The TV Show Thread

Oh and watched that Heroes one-off thing, it was alright but wasn't really a fan of ending.

Talking about endings, finished off Black Sails, loved it, superb ending too.

FD

Ep. 16 of Twin Peaks: Phenomenal. After 12 it's only been good episodes.

And apparently 17 and 18 will be shown together as a finale.

But now I don't want it to end

Co-worker recommended a show a few weeks ago to me. It airs on Netflix and is about a man who goes undercover with the Cartel or some drug smuggling org. Forget the name of the show. Ring a bell to anybody?

There's a Canadian series called Pure about a Mennonite who goes undercover with a drug cartel, really great. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6257298/
Based on a true story as well
You're right! It is Ozark. Now that we have finished Narcos I think we'll jump into that or maybe Defenders for a nice change of pace.
if you have the time and interest,Gomorrah S 1-2 is available,s 03 coming soon,plus Suburra,the series,based on the 2015 movie which is ace,Italian series,no silver lining,just death and betrayal
Great series and movie

The season final of Twin Peaks has been going circles in my head for a while but I think I have figured it out:

Not figured it out as in understand it, far from it, I hardly have a clue what the hell happened. But I suspect that Lynch was going to wrap things up and then saw the possibility of a second season, and decided to go for a mix of WTF/Cliffhanger ending. Things are coming together in part 17 and then part 18 is just a long drive with some messed up shit thrown in and guns being fried. Now he can go on if he wants, if everything would have been solved for all characters in the end, moving on would have been almost impossible.

Will search info about Dark Matter (never heard of it).
I read a rather positive review about the series and am reading the first book, rather like it. Seems political Sci-fi.

Everybody here watched The Expanse?
Just started reading the books.

Yeah I watched it, really like it.

Right now I am watching Star Trek Next Generation for the first time. Really enjoyable stuff.
Star Trek Discovery is alright so far. Annoyingly dark though, like lightbulbs were banned on Starships since Next Generation.

Worst thing about Discovery is what they did to the Klingons *puke*, I'm a big fan of the post TOS/Pre JJ Star Trek canon though.

It is one of the reasons, I am finding it hard to get into Discovery..

They should not of changed the Klingons so much, both the way they are and the way they look...

The episodes have also been very meh, so far and I am not very keen on the main character of the show, would prefer the show to follow the whole crew and not focus on such a boring main character.

I don't know if anyone watches The Orville, but that is quite similar to the old Next Generation Star Trek. You just need to get over the fact that the jokes aren't funny, but it an average watch.

Star Trek Discovery is back with an Jonathan Frakes episode, it's solid and puts the crew in an extremely interesting situation. Best episode so far I think, Frakes is a good director.

Watched Stranger Things 2 around Christmas, very good follow up, starts slowly and is a re-tread in many ways, but still works well.

Star Trek Disco has now gone from bland to interesting to utterly mental. I am glad I stuck with it now. It's far from being a Star Trek show in the vain of the classics and it makes very little sense to have this happen before Captain Kirk and Co, but it can be enjoyed as its own thing.

Started Peaky Blinders, just finished Season 2.

Excellent show, and great its only 6 episodes per season.

Forgot about Narcos, not sure I can watch it without Pablo.

FD

Finished Peaky, excellent but still don't have it up there with the best gangster type series.
Just watched Fargo, season 3, thoroughly enjoyed it.

FD

Altered carbon was shite,worst thing I’ve seen in a while
Suppose to be the most expensive tv series ever...
Hard sun is highly recommended
Great great series

After some weird mental hangup I finally got balls deep into Breaking Bad. I had watched the first two seasons and liked them, but it wasn't until season 3 where I reached the point of no return. Amazing television, now I o ly have the last season left and am a bit sad about it to be honest!

Watched season 1 of Westworld. There is a lot to like here, but I have to admit that there was a episode 9 twist that made absolutely no sense to me. I was almost angry with this particular revelation, as when I thought about it I could not make out why it was even put in there, completely pointless.

Why did Ford make Bernard excactly like Arnold? What was the point? Sure, make a Host that programs hosts, I have no problem with that. But to make Bernard, someone that everybody thought was a human, exactly like the co-founder of the park seems like a very dangerous game. Did the corporation which was actively trying to get Ford out not actually bother to background check anything? Should they not have known what this Arnold guy looked like, or one of the hundreds of employees maybe stumble upon a picture of the dude and wonder why he was still walking around looking the same age? Were the showrunners just trying to save some money by not having to hire another actor? Bernard was not the same character as Arnold. They had a similar job and the same face, that was it.

But there is really no wonder that they messed one twist up as there are about 12 of them in the final episodes. Thankfully, the good ones are really good. Like the man with the black hat.

I'll be buying season 2 on Blu-Ray as well, as I have no other way of watching it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom