The Walking Dead

bzfav.jpg

Last edited:
The Walking Dead: Episode 2 releasing “around the end of June”

Telltale has said Episode 2 of The Walking Dead will be released “around the end of June.” Speaking with Kotaku, the developer said the reason they haven’t provided a firm date for it, is it’s currently waiting on the certification process. The second episode takes place three months after the conclusion of Episode 1, and “things have gotten tenser—food is scarce, and no one in the party is a particularly good hunter.”

Is this game actually any good?
As will think about getting it in the Steam sales which start 28th June, but the problem is Telltale games are very hit and miss from game to game and episode to episode.

Is this game actually any good?
As will think about getting it in the Steam sales which start 28th June, but the problem is Telltale games are very hit and miss from game to game and episode to episode.

I really enjoyed it personally.

Silly me thinking th demo was the full first part. Im at the pharmacy at the mo and so far the story has played out great and im already going to protect clementine no matter what happens throughout. And looks like it can play out with quite a few different scenarios.

I'm biased as a huge WD fan and zombie genre fan too so was always going to be interesting for me, i also prefer this type of game to a body count game.

Obviously looks like the 2nd episode is being sat on and waiting to see the uptake on the game before moving right on with it.

So far absolutely loving it.

FD

Got the second episode today off the PSN and it was excellent. Several holy shits were had and I can't wait to play through the whole thing again once all 5 episodes are out.

My progress in EP2.
Everyone died who could have. I'm thought of as a prick by Kenny & his daughter. I fed the kids, Larry & Kenny. Good god at the goings on in that house! It reminded me a little of the film People Under The Stairs.

Ah so it's out now, just yesterday it was saying it wasn't available still on soemthing I read saying that some company SCEE (or something) was having some problems with licensing or something and that was the delay.

That's good I'll check now.

Spoiler probably below, although technically it's obviously the choices you have anyway so. So whilst I went back over one or two things just to see how it played out, I saved my first time choices:-

Have been looking after the little girl as the most important thing, went during day so no Police officer with Shaun. I opted to save the little boy, I tried to be as truthful as possible. At the choice with the woman I decided to go for the trying not to let her kill herself but that kinda went sour. And on the choice of Carley or Doug I went for Doug, my initial reaction was because she had a gun and thought she would be okay, obviously not. However now that I look at it even further, although it may not play out that way she was as thick as shit. Firstly the radio not having batteries, then even more stupid putting them in the wrong way. And lastly running past her bloody purse with the bullets in it. Thought that option would have been one of them ones at the end with speaking with Doug that you chose him because she had a gun.

FD

Bloody thing is terrible for releases. The 3rd episode is out for NA, still awaiting EU release.

Really enjoy the game though.

FD

Got the 3rd, but still not played it.

I've left it whilst I've been playing other games and will be great for the winter nights coming in.

ACtually think the game is absolutely fab.

Guess time I get round to it, the 4th epsidoe will be out.

FD

Was it ever about the puzzles? It's all about story and character development for me.

LOVE this game, really can't wait till finish it. Can see myself playing through it at least a couple times after that too.

Bit of a surprise for me, because I really couldn't get into the Back to the Future telltale game and I love the BTTF movies.

Think the episodes are out this week, believe the PS version is out too this week.

Just done Episodes 3 and 4 over the last couple of days.

Have to say I am a sucker for Zombie movies and games, especially this type of game as opposed to a button basher. My fav all-time adventure game was Blade Runner, however this is right up here with it.

The story has been brilliant, and I've been totally shocked and blown away with the last couple of episodes and what's happened.

It is an easy game to play right enough, no real puzzles as said, but don't think that's what the games about anyway.

Not sure how happy I'm gonna be with a wad of games coming out though like a conveyor belt with different characters, as heard that there could be a season 2, so not sure how much I'll be a fan of this.

Although I know I'm not gonna enjoy the end of this, can't wait to finish it up.

FD

Just finished the game.

Bloody hell, that ending! One of the best endings I've experienced in a game, had me getting all emotional and the story/acting was just done so well. I can't remember the last time I felt so attached to any characters and the end was heartbreaking.

Absolutely can't wait for season two.

What an outstanding game this has been. With episode five out of the way and how it all ended ... I think I'm now putting this as my GOTY, it's just that good.

Just finished the game.

Bloody hell, that ending! One of the best endings I've experienced in a game, had me getting all emotional and the story/acting was just done so well. I can't remember the last time I felt so attached to any characters and the end was heartbreaking.

Absolutely can't wait for season two.

What an outstanding game this has been. With episode five out of the way and how it all ended ... I think I'm now putting this as my GOTY, it's just that good.

Cool, nice one Dags.

Bought the whole season pass for the game due to the raving reviews I read around here. I played the first chapter and I must say I'm very satisfied with the game.

I love the art direction, and the quality/price relationship is very good. I really advice anyone who's still doubting to get the game and play it if you want to taste a bit of the classic old adventure feeling.

I like the way the game seems to be targeted to a mature audience and the choices are hard to make sometimes. I don't know to what extent goes replayability, but I will play the whole series once and then try different choices.

Is this based off the show with the same cast and storyline or is there new characters and plots?

Just completed the game, what a brilliant series.

I thought actually the ending was a bit quick in the end.

FD

Deserved the Game of the Year throne it won, loved Samuel Jackson on the show, hehe, his Walking Dead appearance was funny.

FD

This is shouldn't be called a video game in the first place,there is basically no gameplay at all. Just watching cutscenes and occasionaly pressing button to direct the plot.

Anyways i liked it, cuz i like the real tv show a lot.

Back
Top Bottom