The Retro-PES Corner

I've made another 4 Norway 2nd Div teams tonight meaning 6 are now made and just had a 20 minute match as a little tester. Set it up as a cup. I love this game, what a match it was!

Played as Ullensaker/Kisa v Notodden. They nearly scored in the first minute but shot wide with the keeper beaten then it was scrappy but end to end at the same time with blocks and missed chances and then just before HT my keeper came out to catch a cross but collided with the defender as he was doing so and dropped the ball, their attacker shot but the keeper made a great save only for the rebound to fall for a simple tap in for them. 0-1 HT. Second half I piled on the pressure early on and hit the base of the post only for it to come back out to safety, then their keeper fumbled a shot which I followed up only to hit a defender on the line! Then they had a couple of chances that my keeper made one good save from, then they had a cross that dropped loose in the area, their striker pounced on it and hit a cracking volley inches wide. Then 5 minutes from time I won the ball of their defender and beat the keeper with the shot to equalise! Straight after that I got my midfielder through but he lacked pace and got swamped near the edge of the area. FT 1-1.

Extra time was more end to end stuff with several chances each, my closest a long range effort that flew just wide. Then I blocked a cross that looked like it was going out for a corner but made the error of standing still only for the ball to hit the corner flag giving their player a chance to cross that ended up just too long for their striker. Finally the game went to penalties and more drama. I scored the first and they missed, scored the second as did they, then I missed the third and they scored for 2-2. I got my fourth before they missed again, so it was 3-2 as I stepped up to take the fifth penalty to win it. Only to send it wide! Their fifth kick and... I saved it!

What a game.

Exactly, unless there's a solid core of "good enough" players it's highly unlikely for one to be able to get promoted. The great thing about this 2009 generation is that players like Jaric, Gutierrez, Ordaz are bound to evolve to become very decent individuals and in just a few years they'll be a part of that core.

Yep, you need the tip of the spear, as they say, some goal scorers and goal makers, and while very good default players like Espinas will have a wonder performance every four or five games, that is not enough to finish above halfway.

I am playing PES 3 on the PS2 atm, (I only have PES games up to PES 2009 and 2010) and I am really enjoying being stuck in Divsion 2 for three seasons as I can win a Div 2 Cup, which is rare, as the cup games always seem tougher and the points return is excellent for winning each round.

Jeez gents, I have been watching some more of the youtube goal highlight clips on here and I have to say I feel like the ugly football duckling. Most of my goals have always been goal mouth ping pong scrambles, a tap in off a goalie's fumble or a brute of a header from one of my 1.90 m plus giant defenders.

Does Big Sam need a set piece coach ? :shiver:

@WhoAteMeDinner I think you're in with a chance there, sounds right up his street :D

To be fair it's more like a goal of the season competition on the video's, I think most of us are probably similar for a fair amount of the goals. The computer scored a screamer against me the other night, 30 yards curling into the top corner! Rarely seen one like it from the AI before.

@WhoAteMeDinner I think you're in with a chance there, sounds right up his street :D

To be fair it's more like a goal of the season competition on the video's, I think most of us are probably similar for a fair amount of the goals. The computer scored a screamer against me the other night, 30 yards curling into the top corner! Rarely seen one like it from the AI before.

Thanks @mattmid . :BYE:

I actually have had a few AI screamer goals against too. Adriano, he of the massive left boot, slugged one in against my plucky eleven from at least 25 yards yesterday. My keeper never even twitched. :CONFUSE:

The wages at the start is over 8000. Does that mean you would need 10 wins for that?
In a league where you only play 14 games that seems very tough. Maybe the first season wouldn't be too bad as you start with 5000. I guess it would be beneficial to get promoted straight away to be able to play more games :D
it depends on your team.
it's 5000 points you start with, if your team has under 10000 wage total, and 10000 if over. the default squad in PES 5 at least has something like 8946 points at the start, I think.

also anyone remember Huygens/Oranges102, absolute ace striker (accuracy of like 80 in PES1, which is about 90 in later games), actually have the 9 number on his shirt in the PES1 default squad before they decided to make it all in order :P

it depends on your team.
it's 5000 points you start with, if your team has under 10000 wage total, and 10000 if over. the default squad in PES 5 at least has something like 8946 points at the start, I think.

also anyone remember Huygens/Oranges102, absolute ace striker (accuracy of like 80 in PES1, which is about 90 in later games), actually have the 9 number on his shirt in the PES1 default squad before they decided to make it all in order :P

Lol, PES 1 was the only PS2 generation PES game I did not buy. The games review websites back in the day were like prophets or gurus, if you like, and they said it was not as big an improvement on ISS Pro Evo on the PS1, as it needed to be. PES 2, can't remember, but by PES 3 Huygens was a bit rubbish, Castolo had the pace and shot accuracy then.

Great thread. Having finally given up on new PES with its focus on online, I've also gone back and dusted off my old PS2. A quick question, is there any real difference between the PES 2008 up to PES 2014 in terms of gameplay and ML? Thanks.

@WhoAteMeDinner - PES3 is another platform that I'll be using for a ML in the future, one of the best football simulations out there when it comes to gameplay.

@Orhainmalz - Huygens is Huylens in PES2009, and he was fantastic for me last season. He played like 6 matches and scored 4 goals, always coming off the bench to play the last fifteen minutes of the match. His attacking awareness really surprised me, he´s got that killer instinct that no other default has. Earned him a contract renewal for Season 2 even though he's 38 years old and has Evans, Gutierrez, Hamsun, Ordaz and Castolo ahead of him in the fight for the striker duo.

@reinelt97 - I'm definitely not impartial but I got to say, excellent decision! Welcome to our little retro corner man.
I have played a lot of PES 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 on the PSP, and those versions are ports of the PS2 versions, which makes me believe that PES2014 on the PSP has exactly the same content as the PS2 version, even though I never played it on the PS2. If my assumption is correct, PES2014 has the Champions League license, Copa Libertadores, Become a Legend, a variation of Become a Legend where you choose a real-life player and play a season with him.
Also a few new stadiums were introduced later on such as El Monumental, Estadio de Escorpião, Estádio da Luz, Dragão and Alvalade (Alvalade is missing on the 2014 PSP version but available on the previous versions), Wembley and Allianz Arena. I can't remember exactly but the PSP game with the most extensive list of stadiums was PES2011. In short, you have a mix of the older, classic PES stadiums such as Cuito Cuanavale, Nakhon Ratchasima and newer stadiums, which I always found it to be really cool.

ML improvements: real money instead of PES points, budget for coaching, scouting and fan base management, players who don't belong to you have their attributes hidden (either buy them or use your scout to find out their attributes, the more money you allocate for scouting the faster you'll know their statsheet), 5 top leagues in ML instead of just 4 (english, italian, spanish, dutch and french leagues with their real-life structure and rules), ML sponsors, more extensive calendar (particularly great for the transfer period, you have 26 total weeks for negotiations on the summer transfer window alone!).

Gameplay: Again, on the PSP I've always found that the later PES games were more tough, physical, and provided more midfield battles than earlier PES. Anyways, the platform of gameplay is the same except for a few improvements such as having new dribble moves ported from the then-newgen PES games. I really think that besides the dribble moves, the difference between 2008 and 2014 is not that big, at least on the PSP.

My verdict, PES2014 is definitely worth it if not just for the fact it's the very last PS2 PES. As you can see there's no outstanding revolution between 2008 and 2014 but there's a few tweaks that provide you an even more evolved experience. Those little tweaks were enough to ditch PES2008 and spent literally years playing the later PSP PES only, little things like the revamped ML calendar really make a difference in your ML save.

@miguelfcp , I found PES 2009 (PC) and PES 2010 (PS 2) to be very similar to each other and bought no more. PES 3 for me was the most groundbreaking edition, totally new gameplay engine for player movement and ball physics as well. And the controls require an exact touch, especially for shooting.

In contrast, the post-2006 stuff, as you said, are midfield battles and I also found you could pass the ball about in a pretty way for half an hour and get nowhere near the goal in PES 2009 and 2010.
Very dull gameplay.

It's been a few months since i last played them, but weren't the psp/ps2 pes 2008 onwards more arcady than pes 1-6 ? (Faster, dribbling more accurate, defence less tight, nearly no fouls)

It's been a few months since i last played them, but weren't the psp/ps2 pes 2008 onwards more arcady than pes 1-6 ? (Faster, dribbling more accurate, defence less tight, nearly no fouls)

Yeh, that is how I found them too. The control of the ball seemed too perfect in the later games, no matter what the players dribble stats. And you are right, tonnes of yellow and red cards in PES 2 to 6, and a bit of a bloodbath at times, oh how I love it. :BOUNCE:

@fmicablues7 - The dribbling is indeed more accurate from 2009 on, at least on the PSP. Double-edged sword: maybe the pre-2009 dribbling was more realistic because the ball is less "glued" to the player's feet, but post-2009 makes it even harder to defend the CPU because they're more skilled with the ball. If you ask me, I like both systems.
As for the lack of fouls, I disagree. On the PSP it's easy to get more than 5 fouls for each team in a 15 min match, and often I get more than 7/8. It also depends on your style of play and the tactics both teams are using: for example, two teams who pack the midfield will certainly produce a higher number of fouls, as in real life. As for the defense, it's as tight as I ever saw in a PES game.

@WhoAteMeDinner - If you asked me my favourite retro-PES game, I still couldn't give you an exact answer. A few months ago I decided to have a "PES2 week", followed by a "PES3 week", and so on. For a full week, I played nothing but that exact game. I'll tell you, every week was a superb gaming week. Every PES on the PS2 is a classic to me, every one of them has interesting, singular elements; and most of all, every game has a solid platform of gameplay.

EDIT: This talk about defense in later PES PSP/PS2 games reminded me of a post I did in a PES-related blog a while back, showing how evolved the defensive AI is on PES2011 PSP - all of this referring to just ONE second of actual football being played, which to me shows how complex and intelligent the AI is. For those who are interested in football tactics, I think you'll enjoy this read:

(...)
Remember what I said before about the space between the defensive and midfield lines, and how that unrealistic enormous space hurts the new-gen experience? Well, take a look at this: https://imgur.com/a/DFN5M

It’s a training session of my ML team in PES2011 PSP, playing as the yellow team. Currently we’re transitioning from offense to defense (our goal is on the left side of the screen), having lost the ball seconds ago. In the first pic, you see my centre-back following the striker’s diagonal run closely. The opposition’s CM only has one passing lane available: the RM’s wide open. As soon as the ball is passed to the RM three things happen at the same time in my defensive effort – and every one of them is AI’s work, since I’m still controlling my CM:

1st – my centre-back followed the striker’s run and is now sitting deep – won’t even appear on the second pic -, by sitting deep he denies any through pass played to the striker.

2nd – my left-back immediately closes down on the RM giving him no space to receive the ball facing our defense. If he did, he could start dribbling 1×1 with the left-back, so my guy has to force him to hold on to the ball facing the other way – facing his own goal.

3rd – But if the left-centre back sits deeper and the left-back leaves the defensive line to close down on the RM, this opens up a space between them and the opposition’s striker immediately recognizes this. He stops his forward run and stays still waiting for a pass. But the thing is, as soon as the opposition’s CM delivered the pass, my defensive midfielder was already aware that my CB was deeper than usual and my LB would close down on the RM, so he runs fast to position himself ahead of their striker, in order to close that passing lane.

Head to the 3rd pic. Their RM got the ball but my LB got there in time, so he was forced to face the other way, avoiding my player’s tight marking. My defensive midfielder sucessfully closed the passing lane to the striker, also my CM, LM and RM are now catching up to the play (they had time to do so because the opp. RM is retaining the ball, waiting for help) so their counterattack is DEAD.
What did just happen here? The AI controlling my defense and midfield closed the space between the defensive and midfield lines. All of this happened in less than ONE second of play.

The 4th pic I took is a moment where my left-back has the ball and the opposition is organized defensively. I know it’s hard to see but look at the radar below (again I’m yellow and they’re black): no space at all between the two lines of 4 (defense and midfield lines. Considering my LM is soon to be pressured by the opp. RM (actually the only two players you can see on this pic) look again at the radar and tell me: which passing lanes are open? Only two: my GK and the RCB. My attack is dead in the water.
(...)

Last edited:
There are elements from all of them which together would make the ultimate footy game.
I don't know why but I prefer the style of the early PES games. I actually don't like having a cover star or seeing them in the background.

@miguelfcp Interesting about the tactics. I can only begin to imagine how difficult the AI is to program given the enormous number of situations that can occur in any game. Oddly enough I had a situation that made me think about the AI in the last game I played. I won the ball just outside the D of the computer's box and I was facing down the pitch but had a player closing in on me from the D but I could see I could just get ahead of him in time to play in my wide player who had an opening near to the edge of the box, but in the time I made those couple of strides with the ball to open the angle up to pass, the RB who was on the edge of the box round about on the bottom edge of the D tucked back across to cover and by the time I was in position to pass all the wide man could have done was be facing the wrong way with it had I given him the ball.

In my newest option file, amongst other adjustments I have taken the player's speed and acceleration and stamina way down because I think one of the AI's biggest problems against us is that it rarely sprints whilst we, the player, tend to close down and press like a demented Liverpool team for 90 minutes. So my thinking was cut the speed right down and that will take away that advantage and I really think it's worked. This leads on to my other point on tactics, this time with the ball, not being able to press as quickly by a quick sprint at a non sprinting AI player as before, I'm really seeing the AI exploiting things.

One example was the computer CM was clear of my midfield having intercepted a pass out from the back, he had two strikers ahead who were occupied by my centre backs whilst out wide the wide midfielder was a little wider than my right back who was more or less in line with the edge of the box. As the CM advanced I had no choice other than to try to close on him a bit with my RB otherwise he'd have a clear run to the edge of the box with the CB's unable to come out to him, but I had to try to do it in a way so as not to leave a clear through ball to the wide man leaving him in on goal and it was a really one of those where you have to go but can't and in the end he did slip the pass through but fortunately it came to nothing but I thought it was very clever play by the AI.

@mattmid - That last situation you pointed out is really hard to defend. What I usually do in that situation is to force the player with the ball to face the side of the pitch that's best protected by our defense. In your case, I'd force him to face our left-side of the defense, using one of the centre-backs to close rapidly down on the player. It's true that this leaves one CB against two strikers, but if one does this rapidly the player with the ball won't have any forward passing lanes available because the CB who's tracking him is occupying that lane. Also if your sidebacks are decent enough defenders, they'll narrow down the defensive line and act like CBs once there's a CB that leaves the defensive line.

I don't have that problem now because I'm playing a back-3 :D Gets you a whole new set of problems though...particularly defending the wings, as Espimas and Ximelez are hardly competent at that. Fortunately it helps having a competitive madman such as Stein who helps a lot in either side.

Be careful with the reduction of players' stamina though, in a long-term save it could bring you problems. It sounds like you're implementing bits of PES5 into the PES6 platform, if it works it could be an amazing thing.

ML United Season 2 - Mid-season update

What a difference a trio of new, decent players does to one's team! First league match, 3-1 win with an Evans hat-trick on his debut. From then on, I was completely hyped for what we could do as a team this season. Three new players for every sector of the pitch (except the goalkeeper role, which so far had shown a surprisingly competent Ivarov) were brought in and the "core" of players I talked about early on could now begin to take shape, considering the likes of Gutierrez, Van den Berg, Stein, Jaric, El Moubarki and Baumann who had really impressed in Season One now had a few better teammates in L. Cooper the CB, Vainqueur the AMF and C. Evans the ST, all very young still.

I wasn't shy on letting this new players get a lot of minutes early on. Cooper had just turned 18, yet he got the spot that last season belonged most of the time to Libermann and occasionally Baumann/Valeny. Vainqueur immediately got Minanda's role after a decade of being the leader of the Defaults in the midfield, and C. Evans made Castolo sit on the bench in every single league match so far up until the January transfer window.
As for the rest, no changes: Ivarov; El Moubarki, Cooper, Jaric; Stein, Van den Berg, Espimas, Ximelez, Vainqueur; Gutierrez and C. Evans.

Five matches in and I'm undefeated, 4 wins and one draw. Top of the league! Evans is blowing up defenses with his speed and availability up front, forming a deadly duo with Gutierrez as these two never give in and are very dynamic up front, always exploiting space and participating actively on the build-up play. Vainqueur gives flashes of the technical player he is but from time to time disappears from the action on the pitch, needs a charisma injection by his mentor Minanda. Still when he appears he is influential, but I'm expecting more from him. As for Cooper, he still commits the odd mistake here and there but he seems to have a very high defensive IQ, because even though his defense rating is still 68, he's often where he needs to be to neutralize the opp. strikers. As I expected, he still has problems with his aerial game but makes up for it with his great positioning.
Two matches later after the first five, I lose against one of the teams I least expected to beat me, Willem II. Caught us in a bad day, nothing worked in that match. Despite that loss which dictated losing also the first place to AEK, we were able to get back up and keep on winning most of the matches - without ever losing again - to solidify our 2nd place in the league, which is the last qualifying spot for the promotion to D1. A 0-1 win against Rennes in the second-to-last fixture of the first half of the season put us comfortably 3 points ahead of them, which is great news since their team is one of the best of the league talent-wise.

1 - AEK - 26 pts
2 - ML UNITED - 24 PTS - 7W / 3D / 1L (1st in goals scored // 3rd best defense (tied with 3 other teams with 12 goals conceded)
3 - Rennes - 21 pts

Top Scorer: Evans (9); Gutierrez (5) Espimas (2)
Assist Leader: Minanda (3); Vainqueur (2)

-> Absolutely surprised with our ranking. My objective was to get more wins than losses this year but so far that hasn't been a problem. I'll admit most of our wins and draws weren't the result of spectacular, dominating performances on our behalf, in most of those matches we had less possession, less shots on goal and overall played worse than the other team, but these guys have heart. They just never quit and neither do I.
Now that we're having a bad case of promotion fever, this is about to get interesting. Besides Rennes, there's Internacional PA, Dynamo Kiev - supposedly much better than us...- and also the surprising Roda JC, all of them already conquered more than 20 points.

-> We're also in the D2 semifinals, to be played soon.

Last edited:
Great thread. Having finally given up on new PES with its focus on online, I've also gone back and dusted off my old PS2. A quick question, is there any real difference between the PES 2008 up to PES 2014 in terms of gameplay and ML? Thanks.

This is what I wrote in another post...

“I find anything after 2008 is not as good. The pitch seems not as wide, no midfield battles, no fouls, CPU just passes forward. Most times when you tackle the CPU he gets up and gets the ball back again.

The main problem for me is the CPU being too direct, not passing backwards. It is such a shame as the potential is there with Champions League and Europa League license. There are also more teams in Div 1 and 2. Even writing about it now makes me want to give the newer ones a go again but i have tried numerous times and the gameplay is not good compared to PES2008.”

Not 2008. Not arcadey at all. I get plenty of 0-0’s but also had a 4-3, 3-3 recently. So varied. Although admittedly I made global adjustments to slow it down. Plenty of fouls too.

Not 2008. Not arcadey at all. I get plenty of 0-0’s but also had a 4-3, 3-3 recently. So varied. Although admittedly I made global adjustments to slow it down. Plenty of fouls too.

I really think there is not that much difference between PES 2008 and the others subsequent PES on PS2. And IMO, these PES are more arcady than PES 3 and 5, 6 is debatable. Not talking only about speed, but also the easy dribbling. I think the fact you play a Championship league on it may hide this flaw, but playing with bigger teams, it feels very obvious to me. And i get very few fouls and injuries. It could be also my playstyle, but i get them in PES 3 for example.

Players turned very easily in PES4 and to an extent PES3. I remember dribbling through my brother's entire team with Ledley King!

The 180 degrees animation in PES 3 feels indeed very arcady, but gameplay-wise you'll get dispossessed immediately, if an opposition player stand near. So i don't mind. The cutbacks in PES 6 and subsequent PES-es though are arcady animation-wise and also gameplay-wise, because the defender will rarely block the player.

The 180 degrees animation in PES 3 feels indeed very arcady, but gameplay-wise you'll get dispossessed immediately, if an opposition player stand near. So i don't mind. The cutbacks in PES 6 and subsequent PES-es though are arcady animation-wise and also gameplay-wise, because the defender will rarely block the player.

Yep, in PES 3, agree with both @Titch and @fmicablues7 , you can make a long run down the pitch with a quick defender who is technically good across the board, but the old press by the COM team will blunt that and not easy in a five-man midfield.

And the chances of your defender blazing one into the top corner after that run are errr zilch with the super sensitive shot power, even if the player is a love child of Fabio Cannavaro and Jaap Stam, (mind you, that would be some kid). :SHOCK:

Thanks for the tips and advice to all those who replied.

I still have my save files and option files for PES 5 and 6 but having found a PS2 copy of PES 2011 I think I'll give this a go on ML as it's a brand new game to me. I'm already impressed with the presentation and ML set up. I'll be playing a few friendlies and a World Cup before starting a ML with the defaults.

I've looked around but having had no luck, does anyone know if there are any option files still around for PS2 PES? Even a basic PES 2011 PS2 one would be handy.

I really think there is not that much difference between PES 2008 and the others subsequent PES on PS2. And IMO, these PES are more arcady than PES 3 and 5, 6 is debatable. Not talking only about speed, but also the easy dribbling. I think the fact you play a Championship league on it may hide this flaw, but playing with bigger teams, it feels very obvious to me. And i get very few fouls and injuries. It could be also my playstyle, but i get them in PES 3 for example.

We had this conversation in a different thread and we will just have to agree to disagree. ;)

All i know is that i cannot play 2009 and upwards because there are no fouls and the CPU is too one directional. Even after global edits, changing tactics etc the CPU still plays the same way. You tackle them, they fall down, get up, get ball and run towards goal. In 2008 the build up is different, they play to the wings, cut back pass, long balls from defence, although admittedly the dribbling from CPU does happen a little bit more than it should. I wish they were as good as 2008 because i would play them because of the licenses and ML extras.

As you said though it probably all depends on how we play the game. So we just have to agree to disagree.

I’m enjoying reading this thread. It’s good to hear the stories from the old PES’ regardless of what PES it is.

@miguelfcp Great update Miguel, it looks very promising for promotion, although it does sound like there's a few there waiting for a slip up. I had to smile at finding out good old Minanda has more assists than the young whipper snapper trying to take his place. There's life in the old dog yet!

I have yet to test the stamina in an accumulated fatigue set up and I do think it will be too severe for that. However what I have done with the stamina is having more of an effect in game because I have also lowered mentality - because mentality as it states in the pes6 editor - the higher this value the less fatigue affects the players performance. So where I am playing 20 minutes this is leading to some fatigue showing late on and being a long enough actual real time to play out rather than perhaps just a minute or so on a 10 minute game. The other thing I have done to help with the fact that you could play an unchanged team all season is that I have set all injury levels to C. You might have noticed those three long term injuries I noted, including my own player Sandberg. It's leading to teams having 1-2 week injuries quite often which is so much more realistic for once and you get these occasional long term one's, again very realistic. It can and will really hit teams at times, imagine losing your best striker for 6 weeks mid season. It happens in the real game but never happens in PES with almost all players set to A which basically means they don't get injured.

So, although there's no accumulative fatigue set in my league, players will be missing for teams for indeterminate amounts of time throughout the season, which I think is actually better because of the bad way PES handles the fatigue, where some players can barely play two games in a row without being fatigued.

Just having a look in my league file....

After game 5
Teams with no injuries: 9 of 16
7 wks 1
5 wks 1
4 wks 1
2 wks 2
1 wk 3

Time to get on with the league this evening

Last edited:
I also have PES2008 for the PS2 but I've seldom played it, actually played it much more on the PSP with an excellent classic OF (OF classic Laziale, one of the best OFs I've ever played). I will definitely try it out later this evening to see if the PS2 2008 and 2009 versions are that noticeably different.
Again I'll refer to the PSP versions, and pretty much all of them until 2014 have the greatest amount of tough midfield battles I've ever seen in any football game, only surpassed by PES5 probably. It got to a point where my ML teams would be comprised mostly of big, tough and athletic players to gain an advantage on the pitch, sometimes even choosing them over technically gifted individuals.

As for the CPU, it's always difficult to assess how realistically they attack. If they take a lot of time in the build-up, such thing will show in the match stats with less shots on goal. If they take less time, on the pitch their game might seem rushed but in the end they get a more realistic number of shots on their behalf. For example, PES4 feels absolutely rushed if you play it nowadays but in the end it provides almost always a realistic number of shots and fouls.
So far on PES2009 PS2 I found that if the CPU finds a hole in my defense organization they'll take advantage of it. But whenever I keep shape and avoid pressuring the player with the ball mercilessly, they'll pass the ball around more to force me to commit a mistake, which I find absolutely realistic.

PES2008 PSP > PES5 and PES6 PSP, from the little time I've put into both.

Also, who's noticed that Ruskin and Hamsun have lower development curve peaks in PES6 than PES5? I'm guessing they changed the age but didn't correspondingly change the stats a bit back then

I will do a test on changing the condition to 7 or 8 regarding fatigue. Really annoys me when players can't go more than two games in a row.

@reinelt97: I've had problems with finding old option files because of the expiration of the download links, to a point where I just use the original database and roll with it. Honestly can't help you there.

@geeeeee: Glad you're enjoying it, I always say this but I encourage you and everyone to write about your adventures too, regardless of the PES versions or game modes one's playing.

@mattmid: I forgot to speak about Minanda! You're right, he's still the man. Honestly, he played only 5 or 6 games so far, no more than 20 min of game time in each, but once he steps on the pitch you notice the difference. 38 years old!

Injuries, one of the things I loved about PES5 and afterwards was toned down. Now what you needed was a "D" option for those who have more tendency to get injured than the "C" types. In PES5 you even got injuries playing short-term competitions like the World Cup, which was realistic and challenging. Anyways, it's great to see your experiment working out in a realistic way.

I'm currently playing... Iss Deluxe on snes.
There are modded roms on emulator with "real names", but they've modded rosters, stats and players. I only want to play the authentic game with players data unmodded, but only renamed...

There's a tool here: https://fecic-english.page.tl/FECIC-NAMES.htm and i've found real names here: http://pes.neoseeker.com/wiki/International_Superstar_Soccer_Deluxe_Real_Names
But the issue with the windows version of FECIC is it doesn't allow periods... Which are important for too long names (exemple : "Costacur." for Costacurta, or "D.Diaz" also).

And the Dos version allow periods, but it's unavailable. I really wanted to rename all the players for the snes version by keeping the original rosters, starting on june.

There's a PSX version of ISS Deluxe that allows to change names, but there's a bit less nostalgia on it (with "GOAL!" in 3d etc.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom