germany
    Played one season for Borussia Dortmund then left for CD Logrones. Ended his career at home in Montevideo one year ago after several years at Nacional.

27. SPiTFiRE

SPiTFiRE Eusébio forever

6 April 2004
    SL Benfica
    What happenned to Di Francheschi the Italian left midfielder ex-Sporting, He's in Chievo Verona right?

28. #08™

#08™ Guest

What happened to Claudio Lopez? Is he still around at Zaragoza? (I think that's where he is in PES5)

29. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    I think Lopez is playing his football in Mexico.

30. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    The papers said we wanted him but it never happened