The sole reason for the demise of the PES/WE series....

oFifa09o

Banned
16 September 2008
I dont want to bash or to flame the game or any people enjoying it...
But after shutting the game after a ML match in anger and rage against the cheating and "on rails" "AI" and not even attempting to touch the online part it hit me...
I shouldnt hate the game or KONAMI or Seabass....
And I think none should...
The root of all problems isnt the lack of effort or investemnt on its own...
The root of all evil thats happening to these poor declining series is one:
JAPAN
KONAMI KNOWS that Japanese will NEVER touch FIFA...and what happens when one gets a monopoly? (albeit a strange brainwashed stubborn retarded monopoly) The product quality becomes crap...
Look at how much money KONAMI has invested in MGS4...and MGS4 wont even dream to have HALF of the PES sales...
The PES/WE team NEVER EVER cared about EU or the rest of the planet...Japan is their ONLY bottom line...And they eventually will be left with just Japan console and the World PC version sales...

i think the main problem is the lack of knowledge for programming on the ps3 system..

but still i remember once seabass said its made on pc first then its ported to the other consoles..

Every game is written on PC hardware and then adapted (not ported per say) on console SDKs....you cannot write code using a console...
Oh and programming depends on the cash investment...when I see KONAMI pushing a buttload of cash to MGS4 development while it knows that it wont sell even 1/10 of the PES sales...I can clearly see that KONAMI takes PES sales for granted...because of the monopoly of the 2nd gaming market in world...JAPAN...

It's hardly a demise. Konami are doing what they've always done - fix some bits, cock up others. It's just that FIFA has a decent alternative nowadays.

Besides, in my opinion the introduction of BAL has made this the most enjoyable and addictive PES since the PSX days.

I hand it to you, japs are crazy for sure. Fanatical indeed. But for a company to completely ignore the rest of the world just because Japan likes them is foolish. I can't see it myself mate. Konami are about making money, like all other businesses, and you make more money by going international. So it only makes sense to try and keep everyone happy.

However Konami might just be so fucked up it doesn't see this, I grant you that.

Japan has nothing to do with PES/WE being poor at the moment, absolutely nothing. Seabass and his staff does. Remember something, Japan is not known to be the best country when it comes to football, yet they were able to create a footie game that would be known to be the best in history for years and years. Japan (Konami) were the first ones to deliver the best, life-like gameplay and that's what counts. Real gamers, people who know what football is never cared about WE/PES having no licenses and maybe not so good graphics but when it comes to gameplay PES/WE is the king of all kings on PS2 platform. It's a shame that PES/WE is really poor on the next gen but you can't blame Japan and their fans and hold them responsible just because PES/WE sucks. Even though PES is bad at the moment there are people that think its great. Chances are those folks live somewhere in Europe, I'm 99% sure.

Last edited:
Japan has nothing to do with PES/WE being poor at the moment, absolutely nothing. Seabass and his staff does. Remember something, Japan is not known to be the best country when it comes to football, yet they were able to create a footie game that would be known to be the best in history for years and years. Japan (Konami) were the first ones to deliver the best, life-like gameplay and that's what counts. Real gamers, people who know what football is never cared about WE/PES having no licenses and maybe not so good graphics but when it comes to gameplay PES/WE is the king of all kings on PS2 platform. It's a shame that PES/WE is really poor on the next gen but you can't blame Japan and their fans and hold them responsible just because PES/WE sucks. Even though PES is bad at the moment there are people that think its great. Chances are those folks live somewhere in Europe, I'm 99% sure.

Let me dumb it down a bit:
Japan will NEVER touch FIFA
KONAMI 0 competition in Japan
PES is a monopoly
SO KONAMI doesnt divert resources to the PES team....because the japanese will buy anything with WE on it...
Compare MGS4 budget to PES/WE budget...

Let me dumb it down a bit:
Japan will NEVER touch FIFA
KONAMI 0 competition in Japan
PES is a monopoly
SO KONAMI doesnt divert resources to the PES team....because the japanese will buy anything with WE on it...
Compare MGS4 budget to PES/WE budget...

Where is your proof that FIFA doesn't sell well in Japan.

I go to EFNet, IRCNet, and other IRC networks and go to some Japanese channels with 300+ users on it, all reside in Japan and all playing FIFA. So your info is very incorrect and doubtful. I wouldn't be surprised if FIFA 09 outsold PES 09 even in Japan.

What is the point of comparing it to MGS4? Everyone knows this title is developed by Kojima Studios. I don't even consider it Konami anymore.
Besides that, the MGS franchise comes once in 3 or 4 years. While PES comes out every year.

Where is your proof that FIFA doesn't sell well in Japan.

I go to EFNet, IRCNet, and other IRC networks and go to some Japanese channels with 300+ users on it, all reside in Japan and all playing FIFA. So your info is very incorrect and doubtful. I wouldn't be surprised if FIFA 09 outsold PES 09 even in Japan.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2471
i dont see any fifa on the charts...plus any chart from the last 12 months shows how WE brutally dominates FIFA....empirical "evidence" is ok...but stats are much better

Mehh, part of me thinks KONAMI got a bit of luck with the PES/WE/ISS engine when it first came out, and they built on from that engine. Now sadly, its looking very outdated, what they need is fresh ideas and they need to catch up with the technology. e.g - mo-cap, physics engine, and bring back all the previous stuff in the series, even the small ones, like moving left and right during throw-ins, untucked shirts, etc.

edit: get rid of teamvision :D
its all gone downhill since its introduction.

Back
Top Bottom