The Random Football Thread - Topic changed many times already!

Re: Argentina-England! PEKERMAN!!! :|

Dar said:
Haha, the line isn't even in the right place, it's in front of crossbar.

Rocky I agree, you cant say "what if" or "if that didn't happen", otherwise it's not football, or life in general. Unfortunately for every level headed fan their are some that dont quite grasp these concepts and like to continue on the thinking path of "I'm right, everyone else is wrong.

No it's not, it goes through the crossbar, and starts on the line. Look more carefully.

Last edited:

CWright said:
What team is on the top of that list?

Way to miss the point. ;)

Mikey said:
No it's not, it goes through the crossbar, and starts on the line. Look more carefully.

You can clearly see the entire width of the red line, which means it cant be going "through" the crossbar. It should be more to the right and should bisect the middle of the of the crossbar, which it does not. Also if you want to get technical, thats the most flattering angle for the pro-goal case, it's very deceptive about the depth.

Dar said:

Thanks, missing the point is what I do :) I am thinking of a career in politics once I finish delivering newspapers

Dar said:

You can clearly see the entire width of the red line, which means it cant be going "through" the crossbar. It should be more to the right and should bisect the middle of the of the crossbar, which it does not. Also if you want to get technical, thats the most flattering angle for the pro-goal case, it's very deceptive about the depth.

It was in, there's nothing wrong with the red line or the angle..

Over the line? Not from where I'm looking at it.
over9yh9xo.jpg

It doesn't appear over the line there Rune, because of the angle at which the picture has been taken. You can only draw the line from Gallas' foot, not anywhere across the goal line and expect the ball to be on the right hand side of it.

jeez....where is this thread heading? Firstly, England overrating-ness, Cole Vs Ronaldo and now Liverpool-Chelsea.

Look, I'm getting fed up of people of saying it didn't cross the line cos it did. And now you made me reveal my true sad self as I make a flash movie to prove it:

http://www.rockykabir.com/gallas.html

Gallas' left foot is on the line. He clears the ball with his right. Now, unless Gallas arse's width is less than the width of the goal line on the grass, his right foot must be on the right of the goal line where the ball passed.

It ain't as blatant as this:

mendes-goal.jpg

but it is still in

Last edited:

Revan said:
As the Random Crap thread changed section? and name for that matter?

:mrgreen: LOL.............leave this English lot and see what they do to a thread about an International friendly. Now we got how two players are trying to eat each other and now we got Sky diagrams for goal's that never where. :mrgreen:

This is almost as funny as Saturday's after match antics.

FD

JayM said:
Yeah, you can tell by your avatar. ;)

Eh , the fact i support a team in the Championship is funny to you..em ok yea its so funny emmm sorry I think i need to go get that one a bit more.

fd1972uk said:
:mrgreen: LOL.............leave this English lot and see what they do to a thread about an International friendly. Now we got how two players are trying to eat each other and now we got Sky diagrams for goal's that never where. :mrgreen:

This is almost as funny as Saturday's after match antics.

FD
Why do some ppl concetrate on something that doesnt concern them, for example scotland played USA now if USA won 4 -0 it wouldnt have botherd me or most ppl on this board but for you it just seems a way of life.Should I also point out the fact that for no reason atall you booed the USA nationa anthem , now this is intself is part of football but goes a bit deeper in Scotland.Going back to the the time of the twin towers when Claudio Reyna played for Rangers what did the green half of glasgow do, imitate crashing planes .Such a nation to lead by example. Now back to the point of this thread , which Im sure theese ppl would rather stay off yet to fuel more contraversion SHITE in a nutshell

Did you read about the fact Crespo said it was a fix, proberly a lot of bullshit tho i dont know if a player would actually say that. I think also back to the point of Wayne Rooney being the only "winner" in the side , could the same not be said about Argentina. Riquelme when he was taken off Argentina became an avarage side , was it the fact that Wayne Rooney was still on inspired Joe Cole to put in a gr8 cross and Michael Owen to take two headers. Now I think the last point was totall rubbish , Argentina are no one man side neither are England. I like most other England fans dont think we sould go and win the world cup, I think its called a bit of hope. We have a chance , proberly the best since 1990 to make a decent effort. Most proberly Brazil will win it , with the clear second favourites being Argentina and you cant forget the rest of the european giants makin an effort especially Germany. Now do some people really think we forget about these teams, no more that hey forget about us I'd say.

Last edited:

Gallas's left foot is on the line, his right foot is over it attempting to hoof the ball clear. Goal. It was given. Chelse couldn't score against liverpool despite having a far superior team. Chech would of been sent off, Chelsea would of been down to 10men and so their chances of scoring, significanty decrease.

This doesn't bode well for the Summer of 2006 for the WC. How can I wind up all my English buddies about them getting whipped in the WC, if they start going off at each other about when Didier Drogba was 2 yards offside for his goal against Portsmouth which clinched the league mathematically (that'll be around Xmas by the way) for Chelsea.

This isn't good, I preferred when the likes of Val, Dazza and YEOC would go off like madmen and you could get a hot topic. :(

FD

:lol:

But back to England I thought they put in a great performance, yes we were fortunate to comeback and win at the end. I didn't think either team deserved to lose but thats football. They got sloppy and we punished them but it's no good just playing like this in a friendly we need to do it in competitive matches. I mean apart from our win against poland where I thought we played very well, our last competitive performances have been poor.

But we have a good chance of winning the world cup, but barring some sort of major disaster I can't see any other team than Brazil actually winning it. But look at the last world cup, there were alot of shocks and surprises. The holders going out at the group stages, aswell as Argentina!

I mean in no way are the argies a much better team than us, cos at this current point in time I think we have the best central defender and midfielder in the world in Terry and Lampard. Then in Rooney we have IMHO the best young player in the world at the moment. People are saying we shouldn't rely on him blah blah blah. But when you have a player that good who can do the things he can then you've always got a better chance of winning. I mean I honestly believe England would have won in portugal if he hadn't have got injured.

Don't you honestly think Lampard has been pretty average for England? I've never been overly impressed with him, just like Gerrard for England. Brilliant club player, playing at the peak of his ability, although still far away from the likes of Ronaldinho, Zidane (even now), Kaka, Aimar for me.

Terry is a cracking centre half, don't think he's the best by a long shot, but he's good.

Rooney is one of the best youngsters out there, don't think he's a gifted as a Messi or Robinho, but he's got brilliant ability, strong and can hit a ball. For me he's your most important player by quite a bit.

Personally I can't see England winning it, might reach the QF and depending who they meet will probably crash out there, think the likes of Brazil, France, Spain, Argentina, Holland and Italy will be stronger bets.

FD

Yes, fair enough - we do overrate our players a tad but I also feel there is a tendancy for others to write off English players as world class. Is it because of the stereotypical beliefs of the ol' Long ball tactics? Is it because they generally dislike us? I honestly don't know......

The english players don't have the flair of their continental cousins but they are effective in what they do and in the end of the day, thats all that counts right?

Take for example Terry. The guy may not move forward with the ball, he ain't got the most pace and can't make long passes to save his life. But the guy can read the game very well and has been integral in Chelsea's amazing defensive record. For me, he's the best in the world in his position at the moment.

Taken, Rooney (bear in mind that he is very young) ain't as gifted as the Messi's and the Robinho's. But who will I have in my team? definitely Rooney. He is a match winner and will take games by the scruff of the neck even when his teammates aren't up to much. Would Robinho do that? I dunno but I doubt it.

Being a great football player requires a whole lot more than skill (hence why I reckon Maradona is soo much better than Pele). If the lads in England can click and play as a team, I reckon they can beat anyone on their day.

For record, Maradona had much more skill than Pele.
I feel another subject change coming on... :lol:

fd1972uk said:
Rooney is one of the best youngsters out there, don't think he's a gifted as a Messi or Robinho, but he's got brilliant ability, strong and can hit a ball. For me he's your most important player by quite a bit.

For me Rooney is much more gifted, I mean just because he doesn't do a 1001 stepovers every game like some players people think he's not as gifted. If he wants to go past a player he just goes past them, non of this silly fucking 7 or 8 stepovers beforehand. He's got amazing technique, great first touch and the strength to match the strongest players. But the thing that amazes me is his workrate, it's second to none. He's already got nearly 30 caps!!! and he's only just turned 20.

Ask any coach in the world whether who they'd want out of those 3 and I bet 9 out of 10 times they'd pick Rooney.

I think they'd pick Robinho, because he's more overrated.

mattster12 said:
For me Rooney is much more gifted, I mean just because he doesn't do a 1001 stepovers every game like some players people think he's not as gifted. If he wants to go past a player he just goes past them, non of this silly fucking 7 or 8 stepovers beforehand. He's got amazing technique, great first touch and the strength to match the strongest players. But the thing that amazes me is his workrate, it's second to none. He's already got nearly 30 caps!!! and he's only just turned 20.

Ask any coach in the world whether who they'd want out of those 3 and I bet 9 out of 10 times they'd pick Rooney.
Totally agree. This is one of the reasons why Robben is fun to watch. He doesnt need stepovers or tricks either. But he still somehow manages to get past players.

lumlum said:
For record, Maradona had much more skill than Pele.
I feel another subject change coming on... :lol:
Pele is overated IMO. And he stole the spotlight from the rest of the Brazil players who were arguably equally as good.
Maradona on the other hand was like a god on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom