1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

The Stanley Parable

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by drekkard, 3 January 2014.

1. drekkard

drekkard International

23 March 2005
    Barcelona
    Barça, Arsenal, Ajax
    This is truly one of the most brilliant, smart, hilarious and amazing experiences I've had in a long time.

It deserves to be bought through Steam, and has make it straight to my favorite game of 2013, right on the top with The last of us, GTAV and Papers,please.

It's a game and it's not a game. You freely explore or you directed as a puppet. It's a game talking about videogames, laughing about videogames. It's the work of a genius.

http://www.stanleyparable.com/

I won't put any video or image. Just go to the URL and download the demo and see for yourself.

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Golden Boot Winner

10 June 2003
    Ipswich, England
    Ipswich Town F.C.
    I listened to a couple of gaming podcasts talking about this, most notably Idle Thumbs. This sounds really interesting, I must try it.

3. drekkard

drekkard International

23 March 2005
    Barcelona
    Barça, Arsenal, Ajax
    Definitely. It's one of those games you may play one afternoon but remember for years.

4. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    Yeah I need to play this game. Saw it a few weeks ago and just loved it.

5. Scutch

Scutch Futsal Master

31 October 2006
    Cumbria, UK
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Steam had this on sale today for about £3. I bought it. Still need to build my PC of course.

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Golden Boot Winner

10 June 2003
    Ipswich, England
    Ipswich Town F.C.
    That's the spirit.

7. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

Damn, I wish I'd picked this up now in the sale - I watched a video a few weeks back and it seemed like a really clever game, stopped watching once I got the gist of it so that I can go into it without knowing too much.

I'll grab this when it's next on sale - no rush, I have an abundance of games to play already :).