Tottenham Thread

No, Andy is easy to recognize from voice and accent, I doubt it was him.

It was someone else.

I agree PLF...that guy only seems to drop his 'brilliant' insights every now and then.Especially concerning french players or those whom had played in Ligue 1 before.Interesting but he should do play by play too.

What a bland performance from Spurs.I watched the game to see Keano's enthusiastic Black Cats and Spurs's new vigour for the coming season.Sunderland stuck to their tactics well and rightly got the winner in the dying minutes.Spurs were just too flat at times,no width and shaky patched up backline.Well,its only the first game innit?

I agree PLF...that guy only seems to drop his 'brilliant' insights every now and then.Especially concerning french players or those whom had played in Ligue 1 before.Interesting but he should do play by play too.

Got a name for me then, bud?

Because if I can find out his name and also be able to recognize his voice, I can from now on, avoid him by watching matches where he's not dropping his 'brilliant' ignorant insights. :rolleyes: :p :lol: ;)

I highly doubt the guy even watches Ligue 1 on a regular basis and has 'decent' knowledge of it. Let alone be a Ligue 1 spy or so-called Expert. :roll:

I've seen him say stupid things before and he did it last night a few times too. He said one dumb thing in particular though which showed me he has no clue what he's talking about and made me switch to another game. Something a guy who actually follows the French league would never say. He's a phony. A fake expert.

Seeing as how, at any given time in a weekend, I have access to several top flight games and can select from a number of them, and how I'm usually indifferent about which to watch since they're all from the top leagues anyway, I could well do without his bull$hit (incorrect) views and opinions.

Whoever can get me a name, then, I'd appreciate it.
By the way, if it helps in getting that name, I watched that match on Setanta.

Setanta? I wouldn't know then but Jon Champion is one of their commentators, I'll the dude down on the net.

Alan Parry and Andy Gray was commentary me think (it was about 7 :30 am lol)I was more shocked what Jol said about his players he said it was boring and we didn`t create nothing at all lmao

Last edited:
BMJ doesn't BS anyone, he tells it as it is, I hope he gave them a bollocking (Thats not how you spell it is?)!

Metz v Lille, Setanta Sports 1

Commentators: Ken McRobb & Derek McInne?

Last edited:
Metz v Lille, Setanta Sports 1

Commentators: Ken McRobb & Derek McInne?

I think you may have misunderstood me, tobi. (Man.. I love that avatar! KK aka Lana is so stunningly beautiful!! :drunk: )

I wasn't referring to the guy who commentates Ligue 1 matches for Setanta. That would be talking about something completely off-topic. What I'm talking about is somewhat off-topic :mrgreen: ;) because at least it has some small relation to Tottenham.

My post on last page:

Can someone tell me what the name of the '2nd' commentator for this match was?

The guy that doesn't do the play-by-play but is supposedly their analyst commentator and Ligue 1 'spy'.
(Supposedly being the KEY word :rolleyes: )

I'd like to know his name so in future, can avoid and ignore him if possible since he said a couple really dumb ignorant things which if anything proved how knowledgeable he really is :rolleyes: and I'd like to hear no more of when possible in the future by switching to another match which doesn't feature him.

Thanks in advance.

By the bolded "This", I meant the opening match (Sunderland vs. Spurs)

So I'm looking for the name of the dude who was the 2nd commentator in that match when Setanta was showing it.

Ohhh, I'll keep on looking.

Sunderland v Tottenham.........Peter Drury & Robbie Earle?

Last edited:
Did Setanta just raid ITV for all their staff?

Its not looking good for old Spurs 1-3 down at the moment to Everton.

It can't get much worse.

THIS IS NOW TOM HUDDLESTONES TEAM, JJ ISN'T PERFORMING AND SHOULD BE DROPPED, THEY ALL NEED A REALITY CHECK!

with all the talk about second season syndromes, I am suprised that noone has noticed that Berbatov may fall into a similar trap. He's a great striker with amazing instincts but I really can see him struggle to get 15goals this season especially considering the fickle nature of Jol's management and the avaliability of Bent alongside Keane and defoe.

I watched in on Setanta Sports USA (That's the channel's name)

Maybe they were getting their feed for that match from sky though?

yeah probably plf, i heard that jackass saying that kaboul basically sucks and probably wont do well in england. my mouth dropped. I think kaboul is going to be great, too bad he got hurt... He has the skills of rio, in fact he reminds me of rio...

Robbie Earle then huh?

Okay, thanks.
Robbie Earle does stuff for ITV when the Champions League games are on, and he is bloody awful. Most of the time he's just stating the obvious, "if that was on target it might have gone in", and when he voices his actual opinion (rather than spouting generic garbage) you get the feeling he's not exactly Alex Ferguson (more like David Beckham :mryellow:).

Andy Townsend does the CL stuff with him, and is only slightly better. But thankfully he's usually down on the pitch getting reactions rather than sitting in the studio/commentary box.

Saying all that, my favourite commentators will always be John Motson and Mark Lawrenson (who's in PES2008 :thumbup:), and my favourite analysts are Alan Hansen and Mark Lawrenson, which 90% of people disagree with!!

the bookies have suspended bets on martin jol being the first manager to be sacked this season.

This is IMO is a joke. Jol will not be sacked as the board know it would be a backward step for spurs.

People asking for BMJ's head are idiots!

so far the 2nd half has been boring

Taarabt is on, it wont be boring anymore.

Just to say if Spurs get rid of Jol it will be one of the most unjustified and stupid sackings in premiership history.

I hope you guys give him the chance....only two bad games afterall.

Berba could be back for Utd on Sunday and I hope they don't get rid of Jol.

Back
Top Bottom