The Universe

Metallica

Whoosh... Bullshit!
20 August 2003
Pissed up in Sam Platt's
Recently ive been trying to give this a thought and it is totally mind blowing. Im by no means a astronomer or have any real interest in anything like that, iv seen all the Star Wars films and thats about it. But when I think of the earth and how small it is, its just unreal! Space just goes on and on, its never ending and just to imagine how many other worlds etc there is out there is freaky. I'm sure the full understanding of it all cannot be understood by the human brain but it aint half interesting.

YouTube - The Biggest Stars In The Universe

^ Yeah!, or as Paul Calf (Steve Coogan) would say whilst starting a stand up comedy show in a wheel chair looking like Steven Hawkings : "The universe is fucking massive"

A few times in summer when I've been sitting outside at night looking up at the sky I've really confused/scared myself wondering what's going on out there and its scary how bloody small we are in reality.

And once you've started to accept the scope of the universe you can move on to superstring theory with it's eleven dimensions (one of which is time). :D

@ Jumbo,

Don't worry your pretty little head mate, all the questions will never be anwsered in our lifetime. We will be lucky to see a man on Mars. :(

But when I think of the earth and how small it is, its just unreal! Space just goes on and on, its never ending and just to imagine how many other worlds etc there is out there is freaky.
That's not right. The space has an end and doesn't goes on and on. There is just the fact, that humanity never can touch the end of the universe because of the space's velocity of propagation ;)

And if the human species doesnt destroy the planet it currently lives on! Everyone chill and lets work things out FFS.

Guys calm down!

We have to take it step by step;

First we need to sort out FIFA.
Then we need to sort out PES.
...And then we can start on the universe!

when you consider everything, you'd need to be simple to think we are the only intelligent life in this world...

i used to 'freak myself out/blow my mind' when i was younger, when doing things that i've sinced ceased to do, by imagining planet earth as being a grain of sand on a beach somewhere in australia, and then imagining how far and how long it would take to get there from the uk. and then keep multiplying it to infinity! and that's not even scratching the surface!

Back
Top Bottom