The Scotland Thread

Scotland did well i thought ok so it was another could have been but 1 point is better than 0 which most ppl thought we would get ....what about those italians falling all over the place but whats new .....and dont get me started on that ref:roll: ..........

the only thing that gets me about scotland though is we can nearly beat the italians but struggle against the likes of the faroe islands......:roll:

Poor performance by italy. Kenny Miller as lone striker was great, he makes smart moves. Lippi ffs keeps playing with the formation that no one ever knows what hes going to do next. We need to see more individual talent than the gay shit longballs. Cassano is one who can change the game, yet he gets cut. Atleast we're first place, if we were fighting for first place, I should be worried.

Italy were unlucky not to get a penalty, and a few players never seemed to turn up , good performance by Scotland tho shame they cant play like that against the other 90 % of avarage/poor teams :p

Milanista, this reminds me of our own problems with Eriksson. It seems our side never turns up for the second-half. God knows what he does (or doesn't do) with the players in the dressing room at half-time.

Well done to the Scots - things seem to be taking a positive step forward under Walter Smith.

Thought scotland were good yesterday,what about craig gordon,surely has to remain as our no1 goalie after that performance,I still think that garry o'connor should start alongside miller,reckon there is a few goals in the pair of them.
Good stuff though scotland,wattie smiths tartan army!!!

Delighted with the result. Would definitely have taken 1-1 before the game started.

When Scotland scored and the whole pub erupted, about halfway through cheering I just had to remind myself who I was and that it'd be silly to expect us to hold on to a lead.

After the game, some lassie was absolutely distraught. She left the pub and sat on the window outside in tears, wailing loudly, being consoled by a friend. She couldn't believe we never beat Italy. :roll:
Either that, or she was an Italy fan, absolutely distraught at drawing with Scotland! :mryellow:

:lol: LOL..........

Yep good result. Italy did have some great opportunities especially Vieri. Actually was a lucky goal in the end coming off Jackie's foot and over Gordon who pulled off a beaut of a save.

FD

Don't think we'll be going to Germany but if we get an easy enough group next time I think we will get into the Euro's and World Cup. :)

Fletcher can only get better and Miller look pretty good for both club and country. :)

Personally I think Fletcher is shit for Scotland, he was okay on Saturday, but nothing special. As is Barry Ferguson, who is lucky to get into the team, never mind captain it.

Thought the defence was brilliant, especially Weird, Hartley had a blinding 1st half, but disappeared off the radar in the 2nd, howeve Miller was MOTM and was a constant threat until he went off.

FD

Absolutley over the moon with that result and it was a great first half performance. Walter's got us playing well and these player's are now playing for their country and each other. Kenny Miller summed this up when he took that shot injured and he had an outstanding game.

Yep, excellent result and performance again.

Thought Fletcher did far better this time, but Ferguson again goes missing for me. Thought the whole defence, goalie and Kenny Miller where outstanding, Hartley was also very good.

FD

go on the scots what a result against norway, nice result for n ireland as well its a good day to be a scot living in england

Congratulations my Scottish friends, now this is a great result...i hope that this can give your team an almighty boost.

Well I expected more from Norway, tbh I would say the 2 goals were lucky, the 2nd was 100% luck, but anyway who cares. Scotland need to fix the problem they have, that is now what, the 4th goal in the last 3 games they have conceeded within the last 10 minutes?

2 from Austria
1 from Italy (not 100% sure when it was scored)
1 from Norway

Very worrying really, must be lack of fitness.

We have the best defense in the group and everyone has played the same number of games including Italy, who we've played twice! :eh:

:lol: \\:o/ FD

Carlsberg_Wed_Night_TV.jpg

LOL...nice one fd.....

well done to the boys another great performance just need to keep it up for the remaining games....

as for the english result nice to see them get beat....but typical over reaction by thier fans.....''sack the swede'' lol:roll:

well if we can play like we played against the italy and norway for the last couple of games then yes but we need other results to go our way which is a sticking point.

I think its a long shot for Norway to drop points, although u can never say never in football and think at the current standard of teams that could be runners up ie Czech, France/Ireland , Spain , Turkey god forbid England(that would b tasty ;) ) u would need to get the luck of the draw .

Imagine a qualification match between runners-up England and Scotland and Scotland winning...Jesus...this forum had to shut down for a couple of weeks...
FD would certainly get carded for his teasing postings..i remember before the 2002 there was a thread were i said that England would disappoint and i received a very polite PM from a mod "to please stop doing making postings like that"...since then i usually stay clear of England threads after another English disappointment (and let's face their national is rather good but their expectations are so exaggerated that they always are disappointed...).

:lol: LOL................

Yep, I can't wait. I think England will qualify, and will probably top their group still, however considering it's a piss easy group they've made hard work of it. As I said I can't wait for next year's WC, because I'll say it now, England have no chance and it'll be great winding that other lot up. :mrgreen:

FD

Back
Top Bottom