The Retro-PES Corner

WTF was that defender doing in Porto's first goal????????? He literally left the attacker alone, and he was just marking him the moment before???? WTF????????????

What a disgrace of a team.

The issue in Greece i mentioned again in the past. Found today a PES2015 ps4 , sealed, priced 59,99€!!!
Asked the clerk about the price, told me it is correct 100% !!!!!:SHOCK::shiver::FISH:

Attachments

• 20190902_111025.jpg
    20190902_111025.jpg
    743.1 KB · Views: 9
Other than that, nothing to say, for how meagre and bare bones is it, this game is always a pleasure to visit for so many reasons.. would have been a wonderful base, too bad Konami never believed in this game in any possible way.
PES 2014 is probably my favourite modern PES game just for the ambition of trying to make a pure simulation now the technology allowed them to do so. It was more of a prototype as it released clearly unfinished but that would be there un-doing as the negagtive feedback from that kind of forced their hand to go the more accessible arcadeier direction they went with 15.

I remember having my mind blown when that demo leaked on PS3 in 2013 and thinking "This is it, This is the PES i always dreamed of." 5 years later and the game is very playable on PC and some of the ideas the game had really shine.

Great goals, That Beckham strike was quality. Must be a joy playing as some of those squads i can imagine. I quite like the crowd textures too. Looks like they were ripped from PES 2014 PS2.

The issue in Greece i mentioned again in the past. Found today a PES2015 ps4 , sealed, priced 59,99€!!!
Asked the clerk about the price, told me it is correct 100% !!!!!:SHOCK::shiver::FISH:
Wtf...
I've bought pes 15 probably 4 times,360 then a Xbox one version that got unplayable,then a year ago i found it at a local store for €5,and I bought two.

Is there the chance you get it from Amazon or such?
They're pretty cheap on there, when they're available.
I got copies of old PES games for PC for like 2 or 3 euros each, Xbox One copies of FIFA 14 and PES 2015 for less than 6€ each (the first games I bought when I got the One in 2017)... Problem is: not all of the games are always available and often you can't get them shipped with Prime.

Any sign of the Marseille game?

Haven't been able to get the video sorted it's coming up as a corrupt file unfortunately. The game ended 1-1.

Ben Fredj for Marseille, Cooper for Spurs. Nazaretian made a world class save as well. A scrappy game over all and probably a fair result although Spurs possibly shaded it.

Here's the run down...

Spu v Mars.JPG

and here's the rest of this weekend's games...

Ata v din.JPG

bm v fcp.JPG

lyon v tor.JPG

Some of the player positions are wrong on those as I did a bit of copy/pasting as I didn't have much time so midfield/attack positions are wrong on a couple of teams.

TABLE

table.JPG

Is there the chance you get it from Amazon or such?
They're pretty cheap on there, when they're available.
I got copies of old PES games for PC for like 2 or 3 euros each, Xbox One copies of FIFA 14 and PES 2015 for less than 6€ each (the first games I bought when I got the One in 2017)... Problem is: not all of the games are always available and often you can't get them shipped with Prime.
Yes I can, i found a pes15&pes16 euro edition sealed on e-bay at 15€.
There are sometimes that i try to avoid shipping for "technical issues".
I have done dozens of purchases for e-bay/amazon etc, but cause i live in a village neat a small town in the country, i have to usually ask for tracking codes, track through EU and greek postal system and pay some often visits to the local post office amd ask about my order. You know when you live in small towns in Greece without address these are usual problems.
And i also feel the need to support the local market from time to time. You know mixed reason nothing impossible or very easy.

And finally, i usually miss the old feeling, go to store,-> pick your product from shelf->purchase->go home & play :)

Last edited:
and here's the rest of this weekend's games...

View attachment 19161

View attachment 19162

View attachment 19163

Some of the player positions are wrong on those as I did a bit of copy/pasting as I didn't have much time so midfield/attack positions are wrong on a couple of teams.

TABLE

View attachment 19164

Great stuff. Perea was a monster this week! First hat trick?

Next week is going to be interesting ... Dinamo coping without Pavlak and Marin, top two titanic tussle and the ever present question of what will @mattmid feed Griffiths?

@sniglet :D The problem this week was every time a ball came into the box, Griffiths was busy unwrapping another twix! Serious decision to be made on whether he starts this week. I'm thinking of playing 12 men against Atalanta :SHHH:. Pavlak had another great game didn't he, particularly as he played the last quarter of an hour with an injury.

Great performance from Perea, yeah first hat-trick, lovely finish on the second(?) I think it was.

Some big interception performances this week. Pavlak topping them with 10, whilst Baro, Alfonso Sousa and Mario in the Porto midfield had 9,8 and 7 respectively!

"It's my ball" was won by Cooper of Spurs with 56 touches, second best this season to Franjic's 62 from last week. Meanwhile having evidently studied the Foul race table, Kapitanovic managed 4 fouls in his subs appearance, one of which looked very much like an elbow. Porto, yet again, fouled nobody!

@sniglet :D The problem this week was every time a ball came into the box, Griffiths was busy unwrapping another twix! Serious decision to be made on whether he starts this week. I'm thinking of playing 12 men against Atalanta :SHHH:. Pavlak had another great game didn't he, particularly as he played the last quarter of an hour with an injury.

Great performance from Perea, yeah first hat-trick, lovely finish on the second(?) I think it was.

Some big interception performances this week. Pavlak topping them with 10, whilst Baro, Alfonso Sousa and Mario in the Porto midfield had 9,8 and 7 respectively!

"It's my ball" was won by Cooper of Spurs with 56 touches, second best this season to Franjic's 62 from last week. Meanwhile having evidently studied the Foul race table, Kapitanovic managed 4 fouls in his subs appearance, one of which looked very much like an elbow. Porto, yet again, fouled nobody!

All that midfield energy and not one foul for Porto. Very impressive. The boys have done @miguelfcp proud!

Wtf...
I've bought pes 15 probably 4 times,360 then a Xbox one version that got unplayable,then a year ago i found it at a local store for €5,and I bought two.
Yeah dude, some people in Greece assume that threy are more clever than the others and that will find a "victim", to sell a 5years old game full priced.

You know when you live in small towns in Greece without address these are usual problems.
Oh, that's another story. I used to live just near an Amazon locker so it was great, they'd drop my order there and I would pick it up myself when I felt comfortable.
Now I live in a small rural town which has no Amazon locker (and where the postman isn't seen that often), but I'm still lucky as I can have the orders delivered at my workplace and pick them up at the entrance when I leave.

Nice.
If I order PES 14 will it come with the latest update?
I think somehow it comes with latest game version,with DP 1.0 or no data pack . Still not sure.Sure no live updates.
I have spoted a pes16 EURO 2016 edition PS4, (i own a PC version since dayone), 15£ on eBay UK, so since the euro dlc came on summer that year, it will sure include some updates and DPs.
But it is stil kind of mystery.

I thought it was a really tight game, Dinamo gave them very few chances but as usual a couple of clinical finishes and it's game over. Let's not forget their defence is as good as any as well, so once you were one down... I did wonder with that Resetar chance late on though, if that had fallen to Baturina maybe he'd have buried that and then with the kick off etc you might have just seen it out for the draw. By far the hardest game they've had so far though. That Dinamo back line are so quick to get to loose balls and strong in the air as well. Pavlak had 10 interceptions! But that late injury he got where he had to play on has resulted in him being injured for 3 weeks!

Every time it rains now my car seems to be covered in sand/dust!

That's strange about the emblems! I only use PC but I can't recall it happening before but perhaps I've just never noticed.

It just happened, just finished editing Sheffield Wednesday. I transferred it to the PS2 to play test and then transferred back to the PC and then the emblem went ‘fuzzy’. It’s not a problem because i just had to import the emblem back in again but it’s just an example of what happens.

upload_2019-9-3_18-6-47.jpeg upload_2019-9-3_18-7-16.jpeg

@geeeeee That's really weird! Does it lower the resolution or something? Maybe @sniglet could shed some light on it as our graphics guru?

Oh and Parrott has done nothing for Spurs so far in the Youth League. Skipp was doing really well but got an 8 week injury. Richards looks pretty good on the wing and Cooper and Maghoma in midfield. However, they are bottom of the league without a win.

Last edited:
It just happened, just finished editing Sheffield Wednesday. I transferred it to the PS2 to play test and then transferred back to the PC and then the emblem went ‘fuzzy’. It’s not a problem because i just had to import the emblem back in again but it’s just an example of what happens.

View attachment 19177 View attachment 19178

You could try compressing your transparent .png to 16 colours using https://compresspng.com/ prior to ps2 transfer.

It may be that it’s going into one of the 16 colour slots, unless I’m misunderstanding the issue completely. It’s been ages since I messed around with ps2 modding!

The above method works better than photoshop as it retains an 8bit transparency.

World Youth League

WEEK 7

Week 7 fix.JPG

As we reach the half way stage, some intriguing encounters await. Atalanta meet second placed Lyon as they attempt to complete a first half of the season clean sweep. With a 5 point lead over second placed Lyon a win here would put them in a commanding position as we enter the second half of the season.

Dinamo and Porto will look to pounce on any Lyon loss of points as both have a chance to move into second if so. Porto face a Spurs side who finally showed some form last week but still could not register a victory despite playing fellow strugglers Marseille. Dinamo face the enigmatic Bayern, who have a lot of talent but seem to be playing as individuals and have surprisingly shipped a league high 12 goals so far. Baturina, who has gone two games without a goal, will hope to add to that as his Golden Boot lead is down to one with the pack closing in.

Torino will hope to get a much needed victory after a fine point away to Lyon last week, who to that point had not dropped a point at home. They had the win in their hands until a cruel (but probably deserved) last gasp equaliser from the home side. Torino host Marseille and despite their record any win against Marseille is hard earned.

SUSPENDED

Philiponeau - Marseille

INJURED

Skipp - Tottenham 5 weeks
Petrungaoro - Torino 3 weeks
Pavlak - Dinamo Z 3 weeks
Marin - Dinamo Z 1 week.

Returned from injury and available

Marseille : Aouacharia, Ake
Lyon : Rodet
Tottenham : Bennett

There are now 31 players sitting on one booking!

Atalanta (4)
Bayern (3)
Dinamo (5)
Porto (2)
Lyon (4)
Marseille (4)
Torino (5)
Tottenham (4)

@geeeeee That's really weird! Does it lower the resolution or something? Maybe @sniglet could shed some light on it as our graphics guru?

Oh and Parrott has done nothing for Spurs so far in the Youth League. Skipp was doing really well but got an 8 week injury. Richards looks pretty good on the wing and Cooper and Maghoma in midfield. However, they are bottom of the league without a win.

Heh that does not surprise me about Spurs. It doesn't say much for their future prospects :)

You could try compressing your transparent .png to 16 colours using https://compresspng.com/ prior to ps2 transfer.

It may be that it’s going into one of the 16 colour slots, unless I’m misunderstanding the issue completely. It’s been ages since I messed around with ps2 modding!

The above method works better than photoshop as it retains an 8bit transparency.

Thanks for the link. I will give it a try.

I use a method that someone posted many moons ago which involves Photoshop and Pngoo (I think that is what it is called). I only use 16 colour slots so that I can import more emblems.

I would say that 99% of the time it is fine but after playing some games, one may (not all the time) randomly go fuzzy even though it has been fine for about 10 games or 2 weeks etc...

Like i mentioned earlier it is not a big problem because I can easily import the emblem again and then it will be ok.

Thanks again :)

Wtf...

Any ideas if there are PES 2015 option files available these days if I get a PS4 copy?

Edit : £2.99 on ebay. That's really cheap for a very good game. Bought.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom