Tottenham Thread

Bent hasnt struggled its just that BMJ wont start him, since he made Keane vice captain he has become untouchable and its very annoying. Keane for the most part hasnt played well this season, give Bent a run in the team. Berba is awesome but he shouldnt be untouchable either, I'm convinced that Bent and JD will score the goals but they must be given a fair chance, they deserve to start.

Bent and JD can be our Yorke n Cole!

So you'd drop Berbatov? Don't be ridiculous ffs. Spurs should never have bought Bent, too much money for a striker that they don't need, they had 3 excellent forwards in Defoe, Keane and Berbatov. Their midfield is pish.

FD

So you'd drop Berbatov? Don't be ridiculous ffs. Spurs should never have bought Bent, too much money for a striker that they don't need, they had 3 excellent forwards in Defoe, Keane and Berbatov. Their midfield is pish.

FD

i wouldnt say its posh, they just dont have that AM player they desperatley need

May I say congratulations to the jubilant Spuds fans who jumped up and down to celebrate letting four goals in on their 125th anniversary. Good luck in your next step of breaking into the big 17.

Well done to spurs on getting back into that game anyway...that was the main thing I wanted to say...great comeback well played.

FD

The whole point of having 4 top quality strikers is that if 1 or 2 aren't performing then you have 1 or 2 others to step in. I don't care what your name is if your not playing well and the team have options on the bench then you should be dropped.

If the player decides to sulk about it or knuckle down and prove his manager that he was wrong to drop him then thats his decision.

So yes I'd drop him n Keane, I want Cole n Yorke to be given a run in the team!

Sad thing is, Spurs are really good on my Pro Evo 5.
I was hoping you'd do better this year. What's gone wrong?

nothings gone wrong...

its just spurs...

see, newcastle...

also, siddy & leeds (who may have got it right this year tho...)

some teams continually have spectacular fuck ups...

no matter how much money they spend or how many managers they try...

they fuck up!

But there should be a reason Vann...
I mean people who have a lot more football knowledge than the Arsenal jokers in this thread did say that Spurs had a realistic to infiltrate the top 4 of the Premiership...
And to be honest i saw a couple of matches where they were great (Fulham and Manchester United and didn't get what they deserved...). Sometimes all you need is a litle bit of (bad) luck that results in a team on a high or on a low...

They spend all their money buying over-rated, over-priced English players...

Jenas, Bent, Dawson, Huddlestone, Lennon

I mean how much did that little lot cost them?? Spurs and their fans always have delusions of being a big club cos they think they SHOULD be in the top 4.

At best they are a club that has won the league title less than Chelsea, and that's saying something. Spurs will always been in the dark, in our shadow. Maybe if they weren't so obsessed with Arsenal and our success they might actually get somewhere in the game.

But there should be a reason Vann...
I mean people who have a lot more football knowledge than the Arsenal jokers in this thread did say that Spurs had a realistic to infiltrate the top 4 of the Premiership...
And to be honest i saw a couple of matches where they were great (Fulham and Manchester United and didn't get what they deserved...). Sometimes all you need is a litle bit of (bad) luck that results in a team on a high or on a low...

there is a reason gerd...

its just not a logical reason...

in nearly every sport there are joke teams/players/coaches....

who knows why, maybe it is luck, or lack of it...

| mean, the spurs team getting the shits on the last day of the season and losing out on champs league place to who...

arsenal....

you couldnt write it....

but more often than not, the people that run the clubs shoot themselves in the foot...

theres no luck involved in that...

Apparently Jol will step down after the Getafe game, no matter what the result is!

with Ramos taking over.

I'd be quite envious if you got Ramos. :)

He could really take you places IMO.

Wow, although having said that I'm not suprised in the slightest. Infact I thought Jol did well to keep the job under intense pressure after the Seville debacle, not the way you want a manager to leave your club especially as he has been our best manager in recent times, unfortunately he seems to have stagnated which has caused a negative affect on the team.

I wish him all the best in the future

This just says it all about Levy, this was straight after Getafe scored their 2nd goal:

Wanker!

Spurs struggled FAR more after Levy made it blatently obvious that Jol's position was untenable by looking for replacements and being caught in the process. It was embarrasing to Jol and it would have meant that the dressing room would have been waiting for the replacement in the knowledge that Jol wasn't the main man anymore.

Add to that the fact that Spurs operate a managerial structure that means the players bought aren't even neccessarily Jols players and you just have a sick joke and not a team.

If Levy never put the pressure on and put nothing was obvious to the dressing room, never pished around with the club and never put in place the managerial system- then I think Jol would have Spurs a lot higher up the table.

A lot of the spurs fans might deserve a decent team but, Levy and the board deserve a team that falls to pieces, they deserve nothing!!!

Apparently most of the subs were laughing and joking on the bench behind Jol, too.... Levy always was a smarmy little git...

I doubt that it was aimed at him.

He was the best manager we've had in years and I'll miss him, I hope the board are happy.

Feel sorry for Jol, he was a nice guy and Spurs did well under him. They're clearly having a bad patch and the way Spurs (read Levy) has handled all this Ramos business is shocking and downright rude to Jol.

In a way I hope Ramos does rubbish, so Levy realises what he's done by letting Jol go. I imagine the majority of Spurs fans aren't best pleased with Levy right now.

Levy and the rest of the board are idiots.

I saw it on the TV towards the end of the game but I honestly dont think they were laughing at him, players have a laugh between themselves on the bench all the time.

Welcome Juande Ramos, I wonder who'll get dropped first...

I saw it on the TV towards the end of the game but I honestly dont think they were laughing at him, players have a laugh between themselves on the bench all the time.

Welcome Juande Ramos, I wonder who'll get dropped first...

When your side is losing a game you don't expect to see your players laughing and joking on the bench, this is what I meant Lami, rather than them laughing at Jol... It looks bad, like they could care less about the team and are more interested in where they were going out that night... If my team were losing so poorly I'd expect the bench to look as jacked off as me..

Back
Top Bottom