The Retro-PES Corner

@mattmid i don’t think it affects other nationalities and you know what...i’m not even gonna bother looking because that will just take up more time.

I have decided that i will change all Japanese and South Korean players to No Nationality so that it will give them realistic salaries especially with players like Son. I can still have them play for their country in WC’s etc.

Actually that has made me think of something else. Do ‘No Nationality’ players still get called up to play for their country during ML making them miss games? Hmm...

Yes i was sad when Redknapp left and especially Bale, Modric, and van der Vaart. If Poch does leave i know Spurs will crumble. For me he is the best manager that Spurs have had in my lifetime. I know he hasnt won anything but the competition is so tough now.

Good stuff @miguelfcp it looks like a good solid challenge. Well done for getting promotion straight away. All the best in CL.

I’m guessing when the players retire you can buy new ones?

@geeeeee: I decided not to replace a player when he retires, so eventually it's going to be Game Over for me when the majority of my players end their careers. I still have a few years left before that happens, my oldest is 31 years old and I don't think I have any other player aged +30 besides that one.

Do you remember guys an urban legend, back then in pes 3-6, where some players stated that some games in PC were performing better when you had the consecutive versions installed. For example i remember reading if forums much, when pes 5 came out,that users who installed pes 5 had better performance to pes 4 or vice-versa, like animations, gameplay, physics, gamespeed, fluidity were implemented from one version to the other! :P
I believe the core of this myth was the "awkward" possibility KONAMI was offering through settings to inherit your editing, logos,emblems etc from a previous version to the next one, but due to the well known database inconsistencies and the weird pes Option File structure it never worked as it meant to be. I tried once between from pes 4 to pes 5 and once from 5 to 6, with complete failure! :P :P
But i remember a placebo i had in 2006 October-November when pes6 first came out, and i fell for this urban legend too, going between pes5 and pes6 and trying both games simultaneously or by uninstalling the first and trying solo the second, then removing the second and trying the first solo. For a period i started to believe also that one version is borrowing gameplay stuff from the other.In the end i realized that it was my placebo and nothing more but it was very fun!!! :P :P :D

@slamsoze Too bad i did ignore football games for a looong time, so i can't chip in to your post. But, i recognize a tinfoil hat when is see one... In fact, i'm wearing one right now my self !
All this talk here bout changing stats or "fixing" various stuff in the game made me quiet paranoid to be honest.

:LOL::SHOCK::SHOCK::LOL:

I'm currently watching the fella "Retro Football" his old PES 5 Master League Series on youtube, and i swear I can't wrap my head around that he literally plays the CPU teams INTO THE GROUND.Like it's a walk in the park!
I'm following it with full disbelieve:
"This can't be !!"
"He probably manipulated the stats, aha!"
"I wanna see him play LIKE THIS against MY cpu"
And hey, maybe he is.. (cause he never shows the tactical screen where you should see the player fatigue and the arrows etc). But then again he plays on 6* difficulty which i haven't tried yet and he also uses a quiet unusual formation which seems to work wonders!

I guess if a human wants to see something - he will see something...at some point. If it's true that's an other question :KING:

Do you remember guys an urban legend, back then in pes 3-6, where some players stated that some games in PC were performing better when you had the consecutive versions installed. For example i remember reading if forums much, when pes 5 came out,that users who installed pes 5 had better performance to pes 4 or vice-versa, like animations, gameplay, physics, gamespeed, fluidity were implemented from one version to the other! :P
I believe the core of this myth was the "awkward" possibility KONAMI was offering through settings to inherit your editing, logos,emblems etc from a previous version to the next one, but due to the well known database inconsistencies and the weird pes Option File structure it never worked as it meant to be. I tried once between from pes 4 to pes 5 and once from 5 to 6, with complete failure! :P :P
But i remember a placebo i had in 2006 October-November when pes6 first came out, and i fell for this urban legend too, going between pes5 and pes6 and trying both games simultaneously or by uninstalling the first and trying solo the second, then removing the second and trying the first solo. For a period i started to believe also that one version is borrowing gameplay stuff from the other.In the end i realized that it was my placebo and nothing more but it was very fun!!! :P :P :D

Man, it's incredible this theory never took foot in my country (Italy)! We believe and spread some of the worse possible bullshits ever, this isn't even so bad in regard. If somebody ever heard of that by chance, anyway, I'm sure forums in my mother language would have CRAWLED with people installing the various Pes in different orders and manners, convinced that stuff actually changes.. or elaborating on it, inventing and claiming that even renaming the game's folder do have an effect and similar stuff.. I can see it all unfold in front of me :LOL:

p.s. sorry for my disappereance from the corner but as a matter of fact I just don't have much drive to play at all lately (lately=last months). This is still a wonderful place and I hope you guys can keep it going. Might come back to narrate something if I find motivation again!

For anyone playing on WE9LE, my radar seems to be gone and I cannot make it reappear at all anymore. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Am i the only one who wished they would make old pes games for the switch? I really have little time for console gamings, switch being really the only thing i have been using lately. I wish they had a decent football game though.

Why only old?cant switch support the current or the most recent PES?
i don't like recent pes games...i wouldn't buy them in any console :-) apparently i am not the only one, sales are so bad you do wonder if they can keep making the game. Old pes on the switch would cost little to make and have a great potential in revenues.

i don't like recent pes games...i wouldn't buy them in any console :-) apparently i am not the only one, sales are so bad you do wonder if they can keep making the game. Old pes on the switch would cost little to make and have a great potential in revenues.
Yeah u read after your post about new games.One good remastered version for switch would be the We online version which was the PES 6 engine with PS3 graphics and lighting and power gauge in passing.

@miguelfcp i just get them from sofifa. I havent tried to make the tactics realistic like @Chenghis.Khan has done in his excellent thread as it would take too much time and the players stats and registered position that i used are from PSD and i know that Chenghis changed his ones to fit the formation and to make them play how they should.

Let me know if you would like me to upload it for you?

This is a link to the results from my first season in my ML https://www.mediafire.com/file/by53dkilmy6p49y/Master_League_2018-19.pdf/file

My team is Canvey Eagles. I also wrote down the scorers from the CPU games to add to the realism and i added some first names to the ML default squad. A really poor firsr season for me :(

Please let me know if there are problems opening it?

Last edited:
@geeeeee Download was fine, good reading :) A tough first season as usual with the defaults! :)

I was just wondering as you managed to convert the Amador file onto PS are you able to do it the other way as well - convert this PS option file of yours to PC? It looks really good and if you could get it converted to PC I could probably load it into the editor and do a csv export and then jiggle that around a bit and import into the pes6 editor (as the PC version of PES2008 is pants(!) unfortunately)

@geeeeee: Very interesting, enjoyed reading it mate. Glad that you put the CPU transfers there, and am surprised to see quite a few realistic deals there - Ospina to Benfica, for example, is a actually a great idea for them in real-life...

I'm checking out sofifa and it seems to be a great resource, it even has the tactical tendencies/instructions for each club...thanks for the suggestion, this is indeed great for editing.

@mattmid and @miguelfcp yes i can try to convert the one i am using over the weekend and i will upload both PC and PS2 versions. Bare in mind that it is not fully complete.

I did enough teams to start a ML (72) and many extra players but i am still going through the ‘Non-Affiliated’ players using a second option file (so as not to interfere with my ML) and there are many made up players that i have not heard of and many that are not on PSD. These players I have renamed as ‘FREE’ and changed their age to 15. So far there are about 110 of them and I still have about 20 pages of NA players to search through. Eventually I will use them when editing the rest of the teams.

Also i changed all Japanese and South Korean players to No Nationality this is so they have a ‘realistic’ price in ML otherwise they are all 350 points.

My plan with my ML was to list my players and their positions and ages before i posted the results but i got carried away. I started off really well playing on Regular and I was thinking i needed to up the difficulty but then it became so much harder.

Licerio Ordaz, :), started off so well scoring 3 in 3 but then he struggled. Guttierez didnt even score and i struggled to find his best position. But i know that in time with training the stats will improve and the game will get better.

What adds to the excitement and the imagination is adding the scores and scorers for the other teams. For example Charlie Austin’s equaliser for Southampton against West Brom in the 85th minute of the final match meant that both West Brom and Southampton failed to get promotion as Cardiff sneeked into second with a win. I worked out who scored from the Team Info page and just used a random number generator to give the time of the goals.

Zamenhof (still forget how to spell his name) also played (hurrah) against Stoke as we got a 0-0 draw as we were trying out new formations. Stoke only had 2 shots though and none were on target.

In the second season now and Bournemouth and West Ham have joined us from the EPL. My team is still poor though and a couple of times i have been really really bad in getting 3 players sent off twice because of losing. Funny thing is that in one of the matches i was 3-1 down and came back to 3-3 with 8 men. I know it will click eventually.

Oh yes, also we bought Ollie Watkins who had no club but plays for Brentford in real life. He is doing ok but i hope he will do better and form a partnership with Licerio.

Happy new Year to all retro-players.As i said before, my gaming laptop is "kaputt" the last months so my retro gaming is close to zero point. I have my old desktop,WinXp OS,decent but aged ,but it cannot anymore run any game smoothly, neither the HD modded pes games nor good emulators.
So i am basically trapped in playing PS4 only modern games (PES17-18 and 2019) beside with the respective FIFAs 17-18-19. Despite the modern graphics and rosters, the whole experience is painfull from time to time.
So i started to clear the dust from my old PC and my old!!!(by now) N3DS handheld console. As i was searching possibilities i remembered these versions of PES 6 and PES 2008
It is like a mix of ISS series from KCEO and old gameboy footy-gameplay mechanics.It is a special situation here, cause we speak about NINTENDO and KONAMI, two companies that do not loose any chance in money grabbing. Despite the gameplay of these two game ,maybe was bearable back then, but if you revisit it now from a Retro perspective, it seems that the two well-known companies just tried to manipulate the momentum of PES series back then and just grab some money from Nintendo handheld console owners. For sure it is not only KONAMI to blame ,as in that platform (NDS-N3DS), nintendo never tried to achieve the max potential of the consoles. Games like J-RPGs with older engines or old platform games ran very well and fluid but other games like FPS-action/adventure and sports were very bad implemented.

Furthermore searching in wikipedia about the last version of PES in NDS i found this info about KONAMI's philosophy, which i copy-paste directly from wikipedia and spot them in BOLD font. It depicts pretty well what problems concern KONAMI and what are their priorities

"Pro Evolution Soccer 2008[1] (PES 2008, known as World Soccer: Winning Eleven 2008 in Asia, sometimes called World Soccer: Winning Eleven 11 (PS2), only in North America) is an association football video game in Pro Evolution Soccer series by Konami. The game was announced on 18 June 2007. Its title is different from the other Pro Evolution Soccer games in that it is of a year and not a version; this was due to EA Sports' FIFA series naming their titles with two digit numbers (i.e. 07, 08) and in conclusion would seem that PES was a year behind FIFA (to non-fans which had no knowledge of the previous games of the franchise!!!!). It was released for Windows, Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360 and mobile phone. The game sold 6.37 million units worldwide"

Zamenhof (still forget how to spell his name) also played (hurrah) against Stoke as we got a 0-0 draw as we were trying out new formations. Stoke only had 2 shots though and none were on target.

A clean sheet? I'm impressed! His dad will be proud (if anyone can get hold of him to tell him) Look forward to the option file and seeing if I can transfer it over to pes 6. Might even dust off the pc version of 2008 and... what am I saying!?

For example Charlie Austin’s

This is a better example of Charlie Austin :LOL:

Hi guys, here is my PES2008 PS2 option file...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5qkua11c6x63h5g/54913_9370_NEW_FILE.max/file

This one below may work for PC but i am not 100% sure...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u6pmzu9qs3d7usg/54913_9370_NEW_FILE.xps/file

Remember this is not complete but it has enough teams and players for a good ML. Here is the list of the teams that i use and are complete...The Retro-PES Corner

I have increased Stamina by 5 to players that are registered as SB’s.

I have changed South Korean and Japanese players to No Nationality so that they have a realistic price in ML rather than 350.

Let me know how you get on. If it works or not?

Last edited:
My team is finally starting to click in my ML. I have still only won 1 game in the league after about 12 matches but i can feel the team getting better as their stats improve.

We knocked Bournemouth out of the Div 2 Cup. The first leg was 0-0 and in the 2nd leg a red arrow Castolo scored a header from a dropping ball that the GK 9.9 times out of 10 normally catches. Then they equalised and it looked like they were going through by the away goal rule until deep into injury time Guiterrez played a through ball into Castolo and he placed it past the keeper.

We played Swansea in the league. When we first met they came back from 1-0 down to win 4-1. This time we were 2-0 up at half time with our record signing Ollie Watkins with a brace and finally starting to show us why we bought him. But at the start of the second half he was hacked down and injured and we had to replace him with Ordaz. Another reason why i love retro PES is that these sub plots appear in game courtesy of my imagination. It was as if Swansea were told to injure him because he played so well in the first half and Ordaz just didnt have the same impact. Suddenly it was 2-2 and the game was on a knife edge. Both teams having chances but not able to finish. Finished 2-2.

Still bottom of the table but i feel the team is clicking.

@miguelfcp yes i think scripting is there but it is very subtle and stat based. For example Ivarov last season was making some good saves but also not able to hold on to the ball which lead to goals which you could call scripting. This season he is holding on to the ball a lot more and i have more confidence in him.

Also i played the semi final 1st leg against Southampton and they were 3-0 up in about 30 mins. I quit in a hissy fit (not something i would normally do but have been suffering from a cold and was a bit irritable). I started it up again and i concentrated more and the game finished 1-1. Feel bad about quitting if i am honest but at least i know that i was not destined to lose the match like on newer PES’

@geeeeee unfortunately I can't download it from mediafire, been tryin' since days, don't know if it's my connection having problems with the site or what, since I already had problems in the recent past. If the link is fine for everybody else as I suspect I will ask a friend this evening to try and DL it for me :THINK:

@Madmac79 hmm... that’s strange what error message comes up?

Does anybody else have this issue?

After I click on download it just keeps loading, then after some seconds it asks me if I want to repair my download, which I also tried but to no use. As I said I already had problems with some mediafire link weeks ago after I updated my connection, so it's probably only my problem..

Back
Top Bottom