The Retro-PES Corner

Really? Looking at the database both teams are in there for sure. I can see the players and kits etc for those teams.
Maybe they are NPC team in ML? Like the all star teams in PES 4,5, or 6 (can't remember now), that you could play against every summer in preseason friendlies, youngster all stars,tall players all stars,slow allstars etc.

Well, I'm stumped.
I firstly checked Exhibition mode and there were spaces for 9 teams. 7 classics and maybe 2 all-star teams. Looked in the shop and they weren't there. HOWEVER, they appear in the editor. So I have no idea how to get them. I assumed since the shop was there that was the only way to unlock anything. Apparently not...

Well, I'm stumped.
I firstly checked Exhibition mode and there were spaces for 9 teams. 7 classics and maybe 2 all-star teams. Looked in the shop and they weren't there. HOWEVER, they appear in the editor. So I have no idea how to get them. I assumed since the shop was there that was the only way to unlock anything. Apparently not...
Weird, wonder if there supposed to be a shop entry but weren't actually implemented

I think Pes 6 is still a very good game, I personally don't like much the fact that it's faster than the previous chapters and as a result, fast/high reaction players are too strong. But other than that, with medium/low teams it's still solid fun. I was indeed toying with the idea of starting a Master on this, since the Pech 17/18 patch which I downloaded seems really good, I just have to find a good challenge to start with since they changed default guys looks and I can't bring myself to use the old fellas as usual, if their aspect isn't their old natural one :D .

I play with the speeder set at 0.96.

You could always import the original ML players on the editor to that patch :)

This is really annoying me now.
Why on earth are they in the editor and not in the game?

So strange. I’m in the middle of a World Cup with France. Hoping if I win with them the World team will be unlocked and show up in the team list in the game. As you said, there are already two available slots for them.

I can't remember if they were as ML bonus opponent but i'm pretty sure that i never unlocked them by any way. And i had won World Cup, Euro Cup and everything in Master LEague back in 2004. Also in this video below is what i said before about special selection all-star teams in pes 4-5-6 ML offseason ,that you could play only against. as far by now i search in google and youtube and nothing found. If it was possible someone would have done a post about this. Possibly their were meant to used but maybe plans changed and they left forgotten in the game data.
Check what the video poster says in 03:40. (playable only in pes and pes 2)

What a tease having them in the editor!
I have got an OF for the WC in PES6 so I might start that. Especially after watching Russia Saudi Arabia.
Is it possible to mix club teams and national teams in the Konami Cup in PES3? Saying that, is that even in PES3?

Also in PES2008 ps2 the Goliaths, Asia team (something like that anyway) and others appeared in pre season friendlies. The good thing is that these are not ‘set’ teams but also include players that i have edited. For example new tall players that i have created may appear in the Goliaths and Son (from Spurs) appeared in the Asian team. I dont see these teams appear in PESfan editor though.

I have wondered too who the extra players are in the PES6 editor? I'm surprised it wasn't possible to edit the extra teams that appear in the international challenge.

Interesting. So this is the only way you can unlock them??

@Titch and @slamsoze try this link and unlock it in your own exe. All stars become available and you can play with them :D It sucks though that you have to do it this way versus unlocking them by winning cups etc :/

Edit : Question. How do you change referee kits? All my national and club kits are good but the ugly referee kits I can’t seem to find it in data_e.

Last edited:
I have wondered too who the extra players are in the PES6 editor? I'm surprised it wasn't possible to edit the extra teams that appear in the international challenge.

Which extra players do you mean?

I can only think the international challenge teams aren't in the option file maybe?

It’s all a bit mysterious. I think it was PES 5 that had extra Japanese players with extra GK stats. You could only find these in the editor though.

i've been playing a lot of Fifa 18. So much that i've proven it's heavily scripted. It's real simple, play a game were CPU gets a red card early. You will find it harder against 10 men than 11. Why? Ball, animations, and refs are all scripted controlled by the game. Old PES doesn't scripted or cheat like that, reason it's better than today's beautiful looking games.

i've been playing a lot of Fifa 18. So much that i've proven it's heavily scripted. It's real simple, play a game were CPU gets a red card early. You will find it harder against 10 men than 11. Why? Ball, animations, and refs are all scripted controlled by the game. Old PES doesn't scripted or cheat like that, reason it's better than today's beautiful looking games.

Exactly Cheesehead, Exactly. I am playing a Master League campaign in PES 3 right now and have had results as diverse as 6 - 5 goal fests and then three or four 0 - 0 stalemates in a row. All based purely on the dynamic nature of the gameplay, wonderfully unpredictable and totally true to the game. And if you or the COM team lose a player, while not always, it does often change the game.

PES 3. :KING::KING::KING:

Imagine if everyone in the game had these hidden stats.
I know the PES editor doesn't show everything but there are definitely more editable things in the game. Does anyone have any experience in OF editing? I'd like to find a way to unlock the hidden parts in the game.

@Titch i have experience with editing PES5 and now PES2008 but only on ps2.

I havent seen many hidden things but one stat that is not in the game is, i think, “Consistency” for each player. It is different from “Form” because that is also on the same screen. I’m guessing the higher it is then the more consistent a player will play well. I am planning to give top players an 8 in my OF to see if it helps them to perform better, maybe topscorers more often etc...

Another thing that i have done in the past is edit the ML default team. Changing their names, stats, even their looks (so that Minanda would be bald!:CONFUSE:) Changing looks by opening up a second OF and then double clicking the ML player and clicking on another player from the second OF. That exports that player over the ML player.

That was great because it ment getting to know a new default team. But i have since decided to return them to the original defaults solely because of this thread :). Although i have now randomly changed their ages between 18-30 so it gives me more (or less) time to get to know them.

One thing to be careful of which was pointed out to me by @wildwind If you are into changing stats globally, it does not adjust the stats for ML Young players when they appear in the game. I had originally adjusted Speed by -15 in PES2008 because i found it too fast. But when the ML Young appear they are super fast compared to the others even though the editor shows them as slower. So i dont adjust stats globally now.

A lot of useless information i guess and all of which may be completely different in PES3 :P

Consistency was in PES 4/5 if that helps. Also Japanese/Korean players all 350 ML salary in PES 5, KONAMI are cheeky bastards :D

@geeeeee I've tinkered around with consistency and it definitely effects the up/down 'form' arrows in a league. It's the best way I found to try to get rid of the down arrows to stop the CPU changing it's team so drastically as it's frustrating when they keep leaving their best players out.

@mattmid but is that Form and not Consistency? Or are you saying that Consistency stat also affects form as well as the Form stat. :BLINK:

In PESfan editor it shows Form which is in the ingame editor but it also shows Consistency which is not in the game its like a hidden stat. I may be getting the name “Consistency” wrong, it may be called something else. I cant check though until next weekend.

If i remember right, in the PES5's official guide, they said consistency is how reliably a player can perform his duties throughout one match. Konami used to give young players low consistency, to emphasize their variable performance. On the contrary, experienced players had mostly good consistency stats.

Back
Top Bottom