The Spirit of '82 Lives On!

M

MonkeyJug

Belfast, 7th September 2005...

Northern Ireland 1 England 0

A result 23 years in the making. A glorious day in Northern Ireland's history...

What a game!

Change the thread title Monkey, sorry VR6 ;) lets have the Norn Iron thread, then the spirit of 82, but frankly it's amazing for the first time since 1927 we have beaten England in Belfast.

We were 22-1 to win tonight, I was in work thinking 'fucking hell thats worth a punt' but I didnt put my money were my mouth should of been. What a team display though, Norn Iron were under the cosh for so long with England having at one stage 71% possession, but we played are hearts out tonight, we proved it is just 11 v 11 in the end, and we proved one thing, our manager had tactics and a system that the team knew, unlike England who playe like a team who had met for the first time and didnt know who was meant to be doing what.

David Healy we love you!

Away in a manager, no crib for a bed, the little Lord Jesus lay down his sweet head. The stars in the bright sky looked down where HEALY, HEALY, HEALAY, HEALAY!!

We're not Brazil, We're Northern Ireland.................. ;)

Bloody well done. Those fans were amazing. It looked like the stands from a computer game, the way everybody was bouncing up and down. Cracking atmosphere for a game, the best TEAM won (note to SGE) and not a hint of malice in the air. Hope you have even greater success in the future.

Back
Top Bottom