The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Usually I don't correct others though, but since this is the appropriate thread, I needed to get that off my chest! :D

I just think people should speak THEIR OWN language properly. Inexcusable if they don't. ;)

- Inflection and inflectional affixes are parts of language which indicate grammatical phenomena such as tense, gender, possession, etc. "High inflection" is a thing present in Latin or German for example. What you were referring to is called "intonation", more specifically "rising intonation".

- "your" instead of "you're" and vice versa
- "their" instead of "there" and vice versa
- "it's" instead of "its" and vice versa
- using 's for verbs in 3rd person singular or nouns in plural, e.g. hurry's or video's
- "wierd" instead of weird / "recieve" instead of receive
- "greats" instead of greets / "speach" instead of speech
- "who's" instead of "whose" and vice versa

Ah yes another gripe:

- Pedantic forum members :COP:

I just think people should speak THEIR OWN language properly. Inexcusable if they don't.

Its spelling/grammar not verbal ... oh dear, I just "did wot u did", you must have a breakdown every single day of the week, especially online. I do hope your going to edit everyone's posts in this entire forum to justify your issue :)

could have, should have, would have

Maybe this is the stock reply for your gripe .. "but couldn't be arsed". :PIRATE:

Last edited:
Its spelling/grammar not verbal ... oh dear, I just "did wot u did", you must have a breakdown every single day of the week, especially online. I do hope your going to edit everyone's posts in this entire forum to justify your issue :)

Maybe this is the stock reply for your gripe .. "but couldn't be arsed". :PIRATE:
By typing "speaking a language" I was referring to the use of language, which is very clear and you know it.

And no, I don't have a problem with anyone and I don't judge anyone based on their spelling, that's why I will never correct anybody on these forums - I posted this over here, in the rant thread. I certainly didn't mean to have a dig at you personally, just saw a few of those little gripes in your post, which in turn got me started on my post.

While I don't understand why people get offended by this, I do apologise if you did. I am just the type of person who respects language and tries to use it properly, because even if you don't realise it, the language you know today may very well change drastically in a bad way. It's also something you pass on to the next generation.

Anyway, no hard feelings - just try to respect your language. :TU:

Last edited:
And no, I don't have a problem with anyone and I don't judge anyone based on their spelling, that's why I will never correct anybody on these forums - I posted this over here, in the rant thread. I certainly didn't mean to have a dig at you personally, just saw a few of those little gripes in your post, which in turn got me started on my post.

Anyway, no hard feelings - just try to respect your language.

New gripe(s):

- People who mean well but contradict themselves
- People who mean well and become condescending

Thanks, you have helped my list expand mate :) :CALM::TU:

Last edited:
I'm sure I've said this somewhere in this thread before - people who spell "lose" as "loose". Another one is "etc." written as "ect.". How on earth can et cetera be abbreviated wrongly?

I'm sure I've said this somewhere in this thread before - people who spell "lose" as "loose". Another one is "etc." written as "ect.". How on earth can et cetera be abbreviated wrongly?

Come on though, you cant lampoon internet typo too much, I doubt many spell check and react post without reading it back, plus using tablets and phones with "clown hands" :)

Conservatives.

My addition:

- The circus of a one party state

The only thing just piss me off is konami release the last PES in 2015 on PC. (Or maybe not released)

The only thing just piss me off is konami release the last PES in 2015 on PC. (Or maybe not released)

!!!! ... is this official? I havent seen that worrying news, did I read that wrong, they are not releasing 2016 for pc?

Come on though, you cant lampoon internet typo too much, I doubt many spell check and react post without reading it back, plus using tablets and phones with "clown hands" :)
No excuse for bad spelling and punctuation. It's lazy and people will judge you. Personally, I have clown hands and find it no problem at all. I don't point out spelling individually but these errors are far too common. I need to get a "Grammar-Nazi" t-shirt!

No excuse for bad spelling and punctuation. It's lazy and people will judge you. Personally, I have clown hands and find it no problem at all. I don't point out spelling individually but these errors are far too common. I need to get a "Grammar-Nazi" t-shirt!

image.php

Oh no I have more gripes ...

- People on twitter who end every entry with an exclamation mark

- People (youngsters mainly but adults have no excuse) adding "like" everywhere in a sentence. "I soooo, like, you know ... like, kind of like, you know, find it, like, cool". ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

- People who say "like" verbally but then inject this into their typing (example above).

- Shops and small sales places that don't offer you a receipt after purchase and you have to ask for it even when the till prints it and they have it in their hand. When the F**** did not having any proof of purchase start becoming a trend? This is happening in large supermarkets too.

- Not enough staff to serve you on a till/counter because half of them are stood idle at the "self help" till section to assist users, the irony is beyond words.

- Streaming TV websites that now have adblocker script to counter it.

- Google for attempting to be everything everywhere

- Facebook and "social media" .. for its existence

How can you hate social media? Social media has it's flaws but it has impacted so many things in the World because it is pretty much impossible to censor. Twitter provides great sources of news instead of the brain-washing seen on television and in newspapers.

So a while ago now we were doing the high value counts at work and noticed 2 ipads missing. After double checking and cross reverencing the stock movements its clear they've vanished.

So they check the hidden cctv (that we aren't supposed to know exists lol) and oddly no one can be seen grabbing them without reason.

Until they see someone taking them!

we had an electrician in work a few weeks ago who was supposed to be fixing some lighting and had no business in that area of the stockroom as the broken lights were the opposite end.
The bastard is seen snooping around, looking through all the tablets and phones. Then he crouches down, stuffs 2 ipads into his jacket and then walks off.

Open and shut case right?

Except the police are now saying they cant do anything because his back is to the camera and you can't actually see him grab with his hands. Despite them being there before he hunches down and a gap after.

Fucking unbelievable

Fucking unbelievable
What the actual fuck?

I've wanted to get CCTV at home for a while but I know a few others who've done it and had similar situations to that. In-fact the only guy I know who's ever had any form of justice from CCTV has posted stills up on a Facebook group made for residents of the area, no police involved at any point.

The law's an ass.

!!!! ... is this official? I havent seen that worrying news, did I read that wrong, they are not releasing 2016 for pc?

It seems someone lied on the internet.
But don´t get happy if konami promisses big things.
When they promise big things we get small things. :D

Other thing that piss me off.
Eurovision Song Contest is a scam and fraud to my ears!

Awful news. However, I suppose it is better that it has been discovered now so the treatment can begin right away, instead of when the symptoms sickness really kicks in. (Assuming of course they weren't there already since it was not expected). Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

thanks guys, i had to get it off my chest somewhere since this isnt something you'd just tell and discuss with everyone in person.

Last edited:
Wow, mate that's some bad news. As mentioned thankful that something like that has been found to act upon it than to never know and its later down the road.

BTW you do realise its now going to be hard for the next person to post some trivial gripe here ..... I had one but .. I think I will leave it.

BTW you do realise its now going to be hard for the next person to post some trivial gripe here ..... I had one but .. I think I will leave it.
:LOL:

Yeah, I was about to post "bad coffee", but I mean, scores of people just died in a terrorist attack in Tunisia so... Maybe crap coffee isn't the end of the world...

Back
Top Bottom