The TV Show Thread

Really enjoyed this week's True Blood. I think Bill is one of the coolest TV characters. Its slowly unfolding like Dexter season 1. Really hoping this show doesnt get panned.

Edit-

HBO's Southern-fried vampire dramedy is already given a second season.

Some of you love it, and some of you hate it (check out our Five Reasons feature on True Blood for arguments for both sides). But regardless of what you think of True Blood, know this: There will be more. HBO has already ordered a second season of the dark comedy/vampire romance from executive producer Alan Ball (Six Feet Under) after only two episodes have aired.

Bill the vampire.
The cable network apparently has seen enough to warrant committing to a second season, as the numbers from the first two episodes didn't suck. The show debuted on September 7 to 1.4 million viewers, but water-cooler talk propelled the second episode to a 24-percent jump in viewership (according to The Hollywood Reporter)--always a great sign.

Critics and viewers alike seem to be split on the blood-sucking adaptation of Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse books--even here at TV.com the show has its lovers (me) and haters (most everyone else).

Last edited:
"Chuck" is still a quality show, certainly one of my favourites :TU:

Episode 2 was one of the best of the serie. This is always good fun.

And True Blood is quality every week. Long, slow, but characters are very likeable and viva Lafayette :D.

No True Blood last night? :((

I started watching Sanctuary a few days ago, seemed really good but I fell asleep because I was so tired :(( But I enjoyed the story and the effects seem good.

Got the first season of Brotherhood to watch, apparantly it's a more violent version of The Sopranos :))

XIII: The Conspiracy

I watched the adaptation of the Franco-Belgian comics (that I've read and loved) and I'm glad with the result (it lasts only 3h).

Ok, a lot of things have changed but I think it's a good balance between a modern show and the XIII universe.

XIII = Bauer + Bourne + Fisher =good good :)

And it was nice to see the Val "Fat" Kilmer.

7+/10

Damn them for talking, they should mime more!

MARCEAU_marcel.jpg

Busy night last night, 8 eps on my to get list (Eureka is on hiatus until January) :)

showspx9.jpg

Each bookmark takes me to the TV.com episode list for the current season of the show, that way I can just do "open all tabs" for a specific day's shows to see what aired, yes I'm very organised ;))

What do you think of The Mentalist, Placebo? My workmate said it was decent enough but a bit far-fetched.

The Wife and I really enjoyed it, a lot of the silly internet chatter is "oh it's just a Psych ripoff" cos it's someone who's hyper observational helping the police solve crimes, but that's just bullshit, Sherlock Holmes was the first hyper observational detective ever so you could argue Psych is a ripoff of that, if you wanted to be silly about it ;))

But anyways without giving anything away, yes it's very enjoyable so far after two episodes, bit far fetched? Perhaps but then 99% of TV Shows are, they have to be to become TV Shows IMO, it's mostly a drama but there is a decent amount of wry humour in there which I enjoyed, decent performances by the cast and the lead is very good IMO, there's a darker edginess to it as well (don't read this unless you really don't mind a huge spoiler)
the guy used to be a sham Psychic (ala Psych) doing TV appearances and such, he pretended to be a psychic and helped the police, he was helping them track down a serial killer and he made the mistake of slagging the serial killer off on a TV chat show, so the serial killer murdered his wife and daughter, so now the guy has ditched the faux Psychic part and is 100% about helping this special investigative unit solve crimes (basically to find this serial killer if possible).
I was hooked about half way into the first episode which to me says there's something about the show :)

Another new series of the last week or two was Eleventh Hour, seemed a decent first episode but the subject matter was a bit stale IMO
basically about human cloning
, definitely one we'll keep watching for now.

I think the final new show of last week that we watched was the first episode of Life on Mars USA, neither of us were very impressed really, we loved the UK version and the US 1st episode was essentially a like for like rehash, there was nothing which gave it it's own special 70s US charm so it seemed pointless, will try this week's ep but that might be it.

Cheers, I'll give The Mentalist and Eleventh Hour a go and leave my thoughts.

I still need to get around to watching Knight Rider too. I didn't watch the pilot/movie because it got PANNED! But apparantly the series (well ep1) was much better and a lot more like the older stuff.

Did anyone watch Chuck? That last episode was ridiculous! It was good, but WAAAAAY too much advertising Madden 09! The football players, the constant cutouts, the name-drops, it really was too much and the producers sold out there. Product placement is fine, but that was OTT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean Dags about Chuck! But its always been like that. They always have shots of 360s, ipods, Wiis etc. since they work at the Buy More.

Yep, I've always spotted product placement, Wii's a lot. But that last episode was just too much, quite annoying and kinda ruined my enjoyment having to constantly see/hear Madden 09.

I watched the 1st proper episode of the new Knight Rider and thought it was shite. Poorly acted and some terrible ideas on what Kitt can now do

@DagsJT & Milabista : what about COD4 ? In every episode of Chuck, there's a reference to the game and when episode 201 was aired it was just laughable. But I liked it, it's not dusturbing for me.
With the COD5 release, and I'm sure there will be another reference ;).

CoD4 has definately had a load of coverage, though the bits about planning their attack in the game worked well because it affected the plot so much.

Watched Brotherhood 1x01 last night, quality! Definately a lot like the Soprano's but really violent at times! Definately gonna watch the rest of the episodes :DD

South Park - 1210-1211

I think season 12 is average but the last double episode was quality, fun different, long and spectacular.
The costumes were great. So funny.

True Blood - 107-108

Great and you know why ;).
LIZZY CAPLAN !!! :LOVE:
The actress that plays Tara is impressive (her mother too), that was a great idea to recast her for the role.

Back
Top Bottom