Tottenham Thread

I'm not surprised they made him an offer as he is one of the best around right now but I am very disappointed that they are or were looking to get rid of BMJ after two fucking games.

:nono:

so who`s more humiliated Levy or Jol? still if he doesn`t get 4th spot he`s gone it`s really giving ENIC to find a new boss

Its all a joke - The best manager Tottenham have had for years upon years and they want to get rid of him. That is why tottenham will fail - Thats a terrible way to treat Jol.

I am an Arsenal Fan - I like the fact Tottenham are a force again so we can both compete. They are a force because of Jol (And the money he had to spend) and he should stay for a few years even if Tottenham don't get to 5th again.

Its complete bollucks who do tottenham think they are - the only man that is capable of putting Spurs to 4th is Jol - if he doesn't do it this season there is every possibility he will do it in a couple of years.

Why do people have to be so impatient. You wait all these years to get a decent manager then you want to get rid of him as soon as there is some ray of hope - Ridiculous!!

He managed a smile as he added: “I would be gutted if my missus went to Spain to meet someone else and I saw pictures of her in the papers. But I know she’d come back to me, as she can speak French, Dutch and English but not Spanish. So she could not talk to the bugger!”

:lmao:

I'm gonna be enrolling at uni when the game starts :cry:

Three out of four away games and you have played Arsenal and Man Utd in that spell as well...In and amongst that you have won 4-0 and 6-1.

You lads need to keep some perspective.

How often can you play Man Utd away, Arsenal and Bolton away in a season?

The fixtures have been Very tough for you....you need to stick with the what is your best manager in about 20 years not act like a load of turn coats because he is having one bad spell.

Not only have the fixtures been very tough, Jol has also had to cope with all the crap surrounding Levy looking at Ramos, Klinsman, Mourinho etc.

If Jol isn't hacking it in ten to fifteen games time fair enough but I mean come on wake up and give him a chance.

P.S

Moyes would have been sacked at Everton a season or so back if we had Levy.....Ferguson would never have won anything at Old Traford with Levy etc etc

The Ferguson argument can only be used so long, he had won trophies before Manchester United and they obviously trusted him to build a winning team.

We have had some tough fixtures, Arsenal and Man U, but Bolton in their current state was a must win game for us, having already lost to Sunderland and drawn with Fulham away, as well as losing at home to Everton.

Its not just the results, its Jol's team selections and subsitution decisions during games that are costing us points. If you're not a Spurs fan you wouldn't be following it as closly as those of us who are, and we can all see the same mistakes being made that have cost us points in years gone by.

I feel Jol has taken us as far as he possibly can and it is time to get a truly world class manager to come in and take us to the next level.

The Ferguson argument can only be used so long, he had won trophies before Manchester United and they obviously trusted him to build a winning team.

Wrong mate.

I am talking about the fact that the Man Utd board stuck with Ferguson for a long time when he was doing badly and then in that year then went an won the F.A cup and it all led on from there. With the attitude Levy has, if he was the director/owner of Man Utd all those years ago Ferguson would have won nothing as he would have been sacked.

We have had some tough fixtures, Arsenal and Man U, but Bolton in their current state was a must win game for us, having already lost to Sunderland and drawn with Fulham away, as well as losing at home to Everton.

Bolton away from home a must win game? Mate you are in dream land. It doesn’t matter if Bolton are not firing to well, you’re a team from London traveling all the way up to Bolton and getting a point and your moaning about it being bad is just a joke. As for us beating you (Everton), what gives you the right to beat us? We are fighting for the same places you are in the league mate…also it was one game, not the end of the world. Next time you play us maybe you will get the win such are the swings and round abouts.

Look where you were this time last season…..almost identical position.

Jol needs time and support not Levy and not fans demanding the fookin moon on a stick :(

Its not just the results, its Jol's team selections and subsitution decisions during games that are costing us points. If you're not a Spurs fan you wouldn't be following it as closly as those of us who are, and we can all see the same mistakes being made that have cost us points in years gone by.

Right so Berbatov having a bad game and missing a sitter against Arsenal is Jols fault? All the missed chances against Arsenal Jols fault?

Rubbish the players had enough chances in that match to bury arsenal twice over and in fact you played overall better than Arsenal and lost, that is the fault of the players, not the tactics. All the tactics in the world do not make Berbatov score only Berbatov can do that….what about Bent and his missed chance was that Jol too?

You only got pipped by Man Utd…..

Like I said the fixtures cannot stay like this, they just can’t….you don’t play Arsenal and Man Utd every second week and you don’t usually play three out of four games away from home.

If you want to complain about anyone why not complain about having a director of football so Jol can’t even pick his own players in the transfer market….

I feel Jol has taken us as far as he possibly can and it is time to get a truly world class manager to come in and take us to the next level.

That is a joke. Pathetic lack of support for the best manager you have had in years. You’re expectations in the short term are too high and you do not think properly about the long term and you are jumping on the Wanker Levy bandwagon.

You wont get a world class manager, you are sending out all the messages of a club where the owners and board cannot be trusted…like a bloody Heart of Midlothian. Just like Chelsea you are shooting yourselves in the foot.

I hope all spurs fans are not acting like you and clamoring for a resignation after seven games….pathetic.

I was saying that just because Ferguson suddenly turned it round, it doesn't mean that Jol is going to. I keep hearing this banded about, but Levy clearly doesn't believe Jol is the man to take the club forward, hence the searching for replacements. You also have to remember that this is a very different era in football than the late-eighties/early-nineties, and having spent big this summer (and to an extent, last summer), the board expect results.

Considering the other teams Bolton have lost to, I would expect us to win there, especially considering that we thought we would be challenging for a CL place this year. I would have taken a point against Bolton under Big Sam, but in their current situation, I feel we really should be beating them.

As for Everton at home, I know that games between our sides have been pretty even over the last few seasons, but we should be getting at least a point from you at the Lane. The fact we played so poorly in that game (our first home game of the season) was more the issue though.

Did I mention Berbatov's miss against Arsenal? Or Bent's for that matter? I assume you are referring to Berba's first chance, which was far from a sitter anyway, he had to take on Toure as he was blocking the goal.

We may have missed a few chances against Arsenal, but they completly outclassed us and missed bagfulls of chances themselves. Again at home, we should have at least put up more of a fight against them.

What I was referring to was the substitutions he makes at crucial times which make the team worse. Take today, he takes off Berbatov (the focal point of our attack, and for all intents playing well) and puts on Darren Bent. From that point in the game onwards, the ball didn't stick to our strikers and we dropped 10% of possession in that time. Similarly, he took off Robbie Keane when we were leading Fulham 3-1, despite us carving Fulham apart and looking likely to get a fourth at the time.

His midfield selections have been woefully short of ideas in certain games (Sunderland and today come to mind), and he has continued to play players in positions where they are incredibly akward (Malbranque on the right wing for instance), leading to a horrible inability to keep the ball, especially away from home.

Add to this the fact that he has failed to sort out the defensive issues we've had ever since he joined the club and you should be able to see why certain sections of the support would be content to see him leave. If you've watched pretty much every single game for the last two years and seen the same issues (lack of a left midfielder, inability to defend set pieces, no midfield support for strikers in away games, terrible substitutions, naive tactics, etc), I think it would start to grate on you too.

This is not a shortterm viewpoint, I just don't see us going anywhere further with Jol in charge.

Keane scored today yes but he shouldn't be undroppable, its really fucking annoying how JD or even £16.5 million Bent cant get a start. I thought the whole point of having 4 top quality strikers was that when 1 or 2 aren't performing so have ready made guys to come in, resulting on all four being kept on their toes n looking over their shoulders.

In Martin Jol I trust but FFS pull your finger out n make some bold decisions!!!

Bent urges Jol to give Defoe a go

Last edited:
I was saying that just because Ferguson suddenly turned it round, it doesn't mean that Jol is going to. I keep hearing this banded about, but Levy clearly doesn't believe Jol is the man to take the club forward, hence the searching for replacements. You also have to remember that this is a very different era in football than the late-eighties/early-nineties, and having spent big this summer (and to an extent, last summer), the board expect results.

Considering the other teams Bolton have lost to, I would expect us to win there, especially considering that we thought we would be challenging for a CL place this year. I would have taken a point against Bolton under Big Sam, but in their current situation, I feel we really should be beating them.

As for Everton at home, I know that games between our sides have been pretty even over the last few seasons, but we should be getting at least a point from you at the Lane. The fact we played so poorly in that game (our first home game of the season) was more the issue though.

Did I mention Berbatov's miss against Arsenal? Or Bent's for that matter? I assume you are referring to Berba's first chance, which was far from a sitter anyway, he had to take on Toure as he was blocking the goal.

We may have missed a few chances against Arsenal, but they completly outclassed us and missed bagfulls of chances themselves. Again at home, we should have at least put up more of a fight against them.

What I was referring to was the substitutions he makes at crucial times which make the team worse. Take today, he takes off Berbatov (the focal point of our attack, and for all intents playing well) and puts on Darren Bent. From that point in the game onwards, the ball didn't stick to our strikers and we dropped 10% of possession in that time. Similarly, he took off Robbie Keane when we were leading Fulham 3-1, despite us carving Fulham apart and looking likely to get a fourth at the time.

His midfield selections have been woefully short of ideas in certain games (Sunderland and today come to mind), and he has continued to play players in positions where they are incredibly akward (Malbranque on the right wing for instance), leading to a horrible inability to keep the ball, especially away from home.

Add to this the fact that he has failed to sort out the defensive issues we've had ever since he joined the club and you should be able to see why certain sections of the support would be content to see him leave. If you've watched pretty much every single game for the last two years and seen the same issues (lack of a left midfielder, inability to defend set pieces, no midfield support for strikers in away games, terrible substitutions, naive tactics, etc), I think it would start to grate on you too.

This is not a shortterm viewpoint, I just don't see us going anywhere further with Jol in charge.

7 games :roll: I repeat 7 games:roll:

MASSIVE game tonight for Jol and the boys. Villa won't be easy lads. Good luck anyway! :)

What a humping, do think Jol should be sacked.

Not more so because of results, but his inability to improve in midfield and defence. Why he spent £16m on Bent I'll never know, he could've brought in a quality defender and someone like a Riquelme who they're crying out for.

And can I say Robinson is absolute woeful, he wouldn't get a game for any SPL team, never mind the England team.

FD

I guess you lots can forget about champions league football and uefa cup as well.

Berbatov is coming off!! I didn`t know he was on

Supporting Spurs ain't easy!

But you can be proud of keeping a level head when those arround you are losing their's..to paraphrase Kipling.

Look at the facts.

Jol has been more successful than any manager at spurs for many years.

He has had two very good years

He is struggling early on this year

It doesn't mean he cannot turn it round and get to a decent position in the league

One bad season in three doesn't mean that Jol hasn't done a good job and it doesn't mean the trend is anything less than upward.

Jol has not had full control about who has been bought because Levy has notions of directors of football as a system.

Jol has been massively presurised by unfair speculation due to Levy.

Sacking Jol does not mean you will improve.

You have still only played 8 games...

After two great years, does 8 games of struggle equate to a sacking?

Great come back stick with Jol no matter what....at least for a lot longer!!

It all started when the board who gave him tons of £££ in the summer panicked after 2 games, they brought it upon themselves.

Paul Robinson's place is under serious consideration now.

It all started when the board who gave him tons of £££ in the summer panicked after 2 games, they brought it upon themselves.

Out of interest...although the board gave Jol the money;

Did they dictate the position of players to be bought as in strikers and not midfielders

And

Did the board dictate in any way who was bought?

I think this is a murkey area and not something the board have been very forthcoming on.

I mean Levy has had directors of football, he has supported this system for a long time now...so how much of the money spent is actually down to Jol anyway?

If the bought dicated position or individual to Jol and are the ones set to blame Jol that would be even worse.

I think he is a good manager who has showed great dignity and I hoep he gets through this. Remember Santini? Remember Hoddle...Pleat?

Jol has control over who is bought but Commoli (Director of Football dude) does what Frank Arneson used to do, recommending players and dealing with finalizing transfers etc. When we lost Carrick Commoli suggested Zokora and as much as I like him he is a totally different player and he is no Carrick. We have The Hudd to replace him though.

I'm not convinced that it was Jol's decision to spend £16.5 mill on Darren Bent though.

When I saw it was 3-1 I thought that was it all over! I then watched '300' on dvd (by the way - its a great film!), came back and you drew 4-4 after being down 4-1.

Credit where credits due - That is a great comeback!!

Being an Arsenal fan I take great delight seeing you struggle - but tonight shows that you won't be down there for long - don't you just love the Premiership - I sure as hell do :-)

I'm not convinced that it was Jol's decision to spend £16.5 mill on Darren Bent though.

Point is I don't think Jol has proper control over transfer policy. Even If Jol picked out Bent, did he do so because he was told to buy a forward?

See what I mean...?

As for Bent; in all honestly he will come good and it is not really Jols fault he has struggled to settle so far.

Back
Top Bottom