1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

The Spirit of '82 Lives On!

Discussion in 'Football' started by MonkeyJug, 7 September 2005.

1. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

Belfast, 7th September 2005...

Northern Ireland 1 England 0

A result 23 years in the making. A glorious day in Northern Ireland's history...

What a game!

2. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Change the thread title Monkey, sorry VR6 ;) lets have the Norn Iron thread, then the spirit of 82, but frankly it's amazing for the first time since 1927 we have beaten England in Belfast.

We were 22-1 to win tonight, I was in work thinking 'fucking hell thats worth a punt' but I didnt put my money were my mouth should of been. What a team display though, Norn Iron were under the cosh for so long with England having at one stage 71% possession, but we played are hearts out tonight, we proved it is just 11 v 11 in the end, and we proved one thing, our manager had tactics and a system that the team knew, unlike England who playe like a team who had met for the first time and didnt know who was meant to be doing what.

David Healy we love you!

Away in a manager, no crib for a bed, the little Lord Jesus lay down his sweet head. The stars in the bright sky looked down where HEALY, HEALY, HEALAY, HEALAY!!

We're not Brazil, We're Northern Ireland.................. ;)

3. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Bloody well done. Those fans were amazing. It looked like the stands from a computer game, the way everybody was bouncing up and down. Cracking atmosphere for a game, the best TEAM won (note to SGE) and not a hint of malice in the air. Hope you have even greater success in the future.

4. ghazi

ghazi Guest

Amazing performance. Congrats! :applause: