Rangers Thread

foxtrot_yankee said:
Barry loves Rangers too much to leave. He's the kind of player that plays for the jersey and not the pay cheque. The guy is superb and I hope he never leaves.

Yeah I agree, captaining Rangers was his boyhood dream and now he is living it and loving every minute of it, he wont leave, even if his brother keeps trying to make him :-) Derek was some player as well...

Derek has always been in the media telling Barry he has to leave Rangers, to play in England or Spain to prove himself. Thankfully Bazza aint having none of it and is staying where his heart is!

Also it was good to hear today that the Chairman has said any money we bring in from transfers will be give to McLeish to buy in replacements.

What about Shota? any news on his condition after he collapsed?

Sad to read Numan has left Ibrox with a sour taste after the contract talks ended in a bad way, shame as he was a great servant to the club. And a really nice bloke :l

Shota started coughing up blood on the Georgia team bus in Dublin.

He was discharged from hospital yesterday and is back home in Georgia where he's recovering.

-----------------

Mikel Arteta won't be happy now. Rangers say he wants to leave. He says he wants to stay.

Rangers have released quotes from the meeting.
"...‘Does this mean Mikel now wishes to move on?’ His agent replied ‘Yes’ and that he would like to work with the club to find a suitable new deal that would benefit the player."

We don't need this. I would prefer Mikel to stay. If he says he wants to stay then let him stay. Those business bastards upstairs just want rid of him so they can get a few bob.

-----------------

Oh yeah and Nuno Capucho is coming to Glasgow next week for talks about a move to Rangers.

Capucho would be a great signing I am sure

Plus it would also mean at least one player in Glasgow has a UEFA cup winners medal :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

foxtrot_yankee said:
Oh yeah and Nuno Capucho is coming to Glasgow next week for talks about a move to Rangers.

Yet another cast-off joining the SPL. :D

Reading today that Arteta had demanded Barry Ferguson's role in the middle of the park and he was rightly told no chance and that seems the reason why he is up for sale. If we get £6 million as reported for him then its a good deal. Also those Arabs are back in for DeBoer :-( If we lose him it would be a killer. Amo is expected to sign for Blackburn next week but the saddest news is that Konterman is also leaving hahahahahha

Apparently Mols has rejected the contract offer. It was too much of a wage drop. 50% although I heard elsewhere it was 33%. He says he wants to stay though. I hope they get it sorted. :D

If a player asks to leave, he waives the right to a percentage of his transfer fee. Perhaps this is why Arteta is denying that he asked to leave.

BOADC said:
Apparently Mols has rejected the contract offer. It was too much of a wage drop. 50% although I heard elsewhere it was 33%. He says he wants to stay though. I hope they get it sorted. :D

he agreed a one year deal to stay with them, isnt he like 32 now anyways?

Mols was set to be a legend at Rangers until that b@stard Kahn clobbered him :x :x :x

Aye Kahn's a twat.

I see Derek Ferguson is in the papers again telling his wee brother that he has to move to the Premiership if he wants to become the complete midfielder.

are Rangers in the 3rd Qualifing round (ie last one before group stage) of tyhe Champions Lg ?? and Celtic in the round before that (2nd Qualifing round) ?? Does anyone know when the draws for these are made ??

foxtrot_yankee said:

I see Derek Ferguson is in the papers again telling his wee brother that he has to move to the Premiership if he wants to become the complete midfielder.
Derek ferguson is just a money grabbing bastard, He's pushing for a transfer just so he'll get a cut of Bazza's fee.

King Henrik suffered a double-leg break and came back to win the Golden Boot ;).

Seriously tho, hate to say it but Mols was sh!t hot before that injury, but it was a 50/50, hardly a bad challenge. I mind he scored 4 vs Dunfermline at Ibrox, all crackers too, he was much quicker and more agile back then.

A broken leg is easy enough to recover from, it was a clean break, cruciate ligament damage is a lot worse and Mols aint been the same since, Kahn is a knob it was out of order and still that night hurts as we should have beat them!!

Derek Ferguson can say it all he like as Bazza has made it clear he aint going nowhere!

Yeah I know I'm only kidding.

Can't agree on Kahn being a "knob", it was a 50/50 challenge and there wasn't even a foul given for it. I also agree you should have won that game, GVB hit the post I remember and Kahn made some stunning saves, perhaps the reason your hatred of him is so apparent ;).

He is still a knob as it was about 35 yards out on the friggin touchline, what the hell is he doing there in the first place? We got robbed that night as we did when we should have beat them at Ibrox as well :x Diving cheats :mrgreen:

I think bazza will be playing alongside stevie G very soon. ;)

Mols hit the post with a header too didn't he, in that game?

I reckon Mols would have scored about 40 goals or so that season. He was amazing. I'm glad he's signed on for another year.

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:

Nah. Not for at least three seasons anyway...

"Rangers chairman John McClelland has insisted today that there are absolutely no plans to sell captain Barry Ferguson, firmly nailing press reports that Fergie could be heading to the Premiership.

<snip>

Ferguson, of course, has only recently signed a new, lucrative contract with Rangers which ties him to the club until 2006 and he will be here for the duration.

McClelland said: "These newspaper reports regarding our captain Barry Ferguson are utter nonsense. "Barry is the cornerstone of our team as well as being our captain. He is a player who is not only valued by the club but also by our fans. "He is simply not for sale and he he is fully committed to a long career at Rangers Football Club."

:D

Mols was one on one with Kahn tho, that's why he was 35 yards out. He won the ball and it was a fair challenge, it was just unfortunate that Mols got injured. Who scored the goal for Bayern at Ibrox, Santa Cruz?

foxtrot_yankee said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:

Nah. Not for at least three seasons anyway...

"Rangers chairman John McClelland has insisted today that there are absolutely no plans to sell captain Barry Ferguson, firmly nailing press reports that Fergie could be heading to the Premiership.

<snip>

Ferguson, of course, has only recently signed a new, lucrative contract with Rangers which ties him to the club until 2006 and he will be here for the duration.

McClelland said: "These newspaper reports regarding our captain Barry Ferguson are utter nonsense. "Barry is the cornerstone of our team as well as being our captain. He is a player who is not only valued by the club but also by our fans. "He is simply not for sale and he he is fully committed to a long career at Rangers Football Club."

:D
Yeah I know mate I was only joking, Tho I would like to see him along side Gerrard. :shock:

Cant remember who scored at Ibrox think it was that guy, but it was a deflected free kick was it not?

Can't remember that's why I asked :D.

I'm pretty sure Santa Cruz scored tho for some reason, perhaps he flicked on the free-kick or something I dunno :eh:...

ClassicD said:
Can't remember that's why I asked :D.

I'm pretty sure Santa Cruz scored tho for some reason, perhaps he flicked on the free-kick or something I dunno :eh:...

It was Michael Tarnat who I believe has just signed for Man City.

Back
Top Bottom