1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

The return of Sven

Discussion in 'Football' started by Ad16, 26 June 2007.

1. Ad16

Ad16 Premiership

13 November 2006
    Well, he's back. According the Sky, Sven-Göran Eriksson is the new manager of Manchester City.

When are peoples views? Is there still animosity toward that dastardly Swede?

Personally, I've never been a his biggest fan, as I'm sure is the case with many. However, I think he can do a good job at City. We all know that before the England debacle he proved to be a very successful club manager.

2. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    His record with England was actually really good, but obviously the tabloids don't care about that; they want affairs and scandal to report.

I even heard at one point on Sky Sports that he has the best England management record since Sir Alf Ramsey - don't know if that's true but I wouldn't doubt it.

I think he will do a great job for Man City, if it turns out to be true. Well, he can't do a worse job than Pearce, at least...

3. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    He's not known for his attacking football though and that's City's problem. Also, for England he had Beckham, Gerrard, Terry, Cole, etc playing aginst the shit of Europe in most games. He should have a good record. Can't see him doing anything myself as I don't rate him.