The "Should FreMM get a 360" thread

Should Fre buy a 360?

• Total voters
As I've said in the TV thread loads of times, I rate Samsungs and Toshibas far above the pricier competition.

I saw VGA on my old housemates tv a few mins ago when we visited the Mother In Law... fuck me his Sony Bravia looks shite! too smooth no detail whatsoever and blurry movement.....

I hope my new LG isn't shite quality when it comes. :(

Saw a couple of LG's yesterday in store and they looked crap imo...blurry, edgy, lack of detail, downscaling etc...Here's to hoping Mike

Maybe you'll get lucky mate. In all fairness, I didn't think they were the lastest models though..

I've read five user reviews of the tv I've bought and they are all positive. *fingers crossed*

Saw a couple of LG's yesterday in store and they looked crap imo...blurry, edgy, lack of detail, downscaling etc...Here's to hoping Mike
Right im going to add my bit, Shops tend to plug in AWFUL quality aerial signals to TV's like the LG's, I saw an LG running a HD video off of a Blu Ray player (similar Plassy to mine) and it looked stunning! Then towards the back of the shop they are ALL running off of the same standard Digital TV feed and they all look pretty rubbish.

Mike, when I plug VGA Devices in to my Plassy they look detailed and sharp with no real problems. I just prefer to use HDMI.

Samsung ftw!
To be honest Lami id have to disagree with you there mate. My sister and her Fiancee have got the Piano Black 42" LCD Sammy, I took my 360 Elite round there on Christmas day and plugged it in and yes the colour was nice and Rich but the whole picture lacked detail, it didnt have the same sorta sharpness as my 50"LG HD Plasma and to a degree our Sharp 42" LCD HD.....

DJ, Samsungs are better through VGA than through anything else. The picture on my Samsung is sharper than on any other TV I've seen a 360 plugged into.

Guys, it's personal preference. :) Samsung's DO rock though - the picture on mine is gorgeous WITHOUT the VGA cable!

I just phoned Dixons and my tv IS BEING DELIVERED TODAY! 32" here we come!

Got a 42" Sammy LCD and imo it's one of the best I've ever watched...Like Mike said, it's a personal preference.

I'd buy a Samsung before anything else if I had the money but I picked up this 32" LG in a sale for £439!

Id actually Pick LG 1st over Sammy due to personal preference, ive had 3 LG Plasmas and they have all been great :)

JB I see what you mean mate, its good for VGA performance. Ive never seen a VGA Feed coming through one, only HDMI or HD Component.

I'd buy a Samsung before anything else if I had the money but I picked up this 32" LG in a sale for £439!

:BY: your probably getting the bigger version of mine, I got the 27" but it cost me around £499 when i got it a while back :DOH:

They have come right down in price mate. I paid £600 for my 26" Samsung a year or two ago!

Back
Top Bottom